Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: 1 amp, 2 sub woofers - same size or not, single 2 chamber enclosure. ported & sealed?

snax is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Icon33 1 amp, 2 sub woofers - same size or not, single 2 chamber enclosure. ported & sealed?

1 amp, 2 sub woofers - same size or not, single 2 chamber enclosure, one sub ported and one sub sealed for a mix of SPL and SQ.

Input requested from people who have tried this. First off the subs even of not the same size will have the same or close RMS I also understand that subsonic and gain will not be 100% ideal for both but..? I have been throwing around this idea for 10 -12 years but never did it. Who has? How did it sound? I'm just looking for a happy medium and it would be neat to design and build this enclosure.Ill post results one day but I'm sure I'm not the only person who has thought of this. I have had the best luck with ported subs firing towards passenger side of the car with port back and sealed sub pointed back. So basically I'm talking about a box with a ported sub firing at the passenger side of the trunk with a port point towards the rear with a sealed sub next to it. What would you do? a 10 and a 15? a 12 and a 18? 2 12s? 2 10s? Any input welcome. Thanks!

2. Dislikes TitoThePirate, Bettr n' Revrse disliked this post

nu2spl is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    118 Post(s)

Re: 1 amp, 2 sub woofers - same size or not, single 2 chamber enclosure. ported & sea

really??one sealed and one ported??same size or not?? dont be that guy,just dont

bought from: wccoug21 sundownz thegreatestpenn loudwhat? woofercooker jonny101abc spooney fasfocus00

sold to: jpx18 Nateberrier Ge_off_me spm_215 2lo2flo akheathen etm34 djjdnap jfroghobo traded: SPLaudio Zeuslicious

under construction:
    1992 Toyota Paseo(1) Pioneer DEH-P500UB head unit(2)American Bass VFL 500.1 amps(4) stinger batteries,building 2 10's in tubes

4. Thanks Dtrom thanked for this post
    Likes oxsign, wickedwitt, subzero, Dtrom liked this post
    snax is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Re: 1 amp, 2 sub woofers - same size or not, single 2 chamber enclosure. ported & sea

Quote Originally Posted by nu2spl View Post
    really??one sealed and one ported??same size or not?? dont be that guy,just dont
    why not?

6. Dislikes oxsign, subzero disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    118 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snax View Post
    why not?
    because its not going to work,one sealed and one ported are going to be doing different frequencies and end up cancelling each other,and one a different size then the other,the bigger one will drowned out the smaller one,its pointless,its not going to work so dont do it

bought from: wccoug21 sundownz thegreatestpenn loudwhat? woofercooker jonny101abc spooney fasfocus00

sold to: jpx18 Nateberrier Ge_off_me spm_215 2lo2flo akheathen etm34 djjdnap jfroghobo traded: SPLaudio Zeuslicious

under construction:
    1992 Toyota Paseo(1) Pioneer DEH-P500UB head unit(2)American Bass VFL 500.1 amps(4) stinger batteries,building 2 10's in tubes

MutantDreams is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

Why not just do a bandpass box?

snax is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

because its not going to work,one sealed and one ported are going to be doing different frequencies and end up cancelling each other,and one a different size then the other,the bigger one will drowned out the smaller one,its pointless,its not going to work so dont do it
    challenge accepted...

10. Thanks nismos14 thanked for this post
    Dislikes Bettr n' Revrse disliked this post
    snax is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MutantDreams View Post
    Why not just do a bandpass box?
    i have done plenty. it seems that all boxes lack something or have gains in an area, why not have some of each?

12. Thanks nismos14 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    118 Post(s)

challenge accepted...
    dude really? then why did you want input if you are not going to listen to anyone?

under construction:

snax is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

dude really? then why did you want input if you are not going to listen to anyone?
    who made you, one person audio god? i want input not a mommy to tell me what i can and cant do. I heard your thoughts and opinions and thank you for them. Im going to try it no matter what happens on forums.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    118 Post(s)

who made you, one person audio god? i want input not a mommy to tell me what i can and cant do. I heard your thoughts and opinions and thank you for them. Im going to try it no matter what happens on forums.
    lol ok well then im done with trying to help you,bye,bye

under construction:

snax is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

lol ok well then im done with trying to help you,bye,bye
    I am truly sorry that i hurt your feelings. I should have made it clear that I wasn't looking for a yes/no, just input. I have noted your opinions on my question and thank you for them. Respect to you audio brother and thank you for your replies.

Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2341 Post(s)

Wow

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

18. Likes Lowflyin, av83, wickedwitt, snax liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    118 Post(s)

I am truly sorry that i hurt your feelings. I should have made it clear that I wasn't looking for a yes/no, just input. I have noted your opinions on my question and thank you for them. Respect to you audio brother and thank you for your replies.
    my feeling are not hurt,just trying to save you alot of wasted time and money,i was new to all this once too,ive done exactly what you are wanting to do,yes it looks cool but thats about all.2 10's 2 12's and 2 15's all together in one box,and in separate chambers in the same vehicle been there done that and its a waste man.

under construction:

TitoThePirate is offline Newb Nuthugger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    161 Post(s)

wut do huh port size?

21. Likes wickedwitt liked this post
    snax is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

my feeling are not hurt,just trying to save you alot of wasted time and money,i was new to all this once too,ive done exactly what you are wanting to do,yes it looks cool but thats about all.2 10's 2 12's and 2 15's all together in one box,and in separate chambers in the same vehicle been there done that and its a waste man.
    i have been into car/home audio since i was 14, I'm 33 now. worked as a mobile installer for 6 years in a shop the rest at home, haven't done this type of enclosure the whole time. 6 hours and $25 for a sheet of 3/4 particle i can spare. just never tried it. What size sub/amp combination, configuration did you try?

23. Dislikes av83 disliked this post
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast