Closed Thread

Reload Thread: transmission and weight

Polski13 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

transmission and weight

I've got a 05 Honda accord lx coupe 2.4L 4cyl. And when I put my system in the trunk, ill probably have 500 Ibs and possibly a lot more. How would this weight effect my car? Would I end up screwing up my transmission? And is there any solution to help to prevent problems besides taking the system out of my car? I've found custom coilovers that will handle the weight in the back.

And this car is my daily driver. Do a lot of you uys do the same with there vehicles?

rjay is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: transmission and weight

Quote Originally Posted by nateski10 View Post
    I've got a 05 Honda accord lx coupe 2.4L 4cyl. And when I put my system in the trunk, ill probably have 500 Ibs and possibly a lot more. How would this weight effect my car? Would I end up screwing up my transmission? And is there any solution to help to prevent problems besides taking the system out of my car? I've found custom coilovers that will handle the weight in the back.

And this car is my daily driver. Do a lot of you uys do the same with there vehicles?
    Wow, what does your system consist of to weigh 500 lbs?

My simple but pleasing setup

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X497 HU
    Rockford Fosgate Punch P1000X5D 5 channel amp
    CDT HD62im front components w/ CDT 550i crossovers
    Image Dynamics IDQ10D4v3 sub (sealed enclosure)
    Audio Technix Sound Deadener
    Knu Konceptz Kolossus 4ga amp kit

blobb454 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

No... You won't hurt the trans. Unless you are running the ****. performance wise, out of your car?? I.E racing or tracking you're car. You're trans will never know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by kpetree View Post
    I feel like you're a waste of your mothers stretch marks, better luck finding your gf next season. Fck off, post dump somewhere else.

FamousMassacre is offline Team Tantric

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I would believe that your car's handling will be not as agile and that your mpg might drop.

skylineTT is offline bass=sekz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

trans will be fine, you'll get bad gas milage, you'll need the stiff springs in the back, and it'll be even slower than it is now. What weighs 500lbs though?

Refs: Dipitydoo, appollyon, bad95gt, revrider1, jwh1598, ampjunkielikeme, deathpenalty18, ssackett, snoopysnooper, corey0928, SPLAudio, Clifff150, CL1CKCLACK, ShawnT, West + more

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rjay View Post
    Wow, what does your system consist of to weigh 500 lbs?
    Depending on the size of the system, it's fairly easy to get up there. G31 batteries are about 75 a piece, big boxes can be like 70 or more, big subs can be 50 or more, plus amps, wire, and other various pieces and 500 pounds is not a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

blobb454 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

'05 should have a Tcm or transmission control module. Brain to trans. The trans shouldn't see any difference. Suspension will be the factor here.

Quote Originally Posted by kpetree View Post
    I feel like you're a waste of your mothers stretch marks, better luck finding your gf next season. Fck off, post dump somewhere else.

nu2spl is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

i have close to that weight in my toyota '92 paseo,mine is a 5 speed but its been there for 2 years now and its my daily driver,it handles it fine,my gas mileage ***** though lol

bought from: wccoug21 sundownz thegreatestpenn loudwhat? woofercooker jonny101abc spooney fasfocus00

sold to: jpx18 Nateberrier Ge_off_me spm_215 2lo2flo akheathen etm34 djjdnap jfroghobo traded: SPLaudio Zeuslicious

under construction:
    1992 Toyota Paseo(1) Pioneer DEH-P500UB head unit(2)American Bass VFL 500.1 amps(4) stinger batteries,building 2 10's in tubes

Sleeklsc is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

500lbs would be equal to riding around 3 peeps everywhere you go. I don't know about you, but I can def tell when I have that much weight in my car and it isn't fun. What happens when you have your "500lb" system AND 3 or 4 friends in the ride. Your little pos isn't going to move.

Ref's:1. Midwestcustoms 1.5. Desertheat 2. Mjbailey 3. Terryracing86 4. Sickmint79 5. Untouchable11 6. mattj 7. Ssweet96 8. Kool9accord 9.Kristinspapi10. Kmhogan224 11. Alpine3612 -x3- 12. Vectork39 13. Livinlife 14.Chriscivic 15. Violentraptor 16. Ricky616 17. Bassaddictj 18.orioles26 19.Khail19 20. jak3th3snak311 21. Myjaja 22. Springy101 x2 23. Ali1 24. Privatepastry 25. Plus about 10+ more..

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skylineTT View Post
    trans will be fine, you'll get bad gas milage, you'll need the stiff springs in the back, and it'll be even slower than it is now. What weighs 500lbs though?
    I have 3 stingers batts, 2 atomic apocalypse apx 12s, tons of 1/0 runnining throughout the car, saz 3500d amp, 4 channel eclipse, 2 channel alpine, crossovers, a bag full of tools, I still have the spare tire in it which I plan to take out, and so on. It ends up being a ton of weight. And when I have passengers its a ton. And my gas mileage in the city avg about 20mpg with about 300Ibs that's in my car right now and I avg 31 highway. All around I avg 25. But lately bc of winter the lowest mileage I've averaged was about 19

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blobb454 View Post
    '05 should have a Tcm or transmission control module. Brain to trans. The trans shouldn't see any difference. Suspension will be the factor here.
    Yeah I'm going to try and buy some coilovers that will handle the weight

Sleeklsc is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nateski10 View Post
    I have 3 stingers batts, 2 atomic apocalypse apx 12s, tons of 1/0 runnining throughout the car, saz 3500d amp, 4 channel eclipse, 2 channel alpine, crossovers, a bag full of tools, I still have the spare tire in it which I plan to take out, and so on. It ends up being a ton of weight. And when I have passengers its a ton. And my gas mileage in the city avg about 20mpg with about 300Ibs that's in my car right now and I avg 31 highway. All around I avg 25. But lately bc of winter the lowest mileage I've averaged was about 19

Damn the winter blend! But it is cheaper so it all equals out I guess.

Time to install a turbo!

Vrooooooom

Ref's:1. Midwestcustoms 1.5. Desertheat 2. Mjbailey 3. Terryracing86 4. Sickmint79 5. Untouchable11 6. mattj 7. Ssweet96 8. Kool9accord 9.Kristinspapi10. Kmhogan224 11. Alpine3612 -x3- 12. Vectork39 13. Livinlife 14.Chriscivic 15. Violentraptor 16. Ricky616 17. Bassaddictj 18.orioles26 19.Khail19 20. jak3th3snak311 21. Myjaja 22. Springy101 x2 23. Ali1 24. Privatepastry 25. Plus about 10+ more..

Closed Thread