Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 60

Reload Thread: Advice/Questions new system

  1. #31
    Tenacious's Avatar
    Tenacious is offline Banned



    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lebanon, TN
    Posts
    542
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Advice/Questions new system

    Quote Originally Posted by darron016 View Post
    Back to my original question, when I have 2 amps hooked up.. Should I get battery in trunk than? Or just upgrade the alternator instead of a new battery in trunk..
    Or just do big 3 and call it.
    Do the big 3 and a single battery in the back won't hurt anything. No need to upgrade the alternator for that kind of power unless you have an old car with a very small alternator

    ---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

    And the volt meter is a good idea. They're worth the $2 they cost on eBay







  2. #32
    NASTY08IMPALA's Avatar
    NASTY08IMPALA is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY
    Posts
    5,279
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

    Re: Advice/Questions new system

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious View Post
    Do the big 3 and a single battery in the back won't hurt anything. No need to upgrade the alternator for that kind of power unless you have an old car with a very small alternator

    ---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

    And the volt meter is a good idea. They're worth the $2 they cost on eBay
    i would start with the batterynder the hood first .i wouldnt put a good batt in the back with a crappy one up front




  3. #33
    darron016's Avatar
    darron016 is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    minneapolis, mn
    Posts
    392
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

    Re: Advice/Questions new system

    Why get a voltmeter? so i know it is changing volts? whats the point of that?




  4. #34
    NASTY08IMPALA's Avatar
    NASTY08IMPALA is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY
    Posts
    5,279
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

    Re: Advice/Questions new system

    to watch rhe voltage and make sure its not dipping too low..wire it directly to amp..its a must have




  5. #35
    darron016's Avatar
    darron016 is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    minneapolis, mn
    Posts
    392
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

    Re: Advice/Questions new system

    Wire it directly to which amp?

    What should the voltage be at? And what is too low?
    And what should I do if it does dip too low?




  6. #36
    NASTY08IMPALA's Avatar
    NASTY08IMPALA is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY
    Posts
    5,279
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

    Re: Advice/Questions new system

    wire to sub amp ....should be around 13.8 -14.4 with car running ....dont dip below 12 and if it does turn it.down ..this will let u know how.good ur electrical is




  7. #37
    Tenacious's Avatar
    Tenacious is offline Banned



    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lebanon, TN
    Posts
    542
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Advice/Questions new system

    Quote Originally Posted by NASTY08IMPALA View Post
    i would start with the batterynder the hood first .i wouldnt put a good batt in the back with a crappy one up front
    Depends on how old his battery under the hood is. If its pretty old then yea, it's worth replacing it anyways




  8. #38
    tommydh's Avatar
    tommydh is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    468
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Advice/Questions new system

    Do the big three first. I have a Hifononics BRZ 1700 @2ohms and a 4 channel pioneer amp in a mini cooper with stock Battery and alternator only have 2 of the big 3 done grounds and am not having any problems with dimming at all. Im running 1 sd-2 10 soon to be 2 of them as soon as I finish my box




  9. #39
    NASTY08IMPALA's Avatar
    NASTY08IMPALA is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY
    Posts
    5,279
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

    Re: Advice/Questions new system

    Quote Originally Posted by tommydh View Post
    Do the big three first. I have a Hifononics BRZ 1700 @2ohms and a 4 channel pioneer amp in a mini cooper with stock Battery and alternator only have 2 of the big 3 done grounds and am not having any problems with dimming at all. Im running 1 sd-2 10 soon to be 2 of them as soon as I finish my box
    yea but hes already experiencing dimming issues.big 3 isnt a miracle fix. id say he needs at least a god batt under the hood if the stock one isnt new




  10. #40
    darron016's Avatar
    darron016 is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    minneapolis, mn
    Posts
    392
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

    Re: Advice/Questions new system

    I have a stock battery but I just put it in last year bought it from O rillys so it is relatively new.
    Yes I was thinking of only doing 2 of the 3 because the 3rd one was confusing.. I can do ALT to batt easily and batt to ground easily.. But the other one about the motor is confusing so I might just go with the 2,




  11. #41
    darron016's Avatar
    darron016 is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    minneapolis, mn
    Posts
    392
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

    Re: Advice/Questions new system

    Quote Originally Posted by NASTY08IMPALA View Post
    yea but hes already experiencing dimming issues.big 3 isnt a miracle fix. id say he needs at least a god batt under the hood if the stock one isnt new
    Stock is new, I replaced it thinking my old battery was dead. Come to fine out I needed a new alternator instead. My alternator is 6 months old.




  12. #42
    tommydh's Avatar
    tommydh is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    468
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Advice/Questions new system

    Quote Originally Posted by NASTY08IMPALA View Post
    yea but hes already experiencing dimming issues.big 3 isnt a miracle fix. id say he needs at least a god batt under the hood if the stock one isnt new
    I agree Im just waitig for my factory battery to die before replacing it. Now the way I was taught as Electrician when running Multiple batteries they need to be the same ones

    ---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by darron016 View Post
    Stock is new, I replaced it thinking my old battery was dead. Come to fine out I needed a new alternator instead. My alternator is 6 months old.
    what type of vehicle is it?




  13. #43
    darron016's Avatar
    darron016 is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    minneapolis, mn
    Posts
    392
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

    Re: Advice/Questions new system

    Chevy cavalier 1999




  14. #44
    NASTY08IMPALA's Avatar
    NASTY08IMPALA is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY
    Posts
    5,279
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

    Re: Advice/Questions new system

    the big 3 isnt confusing ur makin it harder than it has to be buddy..step 1 run fused power wire from alt to positive battery terminal..step 2 run ground from case bolt on alt to negative on battery ..step 3 run ground from the frame to the negative battery terminal...dont ground to block of engine




  15. #45
    tommydh's Avatar
    tommydh is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    468
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Advice/Questions new system

    Quote Originally Posted by darron016 View Post
    I have a stock battery but I just put it in last year bought it from O rillys so it is relatively new.
    Yes I was thinking of only doing 2 of the 3 because the 3rd one was confusing.. I can do ALT to batt easily and batt to ground easily.. But the other one about the motor is confusing so I might just go with the 2,
    that is the easy one you ground your engine block AKA alternator ground to ground point. You should probably see a braided strap or something similar there now.




Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12-17-2010, 11:02 PM
  2. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 11:19 PM
  3. Need Advice for new system
    By rwest0115 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 12:43 AM
  4. Second post......advice on new system
    By cphelan1 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-05-2005, 06:41 PM
  5. need advice on new system
    By JonnyBlaze in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 12:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum