Closed Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Reload Thread: New to caraudio.com kove armageddons, 6000watt poweracoustik amp help!! Please!!!

  1. #1
    latenitetip88's Avatar
    latenitetip88 is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    LaSalle, IL
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Icon8 New to caraudio.com kove armageddons, 6000watt poweracoustik amp help!! Please!!!

    Hello all!! Glad to join all of yall, I just got a pair of kove audio armageddons, there 2 12s, i was wondering what series they are and if a 6000 watt power acoustik demon series amp would be too much or just right if tuned perfect, they are in a slot ported box, i dont know how to exactly put a picture but i found one for sale on ebay if the attachment didnt show up its at it says z series(that is not my sub mine are exactly mine are the same but like brand new though, and in a very nice box an obcon 2 12" slot ported, ive had alot of subs, every type basically but ive heard alot about theres armageddons... i was wondering if anyone knew the wattage on these and i am going to hook them up to a 6000watt Power Acoustik New to caraudio.com kove armageddons, 6000watt poweracoustik amp help!! Please!!!-419by5zd-rl._sl500_aa300_.jpgNew to caraudio.com kove armageddons, 6000watt poweracoustik amp help!! Please!!!-capture1.jpg New to caraudio.com kove armageddons, 6000watt poweracoustik amp help!! Please!!!-img_1048-web.jpgNew to caraudio.com kove armageddons, 6000watt poweracoustik amp help!! Please!!!-%24-kgrhqj-iof-eoiqrsybqgb-22q%7E%7E60_12.jpg i think i got the pics there so i was wondering if this is a good combo? also am running a 30 farad power acoustik cap along with it in the trunk of a 94 deville, just wondering cuz i have no clue what these subs are rated bought the whole system (cap,amp,subs in enclosure for 225$) **MODEL NAMES ARE**CAP:PCX-30F SUBS:Armageddon ??12" AMP:POWER ACOUSTIK D1-6000D Demon 6000 Watt Mono Bass Amp, BOX:: OBCON Labyrinth Vented Black W/ Brush Metal Sides is this a good deal, could someone tell me the series of the subs im thinkin they are Z series?? AND REALLY CURIOUS TO THE WATTAGE!!! I know this is not the "ideal" setup for these subs(pretty much every sub has a specific amp of choice that goes with it to make it sound perfect) just wondering if this will work for it, and one more question PWR WIRE --0 gauge wire or will 2-4 work? Hope this is in the right forum thank you for any/all info!!! Im so so confused on this one, so used to mainstream subs. ANY INFO Much Appreciated!!! Checking rapidly for an answer want to get this installation goin!!! THANK YOU SOO MUCH!
    Last edited by latenitetip88; 01-27-2013 at 05:49 AM. Reason: more detail







  2. #2
    murph's Avatar
    murph is offline Low for Life



    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Richmond,VA
    Posts
    3,992
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1438 Post(s)

    Re: New to caraudio.com kove armageddons, 6000watt poweracoustik amp help!! Please!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by latenitetip88 View Post
    Hello all!! Glad to join all of yall, I just got a pair of kove audio armageddons, there 2 12s, i was wondering what series they are and if a 6000 watt power acoustik demon series amp would be too much or just right if tuned perfect, they are in a slot ported box, i dont know how to exactly put a picture but i found one for sale on ebay if the attachment didnt show up its at it says z series(that is not my sub mine are exactly mine are the same but like brand new though, and in a very nice box an obcon 2 12" slot ported, ive had alot of subs, every type basically but ive heard alot about theres armageddons... i was wondering if anyone knew the wattage on these and i am going to hook them up to a 6000watt Power Acoustik Attachment 26539604Attachment 26539603 Attachment 26539605Attachment 26539606 i think i got the pics there so i was wondering if this is a good combo? also am running a 30 farad power acoustik cap along with it in the trunk of a 94 deville, just wondering cuz i have no clue what these subs are rated bought the whole system (cap,amp,subs in enclosure for 225$) **MODEL NAMES ARE**CAP:PCX-30F SUBS:Armageddon ??12" AMP:POWER ACOUSTIK D1-6000D Demon 6000 Watt Mono Bass Amp, BOX:: OBCON Labyrinth Vented Black W/ Brush Metal Sides is this a good deal, could someone tell me the series of the subs im thinkin they are Z series?? AND REALLY CURIOUS TO THE WATTAGE!!! I know this is not the "ideal" setup for these subs(pretty much every sub has a specific amp of choice that goes with it to make it sound perfect) just wondering if this will work for it, and one more question PWR WIRE --0 gauge wire or will 2-4 work? Hope this is in the right forum thank you for any/all info!!! Im so so confused on this one, so used to mainstream subs. ANY INFO Much Appreciated!!! Checking rapidly for an answer want to get this installation goin!!! THANK YOU SOO MUCH!
    I would run the koves on 2000 rms to start with. What are the coil configurations on the koves? You will want a custom made box to go along with them because that prefab will be doing you no justice. The Power Acoustik in no way does rated at 1 ohm but may do 2500 rms at 1 ohm. You will need 0 gauge wiring and an extra battery to run this amplifier. The cap you have you need to trash and not use with the system since they do more harm than good.



    Hu: kenwood kdc-x995
    Sub: Boston acoustics G5 12 in a quasi 6th order
    Amp: Phoenix gold zx600.2 ti
    Front Speakers: Eclipse sc6500
    HIT UP FOR BASS ---> http://www.youtube.com/user/BassWithMurph?feature=mhee

  3. Thanks latenitetip88 thanked for this post
    Likes latenitetip88 liked this post
  4. #3
    latenitetip88's Avatar
    latenitetip88 is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    LaSalle, IL
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Re: New to caraudio.com kove armageddons, 6000watt poweracoustik amp help!! Please!!!

    i gotta take the box apart n check how they got the coils setup, ill try getting my brother to do it, i got a back injury n got 2 more weeks of no lifting. (not that i dont wanna lift but i literally cant) n ill let you know asap




  5. 01-27-2013

    CarAudio.com Elite

    Reason
    post dumping

  6. #4
    SomeguyinPDX's Avatar
    SomeguyinPDX is offline GunHappy



    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portland, Or
    Age
    41
    Posts
    376
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)

    Re: New to caraudio.com kove armageddons, 6000watt poweracoustik amp help!! Please!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by murph View Post
    I would run the koves on 2000 rms to start with. What are the coil configurations on the koves? You will want a custom made box to go along with them because that prefab will be doing you no justice. The Power Acoustik in no way does rated at 1 ohm but may do 2500 rms at 1 ohm. You will need 0 gauge wiring and an extra battery to run this amplifier. The cap you have you need to trash and not use with the system since they do more harm than good.
    Worded perfectly murph.

    As for the deleted post. I don't know what he said, but I'm suprised there was only one "Dump". Seems like everytime someone new asks a question about their system lately the answers they get are the same quality as the gear they are running. (Thats BS) Most of us that run high end gear didn't start out that way, so why shit on someone doing the same thing? Beatin'



    2007 Volkswagen Fahrenheit GTI #470 of 1200 - Stock System w/big 3 and Yellow top optima. Slowly getting ready to start the system build

    SOLD or Purchased from: CD6551, ace_800, underfire , Cyclone9, mclsound, mylows10, BigSix.....

  7. Thanks latenitetip88 thanked for this post
    Likes bgordon, garretttt4 liked this post
  8. #5
    garretttt4's Avatar
    garretttt4 is offline big pimpin



    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Watertown sd
    Posts
    2,440
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1023 Post(s)

    Re: New to caraudio.com kove armageddons, 6000watt poweracoustik amp help!! Please!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeguyinPDX View Post
    Worded perfectly murph.

    As for the deleted post. I don't know what he said, but I'm suprised there was only one "Dump". Seems like everytime someone new asks a question about their system lately the answers they get are the same quality as the gear they are running. (Thats BS) Most of us that run high end gear didn't start out that way, so why shit on someone doing the same thing? Beatin'
    That's what I always hate.



    01 Silverado 2500hd
    Four custom mmats juggernaut 12's. (For sale, or trade for two beefy 12's or 15's)


    Bought from: Jayzbent, mylows10, logan527, Timmy13091, wingsfreak9, Underfire
    Traded with: mylows10(x2), knowmadic
    Sold to: 03silverado03, foomanchu, heel4lyfe, Timmy13091, wErd

  9. Thanks latenitetip88 thanked for this post
  10. #6
    ThatChevyGuy's Avatar
    ThatChevyGuy is offline NOLA Sludge



    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    12,440
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    963 Post(s)

    Re: New to caraudio.com kove armageddons, 6000watt poweracoustik amp help!! Please!!!

    Don't get that power acoustik amp, at least get a BAMF or PHANATIK 5500



    REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05fronty View Post
    bitch you better swallow and not make a mess

  11. Likes latenitetip88 liked this post
  12. #7
    azagtoth502's Avatar
    azagtoth502 is offline Member



    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    Re: New to caraudio.com kove armageddons, 6000watt poweracoustik amp help!! Please!!!

    Better to stay away from ALL Power Acoustik amps




  13. #8
    Sub Bass Woofrz's Avatar
    Sub Bass Woofrz is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Camas, WA
    Posts
    336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)

    Re: New to caraudio.com kove armageddons, 6000watt poweracoustik amp help!! Please!!!

    i think he said its $250 for all of it? Sell the cap to some sucker on craigslist for like $50




  14. Likes latenitetip88 liked this post
  15. #9
    murph's Avatar
    murph is offline Low for Life



    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Richmond,VA
    Posts
    3,992
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1438 Post(s)

    Re: New to caraudio.com kove armageddons, 6000watt poweracoustik amp help!! Please!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeguyinPDX View Post
    Worded perfectly murph.

    As for the deleted post. I don't know what he said, but I'm suprised there was only one "Dump". Seems like everytime someone new asks a question about their system lately the answers they get are the same quality as the gear they are running. (Thats BS) Most of us that run high end gear didn't start out that way, so why shit on someone doing the same thing? Beatin'
    Thanks, most people post dump on the posts where noobs come in here with zero research done. It gets annoying trying to explain the same simple things to people when they could use the search bar or google to find their answers. As for posts like this they are great posts for people that need help with their system.



    Hu: kenwood kdc-x995
    Sub: Boston acoustics G5 12 in a quasi 6th order
    Amp: Phoenix gold zx600.2 ti
    Front Speakers: Eclipse sc6500
    HIT UP FOR BASS ---> http://www.youtube.com/user/BassWithMurph?feature=mhee

  16. Likes latenitetip88 liked this post
  17. #10
    latenitetip88's Avatar
    latenitetip88 is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    LaSalle, IL
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Re: New to caraudio.com kove armageddons, 6000watt poweracoustik amp help!! Please!!!

    Ok guys i got my system hooks up, it slams, and yeah i did pay 225$ for the whole deal, but i beleive one of the subs is blown, although it hits hard as hell, i hear a rattling noise (i gotta make a range cd and test it to see whats goin on there), unless its doing what my diamond audio d3 10" did and the dust cap is coming loose, im going to take out the subs of the box this weekend after i get out of college and make sure everythings wired up and nothings screwed up there, the power acoustik amp is actually serving some justice, although im in luck my mom just opened another pawnshop, so i should be getting my wholesale book again and able to order whatever i need below ebay/googleshop prices. i appreciate all your guys' help. i really really do. these are the first real subs ive had that are used for drags etc. ive had apline type-r's, orion XTR 12s(first system) rockfordfosgate punch p2s(garbage) boss ripper 15's(somehow were nice as hell for 22$ a piece), but nothing that hits close to these besides the alpines which i still think these hit alot better. also i was noticing alot of people recone these, and eh if worse comes to worse, i got one good one, sell the box, the cap(which i think i may exchange for a capkiller), im happy thats all that matters i guess hah.




  18. #11
    murph's Avatar
    murph is offline Low for Life



    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Richmond,VA
    Posts
    3,992
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1438 Post(s)

    Re: New to caraudio.com kove armageddons, 6000watt poweracoustik amp help!! Please!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by latenitetip88 View Post
    Ok guys i got my system hooks up, it slams, and yeah i did pay 225$ for the whole deal, but i beleive one of the subs is blown, although it hits hard as hell, i hear a rattling noise (i gotta make a range cd and test it to see whats goin on there), unless its doing what my diamond audio d3 10" did and the dust cap is coming loose, im going to take out the subs of the box this weekend after i get out of college and make sure everythings wired up and nothings screwed up there, the power acoustik amp is actually serving some justice, although im in luck my mom just opened another pawnshop, so i should be getting my wholesale book again and able to order whatever i need below ebay/googleshop prices. i appreciate all your guys' help. i really really do. these are the first real subs ive had that are used for drags etc. ive had apline type-r's, orion XTR 12s(first system) rockfordfosgate punch p2s(garbage) boss ripper 15's(somehow were nice as hell for 22$ a piece), but nothing that hits close to these besides the alpines which i still think these hit alot better. also i was noticing alot of people recone these, and eh if worse comes to worse, i got one good one, sell the box, the cap(which i think i may exchange for a capkiller), im happy thats all that matters i guess hah.
    The sub probably has coil rub which might be from the age of these subs. The subs are definitely worth reconing and should not just be tossed if that one is gone. Again do not use caps... They are not helpful to a system and in a proper system serve no place. I really hope the amp is not being ran at 1 ohm with out it being set lower on the gain without an external battery.



    Hu: kenwood kdc-x995
    Sub: Boston acoustics G5 12 in a quasi 6th order
    Amp: Phoenix gold zx600.2 ti
    Front Speakers: Eclipse sc6500
    HIT UP FOR BASS ---> http://www.youtube.com/user/BassWithMurph?feature=mhee

  19. #12
    jockhater2's Avatar
    jockhater2 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Saukville, WI
    Posts
    3,015
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1273 Post(s)

    Re: New to caraudio.com kove armageddons, 6000watt poweracoustik amp help!! Please!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by murph View Post
    I would run the koves on 2000 rms to start with. What are the coil configurations on the koves? You will want a custom made box to go along with them because that prefab will be doing you no justice. The Power Acoustik in no way does rated at 1 ohm but may do 2500 rms at 1 ohm. You will need 0 gauge wiring and an extra battery to run this amplifier. The cap you have you need to trash and not use with the system since they do more harm than good.
    It does 6000 @ 18v
    I believe its 3400 @ 12.
    I am not 100% but I am pretty sure



    Head Unit Pioneer P99RS
    3 Runs of 1/0 OFC Power and 3 Runs of 1/0 OFC Ground
    1 XS Power D3400 & 2 XS Power XP3000 with Copper Bus Bars
    380 Amp & 320 Amp Iraggi Alternators(One is a chevy case, the other ford)
    RD 7500.1 running 2 12 inch SPLaudio (AA Mayhem motors/baskets)
    Tuned to 36 hertz. About 4.5 cubic feet, 8" Aeroport (made by dbeez)
    Zed Audio Leviathan III on Morel MDT-29, RS100-4 & RS225-8 Daytons
    Alex Jones www.infowars.com Endgame, Obama Deception, Truth Rising,
    Fluoride in the water, poison in vaccines, chemical trails in the skyglobal
    elite banks run our government towards a one world global government.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads

  1. New to CarAudio.com
    By TheycallmeJT in forum New Member Introduction
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-17-2012, 12:47 PM
  2. Hello, New to Caraudio.com
    By EmptyKim in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 12:21 AM
  3. New to Caraudio.com
    By Mazdafi in forum New Member Introduction
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 03:15 PM
  4. new to caraudio.com
    By IbSlamn in forum New Member Introduction
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 02:32 PM
  5. Whats going on. New to caraudio.com
    By Jo0ee in forum New Member Introduction
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-14-2007, 06:02 PM

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum