Closed Thread

Reload Thread: i-pod shuffle question. deh 1500 pioneer

bsa_bob is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i-pod shuffle question. deh 1500 pioneer

I have this stereo cd player in my 49 merc.I received an i-pod shuffle for christmas . My problem is; i need a transmitter or an fm tuner, i don't know which.that i can plug in so i am told. This will let me tune into a channel on the radio .....supposedly that will play all the songs i have on my ipod thru my existing system. If this is the wrong forum, please let me know thank you for anything because i haven't go anything this week to help me on this bob s

ps is my radio to old to do this with ...?a new radio is not on the table at this point if i can make this tuner idea work

Alrojoca is online now Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: i-pod shuffle question. deh 1500 pioneer

Those ipod models have very limited options, my guess is you will get much better sound if you use the headphone jack and plug it into an aux port, using a 1/8 to 1/8 stereo cable, assuming your Pioneer receiver has an aux port.

sjv13 is offline StayStrange

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Actually it appears his Pioneer does not have an AUX port. It has only a radio and CD player.

You're best (cheapest) option would be the FM tuner. An FM tuner has nothing to do with what deck you have. It will work with any radio. You typically plug the FM tuner into a 12v outlet (cigarette lighter) and then a cable goes from the FM tuner to your music player (iPod shuffle in this case). Next, with the FM tuner off, you find the radio station with the cleanest static. You want to be able to hear no music and dont want it to be choppy. Then you turn on/plug in the FM tuner and set it to that station. Then plug in you iPod with a cable to the FM tuner and play the music.

There are some FM tuners that will automatically find the station with the cleanest static, so just make sure to know how the one you buy operates.

If arent pleased with the results of the FM tuner you can buy a new deck that has a 3.5mm aux port (same size used for headphones) and buy a cheap 3.5mm male to male cable. That would give you cleaner sound. The next best thing after that would be connecting an iPod using a USB cable. But that the best sound quality comes from CDs.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY aguy was saying that all i needed was FM TUNER would work by transmitting the songs signals to the radio on a stationon the receiver......located by the tuner. but if i don't have that aux port front or back i'm just beating my head against the wall right. no aux port anywhere on the radio.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sjv13 View Post
    Actually it appears his Pioneer does not have an AUX port. It has only a radio and CD player.

You're best (cheapest) option would be the FM tuner. An FM tuner has nothing to do with what deck you have. It will work with any radio. You typically plug the FM tuner into a 12v outlet (cigarette lighter) and then a cable goes from the FM tuner to your music player (iPod shuffle in this case). Next, with the FM tuner off, you find the radio station with the cleanest static. You want to be able to hear no music and dont want it to be choppy. Then you turn on/plug in the FM tuner and set it to that station. Then plug in you iPod with a cable to the FM tuner and play the music.

There are some FM tuners that will automatically find the station with the cleanest static, so just make sure to know how the one you buy operates.

If arent pleased with the results of the FM tuner you can buy a new deck that has a 3.5mm aux port (same size used for headphones) and buy a cheap 3.5mm male to male cable. That would give you cleaner sound. The next best thing after that would be connecting an iPod using a USB cable. But that the best sound quality comes from CDs.
    When you say "deck" are you talking about the radio face[removeable] or the whole radio ,is this the deck?..................been away from stereos along time.this radio is in a 49 kustom merc.it hasn't been played in the kar more than 5 times in 10 years. makes it hard to toss out.

i was typing up a reply when your thread came along to this problem.I'll read this quote you sent closer and se if i can get the hang of it different from what i have been thinking about.Anew radio would be the best way to wouldn't it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bsa_bob View Post
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY aguy was saying that all i needed was FM TUNER would work by transmitting the songs signals to the radio on a stationon the receiver......located by the tuner. but if i don't have that aux port front or back i'm just beating my head against the wall right. no aux port anywhere on the radio.
    The FM transmitter does not need to plug in anywhere to the radio. Just to the iPod. It acts as a mini radio station broadcasting from your car.

EDIT: So technically, someone driving next to you could pick up the station you're broadcasting. But the range isnt that good.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

finding a Tuner is next to impossible...least ways to be used on a shuffle.i think it might be the cheapest i-pod you can buy bob s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

finding a Tuner is next to impossible...least ways to be used on a shuffle.i think it might be the cheapest i-pod you can buy bob s
    Yeah it is the cheapest one. If you really are going to be listening to music from an iPod in your car, I would recommend getting an iPod nano or iPod touch. That way you can actually select the songs you want. Then buy a head unit that has an AUX port or even better would be a USB port.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When you say "head unit" you are reffering to the removable face plate aren't you?Or do you mean the whole radio itself?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

When you say "head unit" you are reffering to the removable face plate aren't you?Or do you mean the whole radio itself?
    When I say head unit (aka deck, HU, reciever) I mean the whole radio including the part behind the faceplate. That faceplate will only work with that head unit.

If you havent already, you should check out crutchfield.com. You can select your car and they will tell you what things will fit (as far as head units and speakers). You can narrow down what head unit you would want. They also sell iPods too, I believe. They also have a way that you can chat with a crutchfield product advisor who can help answer your questions quickly and directly. Only downfall of crutchfield is that they sell everything at MSRP and you can almost always find it cheaper other place. But they are very well known for their customer service. Not to mention they send you all the stuff you need to install and pick it all out for you. I always buy head units from there for that reason, but I buy speakers etc at other places.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thank you very much svj13 you've made me aware of a lot more than i though i new .I appreciate your time replying to my thread bob s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

thank you very much svj13 you've made me aware of a lot more than i though i new .I appreciate your time replying to my thread bob s
    no problem. that's what forums are for. wouldnt be here if i didnt want to help. feel free to personal message me anytime too.

Closed Thread