Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: New truck. Audio questions and suggestions.

neo_styles is offline AKA Pop Twidget

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: New truck. Audio questions and suggestions.

Get the JBLs if you can give them at least rated RMS. They sound nice at unbridged power on my Eclipse 36501, but I can tell they want more. If you want something that's geared more towards SQ, go for the MS. If you want something a little more punchy and rock-friendly, I recommend the P660c. And that's if you want to stay JBL. Otherwise, PHD by all means...you can't go wrong either way.

Enjoy the truck's natural sound (the engine) for a bit. When you and your budget are ready to get started, have a blast.

Deck: JVC KD-A95BT
    Speakers: PHD FB mid, JBL MS tweets
    Amps: Boston Acoustics GT-2125, Zed Minotaur III (x2)
    Sub: 10" SSA ICON, IA Death Penalty 18" (coming soon)
    Starr Mountain Sound Nuthugger #2 (I'm a #2 lol)
    dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM VERTEX

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Get the JBLs if you can give them at least rated RMS. They sound nice at unbridged power on my Eclipse 36501, but I can tell they want more. If you want something that's geared more towards SQ, go for the MS. If you want something a little more punchy and rock-friendly, I recommend the P660c. And that's if you want to stay JBL. Otherwise, PHD by all means...you can't go wrong either way.

Enjoy the truck's natural sound (the engine) for a bit. When you and your budget are ready to get started, have a blast.

dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8

E-Rock is offline Bass of All Basses

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    what i just sold was 2 xfl 12's ported box behind the drivers side seat ,0 gauge wire and the big 3 ,pioneer double din dvd unit ,saz 1500, all the integration wires and the steering wheel pac unit as well.for a 2011 f 150 4 door.
    Oh sweet. I forget your in NorCal, I drive down from here to Bakersfield about once a year to visit family. Maybe on my next road trip I can stop by. Did you install the stuff or just sell it? Also interested in American Bass subs. I'm really looking into more SQ/SQL stuff. I don't need a system that will stop hearts and make children cry, just something louder than the sealed 10 that I had in my car.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think this is my first dbl post? haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by E-Rock View Post
    Oh sweet. I forget your in NorCal, I drive down from here to Bakersfield about once a year to visit family. Maybe on my next road trip I can stop by. Did you install the stuff or just sell it? Also interested in American Bass subs. I'm really looking into more SQ/SQL stuff. I don't need a system that will stop hearts and make children cry, just something louder than the sealed 10 that I had in my car.
    Mylows will be your sugardaddy, man. He's got all the good stuff *sniff*

dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

dbl post

dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1

mylows10 is offline Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)

i do installs every now and then ,this system is going to baton rouge so i wont be installing it .the ab subs are more spl than sq tho ,but in the right box they will sound very nice ,you also may consider doing a eq off of the stock deck ,its an easy and cheap way to add multiple amps and have some control at your finger tips.,i have the dimensions for a box for 2 xfl 12's that will fit perfect in your truck behind the drivers seat and you'll still have the 40 % of the rear seat left for passengers.hit me up when ready if you like .

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

mylows10 is offline Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)

i do installs every now and then ,this system is going to baton rouge so i wont be installing it .the ab subs are more spl than sq tho ,but in the right box they will sound very nice ,you also may consider doing a eq off of the stock deck ,its an easy and cheap way to add multiple amps and have some control at your finger tips.,i have the dimensions for a box for 2 xfl 12's that will fit perfect in your truck behind the drivers seat and you'll still have the 40 % of the rear seat left for passengers.hit me up when ready if you like .

ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neo_styles View Post

Oh I'm going to enjoy the engine sound. It still needs some breaking in and is still cooking off the preservant. Almost to the 100 mi mark.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

dbl poast GTFO

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    Will do. What brands do you sell? American Bass obviously.

Right now I'm just searching for a job to start making payments. Grandma was nice enough to co-sign and offer to pay for the whole thing, but as a co-owner I want to pay off some of it on my own. Kinda tough for a college kid, but once I get the job I can allocate some funds towards equipment since my other hobby is on hold for awhile. Even though I'm good on funds in the meantime.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)

nice i remember when we first bought our mustang in 06 had 3 miles on it

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Doubles on double on doubles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)

american bass , dc soundlabs,cdt,dls,audio technix,stinger ,mmats , b2,pioneer, kenwood ,alpine, jl audio,clarion,and tons more

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)

american bass , dc soundlabs,cdt,dls,audio technix,stinger ,mmats , b2,pioneer, kenwood ,alpine, jl audio,clarion,and tons more

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast