Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Reload Thread: Seriously? WTF for?

av83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Seriously? WTF for?

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorFade View Post
    I keep thinking I am going to try this to satify my own curiosity. I talk so much shit about PA drivers that I want to get some cheap ones and try to get them to sound good. No way I can do super tweeters though.

Maybe just some cheap, cheap mids.

I beg to differ.

Even untrained listeners could pick out small details from one driver to the next. Besides source unit/processing, drivers are the most important piece of the puzzle. Of course.... crap drivers in a good install would robably trump great ones in a crap install though.

Like Sundownz said, there is a very small, yet very expensive jump from say.... $600-700 comps to $2.5k comps. But a huge leap from $200 to $700. We could definitely hear the latter, but would struggle with the former. But SQ is much like SPL. Top guys can add another $2,000 amp for a few tenths of a gain.

I have about $1k (used) into my front stage. And I think it's pretty freaking awesome. I sat in a couple world championship SQ vehicles at finals and they were unbelievable. But they have probably $10k into their shit. Is the difference worth $9k? Not to me.
    I just went from entery level cdt's to what's in my sig, with an identical install. My ears have never heard a bona fide sq or sql setup, ever... and I would not call them well trained in regards to car audio, although I did play musical instruments for a decade and that does help. That being said, there was a HUGE difference in sound after the change up in equipment. Even my friends who have, and know, nothing about audio could tell a significant difference.

Pioneer 80prs
    Rockford Fosgate t800.4, CDT ES-MO 6 mids, Digital Designs T2 tweets
    2 MB Quart DSC1500.1's strapped on 1 Tantric HDD 12
    Mike Singer 310 amp 6 phase
    2 runs of Monster Cable 1/0

d77543020 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jockhater2 View Post
    bottled water is just purified tap water. so they are the same
    tell that to the idiots who buy it

jockhater2 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by d77543020 View Post
    tell that to the idiots who buy it
    lol exactly.

Head Unit Pioneer P99RS
    3 Runs of 1/0 OFC Power and 3 Runs of 1/0 OFC Ground
    1 XS Power D3400 & 2 XS Power XP3000 with Copper Bus Bars
    380 Amp & 320 Amp Iraggi Alternators(One is a chevy case, the other ford)
    RD 7500.1 running 2 12 inch SPLaudio (AA Mayhem motors/baskets)
    Tuned to 36 hertz. About 4.5 cubic feet, 8" Aeroport (made by dbeez)
    Zed Audio Leviathan III on Morel MDT-29, RS100-4 & RS225-8 Daytons
    Alex Jones www.infowars.com Endgame, Obama Deception, Truth Rising,
    Fluoride in the water, poison in vaccines, chemical trails in the skyglobal
    elite banks run our government towards a one world global government.

itsblown is offline why is there smoke?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

lol exactly.
    I can tell the difference man... lol I can seriously it really depends on where you live im guesing but most of the city or tap water you get has additives in it like fluoride and chlorine. Some bottled water companies use osmosis and distilation before putting it into the bottles to get it as close to pure h20 as possible. Some bottled water companies add stuff to their bottled water... look on the nutritional facts label... most of the companies that add stuff are the exspensive ones like smart water and figi. Whether someone can tell the difference in taste is debatable. 2 dollars for a bottle of water is a joke

d77543020 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by itsblown View Post
    I can tell the difference man... lol I can seriously it really depends on where you live im guesing but most of the city or tap water you get has additives in it like fluoride and chlorine. Some bottled water companies use osmosis and distilation before putting it into the bottles to get it as close to pure h20 as possible. Some bottled water companies add stuff to their bottled water... look on the nutritional facts label... most of the companies that add stuff are the exspensive ones like smart water and figi. Whether someone can tell the difference in taste is debatable. 2 dollars for a bottle of water is a joke
    every time i see a taste test on tv 9 times out of 10 these so called bottle water drinkers always pick the tap water in a blind taste test but it could depend on where you live

skylineTT is offline bass=sekz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SomeguyinPDX View Post
    What is that in the pass. seat of the blue Mustang? Part of the turbo/intercooler? Never seen an intake go all the way into the pass. cabin and back out, CRAZY!!! Looks very Dangerous, umm I mean looks very fun!

It is an intercooler basically. They route the post-charged air into the cabin where they pass air through an ice/water-box to cool it before routing into the intake elbow. It is theoretically a good idea but I haven't researched how much of a difference it makes when the cars are running for 8 seconds in the quarter.

DayUMM!!!!!!!!!!!
    What is the PSI at?
    How bad is the lag? Or did you over come that?
    Lol those cars don't lag man. And don't get me wrong. I have a turbo mustang but that one isn't mine. That is built for class racing and mine is more of a street racing car. I know all about that build and I will be doing similar things but that jewel isn't mine. I just said it was my type of car. Lol

As far as boost pressure, built small blocks like that only need around 17-20 psi to make 1400+hp so I would imagine somewhere around there, considering how much suspension work that car has done in order to hook. Those cars launch off of a 2step and trans-brake so they launch at full boost and since they are built auto's, they don't drop boost throughout the entire run. We call it freight training. lol

Refs: Dipitydoo, appollyon, bad95gt, revrider1, jwh1598, ampjunkielikeme, deathpenalty18, ssackett, snoopysnooper, corey0928, SPLAudio, Clifff150, CL1CKCLACK, ShawnT, West + more

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by d77543020 View Post
    every time i see a taste test on tv 9 times out of 10 these so called bottle water drinkers always pick the tap water in a blind taste test but it could depend on where you live
    @itsblown ;
    Here is a tv show that I watched that explains a lot about bottled water

Great Lakes Conspiracy Theory Jesse Ventura - YouTube

Head Unit Pioneer P99RS

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skylineTT View Post
    It is an intercooler basically. They route the post-charged air into the cabin where they pass air through an ice/water-box to cool it before routing into the intake elbow. It is theoretically a good idea but I haven't researched how much of a difference it makes when the cars are running for 8 seconds in the quarter.

Lol those cars don't lag man. And don't get me wrong. I have a turbo mustang but that one isn't mine. That is built for class racing and mine is more of a street racing car. I know all about that build and I will be doing similar things but that jewel isn't mine. I just said it was my type of car. Lol

As far as boost pressure, built small blocks like that only need around 17-20 psi to make 1400+hp so I would imagine somewhere around there, considering how much suspension work that car has done in order to hook. Those cars launch off of a 2step and trans-brake so they launch at full boost and since they are built auto's, they don't drop boost throughout the entire run. We call it freight training. lol
    wait. That mustang has a lot of suspension work? Does that mean you guys ditched the absolutely shitty live rear axle design that makes a car turn like a train

Head Unit Pioneer P99RS

SomeguyinPDX is offline GunHappy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Since some people are routing the (post-charged) air "under lots of pressure" into the pass. cabin to run through a box of ice right next to the driver, it's only a matter of time before some num'nut over boosts the shit out of it and has a catostrophic failure inside the car(probably at 150mph). I love it! Hope the have a bunch of gopro's strapped to that bitch.

2007 Volkswagen Fahrenheit GTI #470 of 1200 - Stock System w/big 3 and Yellow top optima. Slowly getting ready to start the system build

SOLD or Purchased from: CD6551, ace_800, underfire , Cyclone9, mclsound, mylows10, BigSix.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

wait. That mustang has a lot of suspension work? Does that mean you guys ditched the absolutely shitty live rear axle design that makes a car turn like a train
    These drag cars definitely use spools so they hardly turn at all. Takes a lot of suspension work to get a 2500lb 1700hp car to hook on a 275 drag radial though.The newer cars use IRS though so they can handle better.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeguyinPDX View Post
    Since some people are routing the (post-charged) air "under lots of pressure" into the pass. cabin to run through a box of ice right next to the driver, it's only a matter of time before some num'nut over boosts the shit out of it and has a catostrophic failure inside the car(probably at 150mph). I love it! Hope the have a bunch of gopro's strapped to that bitch.
    Always Go Pro'd up!!

Refs: Dipitydoo, appollyon, bad95gt, revrider1, jwh1598, ampjunkielikeme, deathpenalty18, ssackett, snoopysnooper, corey0928, SPLAudio, Clifff150, CL1CKCLACK, ShawnT, West + more

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

These drag cars definitely use spools so they hardly turn at all. Takes a lot of suspension work to get a 2500lb 1700hp car to hook on a 275 drag radial though.The newer cars use IRS though so they can handle better.

Always Go Pro'd up!!
    If it is a drag car then it doesn't matter. You need to ditch the live rear axle on yours. It is such a retarded design

Head Unit Pioneer P99RS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

If it is a drag car then it doesn't matter. You need to ditch the live rear axle on yours. It is such a retarded design
    It would be a ridiculous waste of money to convert my unibodied solid axle car to independent suspension when it has no hope of handling. Lol these cars are mainly only used for drag racing and that is all I really intend to do with it. :P I'll buy a porsche when I feel like playing with the twisties.

Sub Bass Woofrz is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

wait and thats only for one door? so if you want to do both its like 6k.... dame

thegreatestpenn is offline lazy genius

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

back to OP:
    there's a HUGE difference, but the best way to relate is by basshead logic

now if you wanna be a world champion bass competitor u don't get 2 kicker cvrs as drivers for an extreme class do you? of course not. you get the baddest, strongest subs you can find, as many as can fit your application. Lets say 4 15s, each costs ~$500. That's 2k to accomplish the sonic pressure u desire to get the highest possible spl you can muster (of course you would pair them with ****** amps, bigtime electrical etc).

same deal here. these are audiophile components made to produce the most accurate reproduction of music possible. These are most likely hand made and hand tested before approved for sale. You buy these kind of components to win world sq championships (which is way more competitive and expensive than spl). you pair these with amps that cost just as much if not more than these components, top notch HU and processors, deadening, custom pods, etc. This isn't for the average joe (like you) this is for the person making a true CONCERT CAR.

IF you've never heard a high level sq car you would never understand

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/401249-thegreatestpenn-feedback-thread.html
    2k2 honda civic
    summer build
    audison sr4 on focal polyglass 165vb components active
    soundstream rubi1.2500d on dc lvl4 xl 18
    pioneer deh-80prs

SPLaudio is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)

same people that buy these buy silver rca's and speaker wire....

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast