Closed Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Reload Thread: 2 12s vs 4 12s???

  1. #1
    crownvicboy00's Avatar
    crownvicboy00 is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Elberton, GA
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    2 12s vs 4 12s???

    I'm new on here, and I'm loving the site, but I have a problem and was wondering if you guys could help me out, I have decided to upgrade my system, currently I have 2 db drive k5s in a 4.5 cubic ft enclosure powered by a 2400rms db drive amp, they are rated at 750rms each but I'm pushing them close to 900rms each,they are loud and sound good, the one con if any is that they dont hit the low bass good like my friends hcca orions. I hit a 141.5 with this setup in a 2000 crown victoria, with has a huge trunk. My question is should I get two more of the k5 12s and another 2400 amp and have 4 12s in a 8.5 cubic ft box, each sub would have a little more than 2 cubic ft, or get 2 12" American bass HD 12s on two of the same db drive amps. The AB HDs are rated at 1500rms each but people tell me they will take 2000rms each easily, I would have them in a 9 cubic ft enclosure. I already have an upgraded altenator, extra battery, and 0ga wiring. I'm looking for which setup would be the loudest, best sounding, and produce the most sound pressure, to compete with my buddy's orions without copying him. I'm around $700-$800 budget range on the subs, but I got a guy who can get me 2 AB HD 12s for $600 I would like to hear your opinions and thoughts.







  2. #2
    ThatChevyGuy's Avatar
    ThatChevyGuy is offline NOLA Sludge



    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    12,379
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    953 Post(s)

    Re: 2 12s vs 4 12s???

    It depends on your box tuning, whats it tuned at? 30-33 for the low lows man. Also 9 cubes for 2 12's is OVERKILL and would probably damage the suspension



    REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05fronty View Post
    bitch you better swallow and not make a mess

  3. #3
    crownvicboy00's Avatar
    crownvicboy00 is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Elberton, GA
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: 2 12s vs 4 12s???

    The 4 12 box would be tuned at 38hz, and the 2 12 box would be at 32hz. Yea that's alotta airspace, but for my experience with crown vics, boxes made for the trunk specs sound better and gets louder than ones made for to the subwoofer's specs. And I already upgraded my suspension because I had an 8 cubic ft box in there before.




  4. #4
    NASTY08IMPALA's Avatar
    NASTY08IMPALA is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY
    Posts
    5,447
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2264 Post(s)

    Re: 2 12s vs 4 12s???

    Quote Originally Posted by crownvicboy00 View Post
    I'm new on here, and I'm loving the site, but I have a problem and was wondering if you guys could help me out, I have decided to upgrade my system, currently I have 2 db drive k5s in a 4.5 cubic ft enclosure powered by a 2400rms db drive amp, they are rated at 750rms each but I'm pushing them close to 900rms each,they are loud and sound good, the one con if any is that they dont hit the low bass good like my friends hcca orions. I hit a 141.5 with this setup in a 2000 crown victoria, with has a huge trunk. My question is should I get two more of the k5 12s and another 2400 amp and have 4 12s in a 8.5 cubic ft box, each sub would have a little more than 2 cubic ft, or get 2 12" American bass HD 12s on two of the same db drive amps. The AB HDs are rated at 1500rms each but people tell me they will take 2000rms each easily, I would have them in a 9 cubic ft enclosure. I already have an upgraded altenator, extra battery, and 0ga wiring. I'm looking for which setup would be the loudest, best sounding, and produce the most sound pressure, to compete with my buddy's orions without copying him. I'm around $700-$800 budget range on the subs, but I got a guy who can get me 2 AB HD 12s for $600 I would like to hear your opinions and thoughts.
    i got 2 dd3512.s for sale 440 shipped if u pay paypal fees ..they will take 2000 all day..i had them hooked up to a aq3500.1




  5. #5
    ThatChevyGuy's Avatar
    ThatChevyGuy is offline NOLA Sludge



    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    12,379
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    953 Post(s)

    Re: 2 12s vs 4 12s???

    Quote Originally Posted by crownvicboy00 View Post
    The 4 12 box would be tuned at 38hz, and the 2 12 box would be at 32hz. Yea that's alotta airspace, but for my experience with crown vics, boxes made for the trunk specs sound better and gets louder than ones made for to the subwoofer's specs. And I already upgraded my suspension because I had an 8 cubic ft box in there before.
    No no, the suspension of the subs, ya know the spiders. I would not recommend 9 cubes for 2 12s



    REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05fronty View Post
    bitch you better swallow and not make a mess

  6. Likes Loudmp5 liked this post
  7. #6
    NASTY08IMPALA's Avatar
    NASTY08IMPALA is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY
    Posts
    5,447
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2264 Post(s)

    Re: 2 12s vs 4 12s???

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatChevyGuy View Post
    No no, the suspension of the subs, ya know the spiders. I would not recommend 9 cubes for 2 12s
    I had the dd.s in 5 cubes with 76" of port and it moves a ton of air in my impala. @crownvicboy00 ; i got a video of these subs in action if u wana check em out




  8. #7
    NASTY08IMPALA's Avatar
    NASTY08IMPALA is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY
    Posts
    5,447
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2264 Post(s)

    Re: 2 12s vs 4 12s???

    nasty08impala first vid
    gets down pretty good at the end..tuned @32




  9. #8
    crownvicboy00's Avatar
    crownvicboy00 is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Elberton, GA
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: 2 12s vs 4 12s???

    The box is from my buddies orions so I can get a good deal on it, but I was thinkin the 4 db drives would be louder.




  10. #9
    crownvicboy00's Avatar
    crownvicboy00 is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Elberton, GA
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: 2 12s vs 4 12s???

    Ok I will check them out when I get home, I'm at work now.




  11. #10
    NASTY08IMPALA's Avatar
    NASTY08IMPALA is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY
    Posts
    5,447
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2264 Post(s)

    Re: 2 12s vs 4 12s???

    Each sub likes different size port tuning..etc .sometimes u cant just slap a sub in any box ...but when i had a custom box built for the dd.s i was impressed




  12. #11
    crownvicboy00's Avatar
    crownvicboy00 is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Elberton, GA
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: 2 12s vs 4 12s???

    Yea that's true, but I had a box custom built to my db specs and they sound a lot better and louder in the box I have now that has about 1.5 more cubic ft of airspace than they recommend. But I have only heard Gud things about dd subs.




  13. #12
    NASTY08IMPALA's Avatar
    NASTY08IMPALA is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY
    Posts
    5,447
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2264 Post(s)

    Re: 2 12s vs 4 12s???

    Quote Originally Posted by crownvicboy00 View Post
    Yea that's true, but I had a box custom built to my db specs and they sound a lot better and louder in the box I have now that has about 1.5 more cubic ft of airspace than they recommend. But I have only heard Gud things about dd subs.
    Yea i like them alot i jus did a all aq build so i replaced them with hdc4.s theres a for sale thread with pics of them on here ..lemme know if ur interessted later




Closed Thread

Similar Threads

  1. RE MT 12 vs 12's
    By KidThump in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-10-2010, 04:51 PM
  2. sub comparison pics (assassin 12 vs. ?? 12)
    By xluben in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-23-2006, 11:21 PM
  3. Alpine Type-R 12" vs. JL 12w3
    By ctaylor821 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-22-2002, 07:02 AM
  4. 10 vs 12 inch subs ?
    By alvin in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-26-2002, 06:05 PM
  5. 10 Vs. 12
    By ArcaneParadise in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-04-2002, 02:29 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum