Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 91

Reload Thread: what's up with sonic electronix?

  1. #76
    itsblown's Avatar
    itsblown is offline why is there smoke?



    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toledo OH
    Posts
    1,147
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

    Re: what's up with sonic electronix?

    I think car audio shops are going to have to focus on making all of their money on installs because there really is no way to compete. My only complaint with sonic electronics is when my brother ordered a roll of carpet for his box and 2 speaker terminals. The box was probably 5 ft high with the carpet inside of it stuffed with packing peanuts and at the very bottom of it were the speaker terminals lol







  2. #77
    Jason Eden's Avatar
    Jason Eden is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    apple valley ca.
    Posts
    184
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: what's up with sonic electronix?

    Ya i like like to save money " im a cheap *** " but that being said i was dealing with a local rockford dealer and i was going to buy some amps .

    he gave me these prices " as i can remember "

    1. was 479.00 i found for 409.99

    2. was 299.00 i found for 209.99

    I asked if he could help me out a bit " well he got all mad and freaked out a bit on me " if he would have said let me see ehat i can do do and said loke 450.00 and 250,00 i would have payed a bit more to support him . I guess he didnt want my business . we had other problems getting along " i like to have input in what i want to do " he likes you to just hand over money and let him do what he wants . I guess we will just say hi to each other and not do business together. I did try.
    \
    I dont mind paying a bit more if the guy or shop is cool to me but treat me bad and want me to pay full price " i dont think so "



    bought sax 100.4 from Ny_Vibe on caco and 2 sa 8 from topdawg on caco " well tried to but he is a d bag " bought saz 1500 from Black Truck 10 on caraudio.com , im type34me on ebay and if you need more info hit me up thanks

  3. #78
    mclerico83's Avatar
    mclerico83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    tampa
    Posts
    6,795
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

    Re: what's up with sonic electronix?

    Quote Originally Posted by neo_styles View Post
    As does mine, but it's a valid point. Btw, your Eclipse makes me all smiles ATM. Waiting on some RCA splitters to bridge the comps. How's the iPod treating you?
    Im glad your enjoying it, again quality built amps from back in the day over the new stuff anyday lol. Quality. Ipod i sold the day after i received it lol 200 bucks or something like that




  4. #79
    murph's Avatar
    murph is offline Low for Life



    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Richmond,VA
    Posts
    3,950
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

    Re: what's up with sonic electronix?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Eden View Post
    Ya i like like to save money " im a cheap *** " but that being said i was dealing with a local rockford dealer and i was going to buy some amps .

    he gave me these prices " as i can remember "

    1. was 479.00 i found for 409.99

    2. was 299.00 i found for 209.99

    I asked if he could help me out a bit " well he got all mad and freaked out a bit on me " if he would have said let me see ehat i can do do and said loke 450.00 and 250,00 i would have payed a bit more to support him . I guess he didnt want my business . we had other problems getting along " i like to have input in what i want to do " he likes you to just hand over money and let him do what he wants . I guess we will just say hi to each other and not do business together. I did try.
    \
    I dont mind paying a bit more if the guy or shop is cool to me but treat me bad and want me to pay full price " i dont think so "
    Every shop has at least one asswipe that thinks he know everything and will treat you like you're nothing. I will pay an extra 20-30% on costs if I wanted an amp or subwoofer they carry. When an amp or sub blows literally all you do is hand them it and they either give you a new one or will ship it out for you.



    Hu: kenwood kdc-x995
    Sub: Boston acoustics G5 12 in a quasi 6th order
    Amp: Phoenix gold zx600.2 ti
    Front Speakers: Eclipse sc6500
    HIT UP FOR BASS ---> http://www.youtube.com/user/BassWithMurph?feature=mhee

  5. #80
    neo_styles's Avatar
    neo_styles is offline AKA Pop Twidget



    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,582
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Re: what's up with sonic electronix?

    Quote Originally Posted by murph View Post
    Every shop has at least one asswipe that thinks he know everything and will treat you like you're nothing.
    ^^^This. Tried helping a friend out with his install but went to a local shop anyway. Even gave him a guide to tuning that has worked out extremely well for me. Guy set him up with all new Rockford stuff and tuned to to the point where I thought my ears were going to bleed with how jacked up the treble was. He even tried to have the guy use my guide and he just scoffed with his "years of experience and numerous trophies."

    ---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by mclerico83 View Post
    Im glad your enjoying it, again quality built amps from back in the day over the new stuff anyday lol. Quality. Ipod i sold the day after i received it lol 200 bucks or something like that
    See? Knew you could get at least 200 out of that thing lol. And yes, that Eclipse has made me a convert.



    Deck: JVC KD-A95BT
    Speakers: PHD FB mid, JBL MS tweets
    Amps: Boston Acoustics GT-2125, Zed Minotaur III (x2)
    Sub: 10" SSA ICON, IA Death Penalty 18" (coming soon)
    Starr Mountain Sound Nuthugger #2 (I'm a #2 lol)
    dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM VERTEX

  6. #81
    Beatin''s Avatar
    Beatin' is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: what's up with sonic electronix?

    Quote Originally Posted by DARKHART View Post
    Denim hit it dead on the head with this, how many of these cheap amps that are out there now will still be running 15 or more years from now?
    I'm sure they'll be running for a long time. Just because it's cheap doesn't mean it's of low quality. Engineers are always looking at ways to cut costs without cutting quality. Though some engineers cut both, that's NOT typically the case.




  7. #82
    husker77's Avatar
    husker77 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Re: what's up with sonic electronix?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beatin' View Post
    I'm sure they'll be running for a long time. Just because it's cheap doesn't mean it's of low quality. Engineers are always looking at ways to cut costs without cutting quality.
    You actually believe that?




  8. #83
    d77543020's Avatar
    d77543020 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    stockton ca
    Posts
    2,497
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Re: what's up with sonic electronix?

    you also have to remember that alot of these components are cheaper and more efficient so the can pass that low cost down to the customer




  9. #84
    DARKHART's Avatar
    DARKHART is offline One Hitter Quitter



    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    LITTLE ROCK, AR
    Posts
    2,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: what's up with sonic electronix?

    Quote Originally Posted by d77543020 View Post
    you also have to remember that alot of these components are cheaper and more efficient so the can pass that low cost down to the customer
    Keeping drinking the kook-aid ok....if you believe that I got a bridge for sales too...



    Just when they though it couldn't get any worse, in came the Lord of Kaos, the Darkhart has arisen from his century long slumber..
    ____________
    refs:
    Type-S Texan ............Xtremebass5
    NE14MX ........Grinder1989
    NJack2AF
    .............Jameseypoo
    Randyrsx ..........Bagdntagd
    M3Transporter......Teggybwoy
    RJ Sclafani...........Zeuslicious
    Saltyreefguy........Qkassidyw
    Qtrhorse..............Nismos14
    Pistonsfan70........4nine
    SlainNothing.........Orangelss
    M3@Apex............Louisiana_CRX
    SW9152..............DukeNut

  10. #85
    T.I.K.'s Avatar
    T.I.K. is offline F*ck it, we'll do it live



    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Age
    21
    Posts
    4,151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: what's up with sonic electronix?

    Quote Originally Posted by d77543020 View Post
    you also have to remember that alot of these components are cheaper and more efficient so the can pass that low cost down to the customer
    this is exactly right, the reason older amps are built so beefy is because that was the technology of the time. They couldn't build them flimsy because they wouldn't make power, but with all the digital circuitry that became popular recently, it's much easier to make the same power for less cost. For example, notice how big OS amps never really exceeded 2000w and their foot print was huge. Now amps like the DC 2.0K can make a clean 2000w with the footprint of a small 4ch amp. Keep in mind there are plenty of amps made today that are underrated and stable down to sub 1 ohm loads. Also keep in mind that all of these OS amps that every one loves were just as expensive new as amps these days are. Granted you get more power for your money, but that just goes back to the first part of this post.

    It's not fair to say that all OS products better, do you really think every audio company in the game back in the 90's was making top notch amps? I'm sure there's a Boss audio for every decade.



    Get taken down to funky town on MobileAudioForum.com.

  11. #86
    T.I.K.'s Avatar
    T.I.K. is offline F*ck it, we'll do it live



    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Age
    21
    Posts
    4,151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: what's up with sonic electronix?

    Quote Originally Posted by DARKHART View Post
    Keeping drinking the kook-aid ok....if you believe that I got a bridge for sales too...
    Do you really think that's not true? More advanced circuitry and cheaper labor make that possible. I'm not saying MaxxSonics amps are the best amps, but I am saying for the most part their amps do what they say they do, or close to it. They also do it for about half the cost of similar amps made by better companies. Please note, I'm not defending them, just stating the truth. I would much rather run SA/IA/DC/AQ amps over Maxxsonics, but most people would rather pinch a penny.



    Get taken down to funky town on MobileAudioForum.com.

  12. #87
    d77543020's Avatar
    d77543020 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    stockton ca
    Posts
    2,497
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Re: what's up with sonic electronix?

    think about how much the first hd tvs were now look how much they cost




  13. #88
    DARKHART's Avatar
    DARKHART is offline One Hitter Quitter



    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    LITTLE ROCK, AR
    Posts
    2,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: what's up with sonic electronix?

    Quote Originally Posted by T.I.K. View Post
    I would much rather run SA/IA/DC/AQ amps over Maxxsonics, but most people would rather pinch a penny.
    You just made my point right here, you would rather run these because they are built better, with better parts and reliability than the Maxxsonics. They also cost more than the Maxxsonics as well. I'm not saying that every amp made today is inferior to the old stuff, that would just be stupid if for no other reason than tech advances over the years. Just as back then and now there are companies that cut corners and hype numbers to sway those that don't know....crap in, crap out.



    Just when they though it couldn't get any worse, in came the Lord of Kaos, the Darkhart has arisen from his century long slumber..
    ____________
    refs:
    Type-S Texan ............Xtremebass5
    NE14MX ........Grinder1989
    NJack2AF
    .............Jameseypoo
    Randyrsx ..........Bagdntagd
    M3Transporter......Teggybwoy
    RJ Sclafani...........Zeuslicious
    Saltyreefguy........Qkassidyw
    Qtrhorse..............Nismos14
    Pistonsfan70........4nine
    SlainNothing.........Orangelss
    M3@Apex............Louisiana_CRX
    SW9152..............DukeNut

  14. #89
    T.I.K.'s Avatar
    T.I.K. is offline F*ck it, we'll do it live



    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Age
    21
    Posts
    4,151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: what's up with sonic electronix?

    Quote Originally Posted by DARKHART View Post
    You just made my point right here, you would rather run these because they are built better, with better parts and reliability than the Maxxsonics. They also cost more than the Maxxsonics as well. I'm not saying that every amp made today is inferior to the old stuff, that would just be stupid if for no other reason than tech advances over the years. Just as back then and now there are companies that cut corners and hype numbers to sway those that don't know....crap in, crap out.
    It's also important to note that a lot of people go with these amps because companies like the ones previously listed aren't popular, BECAUSE people can buy maxxsonics for so cheap, and they think they're getting the same product.

    Alot of the problems with this industry is ignorance on the part of the consumers.



    Get taken down to funky town on MobileAudioForum.com.

  15. #90
    DARKHART's Avatar
    DARKHART is offline One Hitter Quitter



    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    LITTLE ROCK, AR
    Posts
    2,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: what's up with sonic electronix?

    Quote Originally Posted by T.I.K. View Post
    It's also important to note that a lot of people go with these amps because companies like the ones previously listed aren't popular, BECAUSE people can buy maxxsonics for so cheap, and they think they're getting the same product.

    Alot of the problems with this industry is ignorance on the part of the consumers.
    I agree 100%



    Just when they though it couldn't get any worse, in came the Lord of Kaos, the Darkhart has arisen from his century long slumber..
    ____________
    refs:
    Type-S Texan ............Xtremebass5
    NE14MX ........Grinder1989
    NJack2AF
    .............Jameseypoo
    Randyrsx ..........Bagdntagd
    M3Transporter......Teggybwoy
    RJ Sclafani...........Zeuslicious
    Saltyreefguy........Qkassidyw
    Qtrhorse..............Nismos14
    Pistonsfan70........4nine
    SlainNothing.........Orangelss
    M3@Apex............Louisiana_CRX
    SW9152..............DukeNut

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What's up with Avionixx
    By DARKHART in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-12-2004, 09:52 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-25-2003, 12:53 AM
  3. What's up with this?
    By SunKicker in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 04:36 PM
  4. What Is Up With This
    By bud in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2002, 01:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum