Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Reload Thread: what's up with sonic electronix?

neo_styles is offline AKA Pop Twidget

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: what's up with sonic electronix?

Quote Originally Posted by husker77 View Post
    I wish I would have gone into the military. The navy wanted me to me a nuclear engineer.
    Lol same here. But with me, they got what they wanted. Been a Nuke ET ever since...

Deck: JVC KD-A95BT
    Speakers: PHD FB mid, JBL MS tweets
    Amps: Boston Acoustics GT-2125, Zed Minotaur III (x2)
    Sub: 10" SSA ICON, IA Death Penalty 18" (coming soon)
    Starr Mountain Sound Nuthugger #2 (I'm a #2 lol)
    dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM VERTEX

d77543020 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

these companies dont care and thats the sad thing they need to protect there dealers there are a few that do a ok job like jl and rockford, no matter were you go there amps are still rather expensive so you might pay a little extra and buy from a dealer but re and hifonics for example there product is so whored out on ebay and online stores they are almost half of retail cost

NuckinFutz is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trumpet View Post
    I've heard good things about the people of the company but the crazy low prices are harming the industry. I was talking about this with a rep yesterday and the comment was made that prices can't possibly go any lower without quality becoming even further compromised. New products come out for sale online with barely any profit margin in the markup. Go with what the consumers demand, right?
    Quality should never be compromised, if the manufacturer goes cheaper, shops like sonicelectronix will go cheaper.

4. Likes denim liked this post
    denim is offline SSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DLP_Customs View Post
    Online retailers have ruined the retail of car audio. I just cant seem to gauge why they would offer such low prices in the first place. I mean if they would have offered a number 20-50 dollars less then what the retail shops charge could you dream of what they would netting at the end of the year compared to what they are now? Just wont make sense to me anyway anyone explains it to me.
    Blanket statement that is not uniformly true. There are plenty of authorized online dealers that are selling/advertising at MAP pricing, which the brick and mortar dealers are supposed to be selling at also. Those ethical on line dealers, are not hurting the value of the product and are still able to give great customer service. Look at Crutchfield.

It is the wholesalers selling way below, and the shady/slimy/uneducated brick and mortar dealers pushing way too high that are causing the damage.

CarAudio.com mod(original)

6. Likes pro-rabbit liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DLP_Customs View Post
    Cheaper isnt the problem. Its the blackmarket price they are offering.
    Actually, the American demand for cheaper is the problem. The mass majority of Americans only see initial price, and that is it. So with the increased buying power coming at a younger and younger age, where experience and education is far less, that is a massive factor in driving cheaper and cheaper products where quality control, durability and sonic performance get nearly thrown out the window.

8. Likes husker77, neo_styles, pro-rabbit liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denim View Post
    Actually, the American demand for cheaper is the problem. The mass majority of Americans only see initial price, and that is it. So with the increased buying power coming at a younger and younger age, where experience and education is far less, that is a massive factor in driving cheaper and cheaper products where quality control, durability and sonic performance get nearly thrown out the window.
    I've been saying this for a while. We want more for the same cost or less, but something's gotta give.

dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8

10. Likes husker77 liked this post
    pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Aaron is correct here. The industry has been pushed to these online shops selling old stock at blow out style pricing.

The issue as Aaron pointed out is that the American public no longer cares about the product they purchase. They just want that low price, quality at this point is not even considered. This is a part of all industries and not limited to mobile electronics.

That was the lingering story around CES. While some claim other wise, they are only fooling their own perception and no else's.(Going back to mobile electronics) Why do you think 99% of all companies have the same product? I mean the exact same regardless of what they or others attempt to claim. It makes me wonder how this country could survive if we actually made anything of value here in the states(not by automated robots).

12. Thanks denim thanked for this post
    Likes neo_styles, husker77, denim liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neo_styles View Post
    I've been saying this for a while. We want more for the same cost or less, but something's gotta give.
    Haha, you mean you want 2500 watt amp for 1/16th price per watt.

14. Likes neo_styles, pro-rabbit, husker77 liked this post
    murph is offline Low for Life

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Shops will sell to repeat customers for a deal. I'm not saying amazing prices but, you save 15-20%.

Hu: kenwood kdc-x995
    Sub: Boston acoustics G5 12 in a quasi 6th order
    Amp: Phoenix gold zx600.2 ti
    Front Speakers: Eclipse sc6500
    HIT UP FOR BASS ---> http://www.youtube.com/user/BassWithMurph?feature=mhee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Haha, you mean you want 2500 watt amp for 1/16th price per watt.
    What's wrong with 5 cents a watt, really?

Seriously, though, I think that's what drives the market these days. You still see a few cases where people can put out a bang-up piece of equipment on the cheap, but it's in isolated cases (i.e. PPI Phantom). People just don't want to or can't spend like they used to but want the same stuff. Kinda why I feel like the second and third-hand markets are booming right now. People will get something thinking it's the be-all and end-all, but come up disappointed when it doesn't live up to the OS expectations. You don't see cheater amps any more because there's no need. It's sad, really.

dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1

17. Likes denim liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    Aaron is correct here. The industry has been pushed to these online shops selling old stock at blow out style pricing.

The issue as Aaron pointed out is that the American public no longer cares about the product they purchase. They just want that low price, quality at this point is not even considered. This is a part of all industries and not limited to mobile electronics.

That was the lingering story around CES. While some claim other wise, they are only fooling their own perception and no else's.(Going back to mobile electronics) Why do you think 99% of all companies have the same product? I mean the exact same regardless of what they or others attempt to claim. It makes me wonder how this country could survive if we actually made anything of value here in the states(not by automated robots).
    But why hire a factory full of competent workers when you can build an assembly line of machines for the same amount and never have to worry about workman's comp, retirement, pensions, and all that stuff? I thought we liked complaining about high unemployment in this country; if we properly take care of that issue, what will we have left to complain about?

dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1

mclerico83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

kind of crazy when it think about it, when i first started with car audio the dollar a watt idea was in full effect. I remember being happy that i could buy a 1200 watt cadence a7hc for 899 lol. What a deal. Plus it was easier to police online stores because they are not as ramped as they are now. But my wallet likes it .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclerico83 View Post
    kind of crazy when it think about it, when i first started with car audio the dollar a watt idea was in full effect. I remember being happy that i could buy a 1200 watt cadence a7hc for 899 lol. What a deal. Plus it was easier to police online stores because they are not as ramped as they are now. But my wallet likes it .
    As does mine, but it's a valid point. Btw, your Eclipse makes me all smiles ATM. Waiting on some RCA splitters to bridge the comps. How's the iPod treating you?

dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neo_styles View Post
    What's wrong with 5 cents a watt, really?

Seriously, though, I think that's what drives the market these days. You still see a few cases where people can put out a bang-up piece of equipment on the cheap, but it's in isolated cases (i.e. PPI Phantom). People just don't want to or can't spend like they used to but want the same stuff. Kinda why I feel like the second and third-hand markets are booming right now. People will get something thinking it's the be-all and end-all, but come up disappointed when it doesn't live up to the OS expectations. You don't see cheater amps any more because there's no need. It's sad, really.
    Think about the life span and turn over rate, of some classic amplifiers for example that were $0.50+ a watt. There are HiFonics amplifiers doing magic smoke tricks with in months, and ZED amplifiers from the early 90's still marching along flawlessly. Yes, much of that has to do with the average users of said example amplifiers, but it's the same thinking as many auto manufacturers, in that the car has to be reliable enough to make it off the lot. After that it's all gravy.

22. Likes itsblown liked this post
    DARKHART is offline One Hitter Quitter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Think about the life span and turn over rate, of some classic amplifiers for example that were $0.50+ a watt. There are HiFonics amplifiers doing magic smoke tricks with in months, and ZED amplifiers from the early 90's still marching along flawlessly. Yes, much of that has to do with the average users of said example amplifiers, but it's the same thinking as many auto manufacturers, in that the car has to be reliable enough to make it off the lot. After that it's all gravy.
    Denim hit it dead on the head with this, how many of these cheap amps that are out there now will still be running 15 or more years from now?

Just when they though it couldn't get any worse, in came the Lord of Kaos, the Darkhart has arisen from his century long slumber..
    NJack2AF
    .............Jameseypoo
    Randyrsx ..........Bagdntagd
    M3Transporter......Teggybwoy
    RJ Sclafani...........Zeuslicious
    Saltyreefguy........Qkassidyw
    Qtrhorse..............Nismos14
    Pistonsfan70........4nine
    SlainNothing.........Orangelss
    M3@Apex............Louisiana_CRX
    SW9152..............DukeNut

Closed Thread