Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Reload Thread: what's up with sonic electronix?

bhsdriller is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Re: what's up with sonic electronix?

too legit, too legit to quit

And you can pick up from their warehouse to save on the shipping...if you're local of course

Team Flex Issues
    4 18" Mayhems
    2 bc5500's

Bought from: ameduce(x2), Hatchet_Warrior, jeeper07,DB_DRAG_SPL,ssackett, lyttleviet,MillzThaYungin, blackbonnie, ryan1126, Goindef154(x2), Lonnie, dave_damage

Sold to: Ilovebass, nismos14, chednompton, teen, jonesy

denim is offline SSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    this right here .what some of you guys dont realize is that some online places sell old stock and some even sell refurbs as used [kevin].but most online dealers are not authorized by the manufacture to sell their products ,they just buy them from a distributer and get it in bulk then resell it for a buck or two over cost plus shipping .just have to be careful when buying on line car audio.
    They could care less. Only care about cheapest possible, totally over looking quality, design, where the money is going, long term durability, quality control, etc. etc. Don't get me going.

CarAudio.com mod(original)

3. Likes husker77 liked this post
    neo_styles is offline AKA Pop Twidget

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I'm local lol, but I'd still rather buy from here. Problem is SE is a much bigger company now than they used to be. One of my applicants does a lot of pickups for them when stuff comes in from shipping and they're a bit overwhelmed to say the least.

They can sell cheap the same way Costco does. It sucks, yes, but it's partly on the fact they have bigger wallets and can buy in large quantites. The distributors want to work with them because it's a guaranteed check, but it does harm the smaller guys who don't have the cash to dole out.

Both Jim and Denim covered it pretty well with the Authorized comment, too. Sonic has huge stock, but they're not authorized vendors of everything they sell. I know they can honor JBL and NVX as well as a few other brands, but JL, DLS (used to stock), and other high-end companies won't, so if the stuff breaks and you're outside of the SE warranty period, you're effed. Not to mention you have to deal with their customer support network and, while the guys know their stuff fairly well (at least the few I've face-to-faced with), their knowledge is limited to their training. When you talk to one of the vendors here, you know they pick their stock based on what they know and like. Mylows isn't going to carry bum equipment, Vertex isn't, and trumpet definitely won't. Have you seen his site lately? Has a whole blog dedicated to maximizing the benefit of new equipment. That's CS that the online BB retailers (SE included) don't have the staff on hand to handle.

Keep in mind I'm not trash-talking SE. They worked hard to get where they are with their huge online stock and two shipping centers. That being said, I'd still rather go with one of the vendors here because the transaction is truly one-on-one like it used to be.

*stands off soapbox*

Deck: JVC KD-A95BT
    Speakers: PHD FB mid, JBL MS tweets
    Amps: Boston Acoustics GT-2125, Zed Minotaur III (x2)
    Sub: 10" SSA ICON, IA Death Penalty 18" (coming soon)
    Starr Mountain Sound Nuthugger #2 (I'm a #2 lol)
    dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM VERTEX

5. Likes denim liked this post
    blazeplacid is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sonic is a great choice for people like me

I live a good hour from dallas/fort worth.

The few shops that are good are even further ...more like an hour and a half.
    You're talking 3 hours round trip for some decent RCA cables or a basic sub.

or I can order online and use that same 3 hour drive time to install the stuff I bought.

edit: 4 hours.
    you can just go to a shop and buy something with out looking around.

CDT ES comp
    Eclipse EA4200 amp on highs
    TC Sounds LMS-r 12"
    nine.1

mylows10 is online now Cali DC PHD & Tantric rep

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denim View Post
    They could care less. Only care about cheapest possible, totally over looking quality, design, where the money is going, long term durability, quality control, etc. etc. Don't get me going.
    no i agree with you ,here denim, some guys wanna buy from places like online car stereo and such ,but want advice from guys like you and myself on what to buy and how to install it or the best box for what they want.

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

8. Thanks denim thanked for this post
    Likes denim, CaptM, husker77 liked this post
    neo_styles is offline AKA Pop Twidget

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    no i agree with you ,here denim, some guys wanna buy from places like online car stereo and such ,but want advice from guys like you and myself on what to buy and how to install it or the best box for what they want.
    It's because they see you guys as experts in the field. Isn't that how most people sign up? I know those were my reasons. I guess some just do it for the classifieds.

It's just a new school of though. Most people these days are used to shopping online and weren't around for when you could only go to a local shop and people were required to know about their stuff. It's kinda sad, really. I remember being a JL loyalist and thinking Orion, PG, and Arc were trash and just for people trying to be different. Just gotta know how to ask the right questions if you're the buyer or give the right info/pitch if you're the vendor.

Deck: JVC KD-A95BT
    Speakers: PHD FB mid, JBL MS tweets
    Amps: Boston Acoustics GT-2125, Zed Minotaur III (x2)
    Sub: 10" SSA ICON, IA Death Penalty 18" (coming soon)
    Starr Mountain Sound Nuthugger #2 (I'm a #2 lol)
    dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM VERTEX

DoesDad is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

I'd rather give local guys my business and I would pay 300 for an amp I could online for 250 from an authorized, local dealer as it's just easier to remedy a problem if it comes up. That being said I've bought things here and there from Sonic and never had a problem.

Guy I work with though bought a JVC headunit from them that was having some problems and he sent it back and hasn't heard anything in 4 months. So.... I guess depending on how much you care about the almighty dollar or truly getting good customer service is the kicker.

matt_bennett05 is offline mattchoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

I bought 6 Pyle Pro PDBT39 super tweeters a few weeks ago for $7.60 ea w/ fast free ship on Amazon. After my order they went back to up like $25 ea again... Guess I found a typo and got the best of it...

D.D.Q.F.

Traded with : norrizzle9, BassAddictJ (x2), TWiZTid859, btr, btdickey, mylows10, Sour_Deez, El_Weenie;
    Bought from : NeilBarber, kurtbeast, bubbagumper, cd6551,
    mistergrubbs, gbo559, ltr450racer690, nismos14, ptcmarty,

kushy_dreams is offline The resident hippie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beatin' View Post
    holy crap I'm glad this is a straight company.

They have an MB quart onx1.2000d for $250.....marked down from $560.

It does 2000wrms x 1ohm

I got my kenwood 8105d that only does 500wrms at 2ohms for $200 from best buy. stupid stupid stupid!

I don't completely understand what's going on here......
    Well since no one has said it yet I will say it....the mbq onyx does not do 2k, it does more like 1700-1800ish. Its just a rebadged Hifonics Hfi200d, which can be had for even less than the mbq. You can compare pictures of the internals in the "official amplifier guts" thread in the amplifier section on here

13 Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4T

http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/forum.php<

BOYCOTT SKAR AUDIO! SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES SHOULD NEVER BE ENCOURAGED!

dvcevoblack is offline Teh BasTehsss

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Brought stuffs from sonic before...good stuffs

Ref: rhdintegxsi, GAM3OVR, blackdragonx118

2006 Evolution 9 MR(472hp w e85 gas) System:
    Optima Red Top
    2 Gauge wires kit
    Soundstream vr-750 nb Headunit
    4 6.5' Infinity 3 way speaker
    RE Audio 12' MX Dual 2 ohm
    MB QUART Q1.1500D @ 1 ohm
    Custom Fiberglass enclosure (Build by me)

Dtrom is offline MAF

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Just got a shipment of 4awg from sonic yesterday. Like my 100,000 purchase from them lol. Never had a single problem.

REFS alot

d77543020 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

i would love to support my local retailers but places like sonic are making it harder and harder for example a friend of mind who is a re dealer sells the dts 1500 for 439 plus tax but sonic has the amp for 139 shipped and because im in cali i get all my products from them next day its just to hard to beat,i could see if we were talking 40 to 50 dollars more but on some stuff they are more then half off there even cheaper when they buy old stock

redrider is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

the only issue i have with sonice electronix is the waiting game for the product to get to me, but not their fault just impatient lol. have done plenty of transactions with them and never had any issues with them. sometimes i find the same product on their website, on their ebay store for cheaper. their ebay store is where i first found out about sonic electronix forever ago and they are now my first choice to buy esp when since most my builds i try to do on a budget and cant beat their prices. Headunits always seem to be the lowest price around. Great customer service as well. its a plus to that most their items are always free shipping.

kudos to sonic electronix

noaffiliation.net
    subs : 1 SSA 10" gcon D2
    doors: not sure...assuming factory lol
    amp: PPI black ice series 1300.1D
    wires: whatever was there..... 4 awg
    alt: stock
    Big 3: not yet
    box: mdf/fiberglassed box ported tuned @ 34.... in process of being built by me
    Bought from: Catman Speckdzl4shzl
    Sold to: Black3gks 03silverado03

d77543020 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redrider View Post
    the only issue i have with sonice electronix is the waiting game for the product to get to me, but not their fault just impatient lol. have done plenty of transactions with them and never had any issues with them. sometimes i find the same product on their website, on their ebay store for cheaper. their ebay store is where i first found out about sonic electronix forever ago and they are now my first choice to buy esp when since most my builds i try to do on a budget and cant beat their prices. Headunits always seem to be the lowest price around. Great customer service as well. its a plus to that most their items are always free shipping.

kudos to sonic electronix
    yea they do that all the time if i see something on there ebay store i check there website first

redrider is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

works both ways.

noaffiliation.net
    subs : 1 SSA 10" gcon D2
    doors: not sure...assuming factory lol
    amp: PPI black ice series 1300.1D
    wires: whatever was there..... 4 awg
    alt: stock
    Big 3: not yet
    box: mdf/fiberglassed box ported tuned @ 34.... in process of being built by me
    Bought from: Catman Speckdzl4shzl
    Sold to: Black3gks 03silverado03

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast