Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Distortion on alpine CDE 7853 with new speakers past 18 vol??

jbl420 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Distortion on alpine CDE 7853 with new speakers past 18 vol??

I have an alpine headunit with max vol at 35 with a 4ch 600w xplode amp running to my door speakers and had the volume up to 23-24 and it had barely any noticeable distortion before.

I had pyle of junk 6.5 in the front doors and infinty 5.25 in the rear. I smelled an electronic smell in the rear on the drivers side i have both amps and a cap on that side of the car.

I noticed i would get a bad signal type sound out of the car system like as if the radio station wasnt coming in maybe going in and out. So i listened in the back and notice the drivers side rear was out so i touched a wire connection moved it alil and it kicked back on.

So i figured ok its working now i turn up the radio and noticed the volume get lower in the back then back to normal. So i twist on the connection and tighten it up turn the radio back up for a couple songs and notice that elec smell I figured maybe the old 80s woofer i had was burning out so i check it and smell nothing really smelled near it while turned up.

Next thing you know im looking at the rear drivers side speaker and i noticed its flexing pretty violently compared to the other speaker I guess those infinitys couldent take the 45w rms they were rated for for too long besides i had gotten them out of a junkyard jeep for free.

So i figured the voice coil was heating up in the speaker and thats what that smell must have been.

I now have these kicker 6x9 installed and it dont seem like there that loud and they distort. Now my headunit will only go up to 18 and it starts to sound really crappy??? the kicker are rated for 70w rms. Also the sony amp is hooked up threw high level inputs

ThatChevyGuy is online now i heart Jager

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Re: Distortion on alpine CDE 7853 with new speakers past 18 vol??

redo all your wiring and ditch the sony amp. Might be your hi level inputs having a loose connection. Try to use rca's

REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05fronty View Post
    bitch you better swallow and not make a mess

blobb454 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Also make sure the speaker terminals, positive and negative connections are not backwards. I did it one a long time ago and it did same thing... Also Check the above mentions too. Check the settings on the amp as well if it has any.

Quote Originally Posted by kpetree View Post
    I feel like you're a waste of your mothers stretch marks, better luck finding your gf next season. Fck off, post dump somewhere else.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks and yeah im gonna recheck and soder the connections on the high level inputs. i actually have one front speaker coming out the same channel as the opposite rear so i gotta reconnect. Also the amp isnt set for the newer speakers so i gotta reset and adjust gains for the rears

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok i redid everything i repaired a loose rubber surround on the front speakers and turned the volume up to 26 which was the calculated max volume.

I then adjusted the rear gain using fm local station not a cd and turned the rear up till it started to sound like the slighest distortion at 26 vol. After that i checked the front speakers
    sounded pretty muddy distorted i had to turn the head unit down to 20 as it was distoring.

so i turned the volume down to like 10 and looked at the amp wires and the gain again and realized that that the front gain level wasnt more then half way up so i turned it till it was pointing at 2 oclock and then turned up the volume and it was louder still distored sound at the same 20.

Any more ideas?? im starting to think maybe the wires going from the front speaker input to the to the amp might be something or maybe its the positive and negative backwards. I used small gauge speaker wire coming from factory wires all the way down to the amp i doubt those wires cant send a signal to the the amp you dont need heavy duty cables for hl input do you???

As long as the wires going from the amp output to the speakers are thick enough i would think.

My amp dont have enough power for the front speakers so i was never able to get 120w rms. Maybe i should just pickup a pair of speakers for the front rated for 70w rms then everything would be clean
    Last edited by jbl420; 01-11-2013 at 08:56 PM.

Closed Thread