Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Reload Thread: Rockford Component speaker help

  1. #1
    Brandon9's Avatar
    Brandon9 is offline Member



    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Rockford Component speaker help

    Is there a major difference between the rockford t1 components and the rockford t2 components? If anyone has heard both i would love to hear your opinion.







  2. #2
    Dtrom's Avatar
    Dtrom is offline MAF



    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    43450
    Posts
    3,996
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Component speaker help

    I'm sure there is. Cant say for sure tho. I installed the t1 6x9 coaxil, ran off HU power and sounds solid. Hope that helps a lil






    REFS alot

  3. #3
    Brandon9's Avatar
    Brandon9 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Component speaker help

    Yeah it kinda helps thanks i just wanna know if there is enough difference to spend the extra money




  4. #4
    wickedwitt's Avatar
    wickedwitt is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    2,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Component speaker help

    If they will be seeing a true 75w or more, night and day difference. If you are running them off the deck or a smaller amp, the T1s are a bit more efficient and will be louder.

    On more power the T2s are much more full sounding. T3s a huge step up from that. Haven't had the privilege of hearing the T5s but I'm not paying $1600/set to find out either.

    EDIT: I'm soon to put T1s on my 300.4 because it's not enough power to warrant the T2 or T3s.

    In my big build I'm doing a 900.4 bridged per T3 set.



    Stupid Loud.

  5. #5
    Brandon9's Avatar
    Brandon9 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Component speaker help

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedwitt View Post
    If they will be seeing a true 75w or more, night and day difference. If you are running them off the deck or a smaller amp, the T1s are a bit more efficient and will be louder.

    On more power the T2s are much more full sounding. T3s a huge step up from that. Haven't had the privilege of hearing the T5s but I'm not paying $1600/set to find out either.

    EDIT: I'm soon to put T1s on my 300.4 because it's not enough power to warrant the T2 or T3s.

    In my big build I'm doing a 900.4 bridged per T3 set.
    so your saying if you amp the t2 there will be a night and day difference between the t1 amped and the t2 amped




  6. #6
    wickedwitt's Avatar
    wickedwitt is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    2,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Component speaker help

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon9 View Post
    so your saying if you amp the t2 there will be a night and day difference between the t1 amped and the t2 amped
    If it's a decent size amp yes. If they are both seeing 50w you would still probably be better doing a T1. If you use some of the larger multi-channel amps out there the T2 amped will sound loads better than the T1 amped.



    Stupid Loud.

  7. #7
    calebkhill's Avatar
    calebkhill is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Phenix City, Alabama
    Posts
    1,101
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Component speaker help

    I have the t3 6x9s, amazing.



    "When I listen to a stereo loudspeaker playback in my room and an auditory scene has formed in my mind, how would I know that what I hear is an accurate replica of an auditory scene that could be had at the recording venue? Or more generally, that this is an auditory scene that could have existed at all?"


  8. #8
    Brandon9's Avatar
    Brandon9 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Component speaker help

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedwitt View Post
    If it's a decent size amp yes. If they are both seeing 50w you would still probably be better doing a T1. If you use some of the larger multi-channel amps out there the T2 amped will sound loads better than the T1 amped.
    Ok thank you the amp i have right now is about 90 rms x 4 so im thinking the t2 would be a better choice




  9. #9
    calebkhill's Avatar
    calebkhill is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Phenix City, Alabama
    Posts
    1,101
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Component speaker help

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon9 View Post
    Ok thank you the amp i have right now is about 90 rms x 4 so im thinking the t2 would be a better choice
    What amp do you have.



    "When I listen to a stereo loudspeaker playback in my room and an auditory scene has formed in my mind, how would I know that what I hear is an accurate replica of an auditory scene that could be had at the recording venue? Or more generally, that this is an auditory scene that could have existed at all?"


  10. #10
    Brandon9's Avatar
    Brandon9 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Component speaker help

    Quote Originally Posted by calebkhill View Post
    What amp do you have.
    Rockford t400-4 the birth sheet said 87 x4 i think




  11. #11
    wickedwitt's Avatar
    wickedwitt is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    2,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Component speaker help

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon9 View Post
    Rockford t400-4 the birth sheet said 87 x4 i think
    You could do well w/ T2s.

    Unless you want to get rid of that T400-4



    Stupid Loud.

  12. #12
    Brandon9's Avatar
    Brandon9 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Component speaker help

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedwitt View Post
    You could do well w/ T2s.
    Unless you want to get rid of that T400-4
    Yeah i plan on keeping that amp so you think the t2 will sound better on that amp?




  13. #13
    wickedwitt's Avatar
    wickedwitt is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    2,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Component speaker help

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon9 View Post
    Yeah i plan on keeping that amp so you think the t2 will sound better on that amp?
    I do



    Stupid Loud.

  14. #14
    Brandon9's Avatar
    Brandon9 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Component speaker help

    Ok thanks




  15. #15
    calebkhill's Avatar
    calebkhill is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Phenix City, Alabama
    Posts
    1,101
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Component speaker help

    There gonna soound great. How many are you getting



    "When I listen to a stereo loudspeaker playback in my room and an auditory scene has formed in my mind, how would I know that what I hear is an accurate replica of an auditory scene that could be had at the recording venue? Or more generally, that this is an auditory scene that could have existed at all?"


Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Component Speaker Help! Almost done!
    By NoGame00 in forum Speakers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-24-2006, 09:26 PM
  2. Component Speaker Help..
    By thuggish3000 in forum Speakers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2005, 09:33 AM
  3. Component Speaker Help (DLS, Rainbow, or Diamond)
    By someone16 in forum Speakers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-23-2005, 01:07 AM
  4. component speaker HELP!
    By Sone in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 03:56 PM
  5. SQ Component Speaker Help
    By 996twint in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-18-2002, 01:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum