Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45

Reload Thread: capacirtor not aloud, what else?

  1. #1
    Nugg32's Avatar
    Nugg32 is offline Member



    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    capacirtor not aloud, what else?

    how do i keep my lights from going Dim every time the bass hits in my car if its not a good idea to use a capacitor(i have read a few post on capacitors being bad)? i dont really have 600+ for a new alternator and battery. i will be running Two SA-12 with more than likely a SAZ1500 amp and my alternator is only like a 90amp so i know if i have that set up its going to at least make my lights Dim







  2. #2
    gckless's Avatar
    gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,971
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

    Re: capacirtor not aloud, what else?

    You could add batteries, but it might be close to the same amount for an alternator for a good sized battery. Even if you do get batteries, your lights may dim. Lights in most cars are sensitive to voltage fluctuations, and even dropping down to 12.6V, where the battery actually takes over, will have your lights dimming. Have you looked up prices for an alt?

    This isn't a cheap hobby.



    Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

    Dat Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/578701-1999-chevrolet-blazer.html

  3. #3
    Nugg32's Avatar
    Nugg32 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: capacirtor not aloud, what else?

    Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    You could add batteries, but it might be close to the same amount for an alternator for a good sized battery. Even if you do get batteries, your lights may dim. Lights in most cars are sensitive to voltage fluctuations, and even dropping down to 12.6V, where the battery actually takes over, will have your lights dimming. Have you looked up prices for an alt?

    This isn't a cheap hobby.
    yeahh and anything over 100amps is around 300+




  4. #4
    gckless's Avatar
    gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,971
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

    Re: capacirtor not aloud, what else?

    What car?



    Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

    Dat Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/578701-1999-chevrolet-blazer.html

  5. #5
    Nugg32's Avatar
    Nugg32 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: capacirtor not aloud, what else?

    Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    What car?
    ok i lied haha, what amp alternator do you think i would need for that set up? but its a 95 eclipse RS




  6. #6
    gckless's Avatar
    gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,971
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

    Re: capacirtor not aloud, what else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nugg32 View Post
    ok i lied haha, what amp alternator do you think i would need for that set up? but its a 95 eclipse RS
    Get the biggest you can afford. And you're not gonna get far being a douchebag around here. Well, now that I think about it, you might...



    Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

    Dat Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/578701-1999-chevrolet-blazer.html

  7. Likes itsblown liked this post
  8. #7
    Jason Eden's Avatar
    Jason Eden is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    apple valley ca.
    Posts
    184
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: capacirtor not aloud, what else?

    Look around on the web my truck stock is a 55 amp and I have read I can use a gm 130 amp alt with very little mods and that's only like 100 bucks




  9. #8
    Nugg32's Avatar
    Nugg32 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: capacirtor not aloud, what else?

    Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    Get the biggest you can afford. And you're not gonna get far being a douchebag around here. Well, now that I think about it, you might...
    Haha, My problem was i have been looking at dealers websites and of course they are going to be ridiculous, like mechman alternators are $700 for a 370 amp i think, screw that. but i just looked on eBay and they have them for a lot cheaper.




  10. #9
    mlstrass's Avatar
    mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA



    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    10,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

    Re: capacirtor not aloud, what else?

    WHY would you be looking at a 370a alt???

    Single G31 batt in the back should be fine for that amp "assuming" you don't play it full tilt for hours on end...




  11. Likes tc300 liked this post
  12. #10
    Nugg32's Avatar
    Nugg32 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: capacirtor not aloud, what else?

    Quote Originally Posted by mlstrass View Post
    WHY would you be looking at a 370a alt???

    Single G31 batt in the back should be fine for that amp "assuming" you don't play it full tilt for hours on end...


    lmao, no i was just bitching at how ridiculous all the prices were being on mechmans site alone.




  13. #11
    Nugg32's Avatar
    Nugg32 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: capacirtor not aloud, what else?

    i could probably afford the 160amp at a little under $200 on ebay.




  14. #12
    mlstrass's Avatar
    mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA



    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    10,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

    Re: capacirtor not aloud, what else?

    I wouldn't trust a POS fleabay alt....




  15. #13
    rebelfromva's Avatar
    rebelfromva is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    3,818
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

    Re: capacirtor not aloud, what else?

    My lights dim still just saying



    09 Cobalt LT
    Headunit -Alpine CDA-9887
    Front Stage - PHD FB 6.1 PRO SIX M/B, FB 5.1 m/b, FB 1.1b tweets
    Highs amp -Pheonix Gold Xenon 100.4 & 200.4
    Sub stage - 2 DC M2 LVL 5 12s
    Sub amp - 2 DC 5.0Ks
    Electrical - Singer 270 alt, big 3 0/1 & 12g ofc audio technix, 2 XS d3400s
    Deadener - 80 mill Audiotechnix deadener
    "Trunk hit hard like Kimbo Slice"
    TEAM DC AUDIO

  16. #14
    Nugg32's Avatar
    Nugg32 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: capacirtor not aloud, what else?

    Quote Originally Posted by mlstrass View Post
    I wouldn't trust a POS fleabay alt....

    i figured someone would say that. i just need to figure out how to do all this **** with putting a battery in my trunk and if its even going to save me money or not. I'm not in my car much and i have a new alt but its just a 90amp..so do you think a 90 amp alt would power 2 batteries?




  17. #15
    Nugg32's Avatar
    Nugg32 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: capacirtor not aloud, what else?

    Quote Originally Posted by rebelfromva View Post
    My lights dim still just saying

    i just dont want it to be really noticeable, a little bit wouldn't bother me.




Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. HO ALT not an option, what else can I do?
    By RodeoSport in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-30-2012, 04:25 PM
  2. diamonds not in. What else?
    By z28rookie in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-29-2002, 01:55 PM
  3. need opinions, not sure what to get!
    By mrray13 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-25-2002, 10:01 PM
  4. Not sure what to get... HELP
    By BassBoi in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2002, 10:04 AM
  5. Not sure what to go with
    By smp013 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-25-2001, 10:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum