Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Upgrading my electrical, advice on battery/ies

its10v1 is offline The Caped Rock-Head

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Icon32 Upgrading my electrical, advice on battery/ies

In need of a battery/ 2 batteries. (75-100AH Depending on price.)
    Upgraded from "Flea market" amplifiers powering a RF T112D2, to a SAZ-1500D.v1 which will power a Custom DC Lvl 5 Motor w/ 12" Basket Dual 1-Ohm from SPLaudio. I don't want to skimp on my electrical. I know the battery under my hood is on it's way out, I also have yet to do the Big 3.

Duralast Battery from AutoZone
    I'm considering replacing the one under my hood with this, which is the reason I may only need one additional battery. (I believe I have one exactly like this under my hood already.)
    Could buying 2 of the above battery(s) reap me the AH I'm looking for??
    How can I find out the AH of a battery? AutoZone doesn't list AH for the above battery.

Any advice is appreciated, flaming is just mean.

Team Starr Mountain Nuthugger #4
    Bought From: outsideshot23, bigguy2010, SAZCLASSD, centergod79, SPLaudio, JCRF71, Vertex Audio, assassin1840, woofercooker, double 07
    Sold To: ChucklezZ, Davecub14
    1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Sedan: (2) C&D 102AH Trunk Batteries, Needs Big 3
    Sub stage: Custom SPLaudio 12" DC Lvl 5 m1 motor Dual 2-Ohm
    Box: 1.75ft^3 ported @ 31hz
    Sub Amp: Cadence ZRS C5 (5,100w RMS 1-Ohm @ 14.4v)

garretttt4 is offline big pimpin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Re: Upgrading my electrical, advice on battery/ies

Xs d3100.
    Deka g31

01 Silverado 2500hd (gasser. :/)
    Coming soon
    Four custom mmats juggernaut 12's.
    Amp undecided..?

Bought from: Jayzbent, mylows10, logan527, Timmy13091, wingsfreak9, Underfire
    Traded with: mylows10(x2), knowmadic
    Sold to: 03silverado03, foomanchu, heel4lyfe, Timmy13091, wErd

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

What did he rate that sub at? I feel like a Level 5 will want over twice the power than what you have planned. Reason I say this is because if you do power it properly you are looking at a whole other electrical setup.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by garretttt4 View Post
    Xs d3100.
    Deka g31
    $256.75 shipped

$359.99 shipped

Is 6AH really worth ~$100?

Bought From: outsideshot23, bigguy2010, SAZCLASSD, centergod79, SPLaudio, JCRF71, Vertex Audio, assassin1840, woofercooker, double 07

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    What did he rate that sub at? I feel like a Level 5 will want over twice the power than what you have planned. Reason I say this is because if you do power it properly you are looking at a whole other electrical setup.
    I'm using what I have available. I understand a Lvl 5 is rated for 3,000w RMS. No subwoofer in the history of subwoofers has ever been damaged/blown by too little power. I'm running at half RMS approximately. ( Some people have clamped SAZ-1500D.v1's at ~2.4k @ .5 ohm, on proper electrical.)
    Last edited by its10v1; 12-28-2012 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Was mistaken, looked back at where I saw "1500D clamped at 2400w rms at .5 ohm"

gramser57 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Deka Intimidator 9A34, I'm using one as a second battery and has kept my voltage steady with my old DD M2a. They are on sale right now for $90
    Deka Intimidator 9A34M Marine AGM Battery - Remy Battery

B16 SE-R

7. Thanks its10v1 thanked for this post
    Likes its10v1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by its10v1 View Post
    I'm using what I have available. I understand a Lvl 5 is rated for 3,000w RMS. No subwoofer in the history of subwoofers has ever been damaged/blown by too little power. I'm running at half RMS approximately. ( Some people have clamped SAZ-1500D.v1's at ~2.4k @ 1 ohm, on proper electrical.)
    No, it's due to users clipping the crap out of them. But you're also not pushing the sub very much. Do you plan on upgrading?

15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

9. Likes its10v1 liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Everyone always upgrades lol. I'm considering trading my amp+ some cash for a better suited amp for my lvl 5. Not sure how much cash someone would want me to add though. I'm aware I'm not going to get the woofer moving much with the power I'm throwing at it. Wish I could just pour other people's $$ into a system all day, everyday. I'd be happy being a shop monkey lol.

mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Get the Duralast Platinum at Autozone, same as a Deka. Front batt is 55aH, get a G31 (100aH) for the trunk if you have voltage issues.

x2 on a 1500D not being enough to really push a lvl5 motor. You will not get anywhere near 2400watss out of that amp. v1 did around 1750@1ohm.

Assuming you wire to .5 with rise you might see 2kw, so 2nd batt wouldn't hurt.

12. Thanks its10v1 thanked for this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlstrass View Post
    Get the Duralast Platinum at Autozone, same as a Deka. Front batt is 55aH, get a G31 (100aH) for the trunk if you have voltage issues.

x2 on a 1500D not being enough to really push a lvl5 motor. You will not get anywhere near 2400watss out of that amp. v1 did around 1750@1ohm.

Assuming you wire to .5 with rise you might see 2kw, so 2nd batt wouldn't hurt.
    Baby steps is all I can do at the moment. Upgrade my electrical, then worry about my amplifier. Stout woofer calls for stout electrical and a stout amplifier.

Had bought my SAZ-1500D to power a RF Power T112D2 (T1 12" Dual 2ohm.) The deal arised with the Level 5's, I had enough cash to snag it, and still pay bills.. so I did and I did. Way I figure it is I can sell the one I'm not gonna use for 1/2 my cost and use the $ for battery(s) and/or some cash towards a different amp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

The reason I am asking is because with a bigger amp you will need a bigger alternator, which might be the better solution now rather than another battery

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    The reason I am asking is because with a bigger amp you will need a bigger alternator, which might be the better solution now rather than another battery
    Good point. I've been shopping around for a good alt for some time now. KNUKonceptz makes a $225 160A alt for my motor. Not sure if that's what is right for me. Seems like a step in the right direction, however small that step is..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Think bigger

17. Likes its10v1 liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I'm thinking bigger...but don't have the funds.
    I appreciate the advice, I'll take shopping for an alt into consideration instead of a battery for now. Figured a battery or two would be a band-aid on the paper cut that is my weak electrical system.

mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

you can always grab a 2nd 1500D when you have the funds. I sold one pretty cheaply a few months ago, so deals do come up now and then...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast