Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need some opinions on a complete system build...

mikeb618 is offline RANDOM DUDE

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Need some opinions on a complete system build...

I got myself a new car and i am wanting to put together a simple, good sounding system. I want to keep things simple and not get too crazy. The car is a Sonic Rs...its a small car that gets me good mpg on the drive to work.

I listen to lots of rock and roll, some older rap and any thing else that sounds good to my ears. I have had some nice stereos but i am not very up to speed on the new stuff.

I am 100% keeping the factory MyLink deck, but pretty much everything else is getting upgraded.

Here is what i am thinking...

Audio control LC6i to get RCAs and be able to correct the factory loudness...

WoofersEtc.com - LC6i - AudioControl Six Channel Line Output Converter

Alpine PDX-V9...i know the old Alpine stuff was nice, but dont know about the new stuff.

WoofersEtc.com - PDX-V9 - Alpine 5 Channel 900 Watt Digital Amplifier

I just pre-ordered a pair of sundown SD2-8's. They are exactly what i need due to space. I am going to build a small sealed box that will take up minimal space in the hatch for the subs.

I need advice on some good sounding 6 1/2 component speakers. In the past i had some old Boston pro6.5 comps and really liked the sound of the silk tweeters, but i am open to whatever.

So, is the Audio Control unit what i need? Is there a better amp choice? What components do i need?

BTW...I am going to get a decent set of 2ways to put in the rear doors for fill that will run off the 3 and 4 channels.

One of the big things is correcting the factory loudness. That is why i am wanting to run everything thru the convertor and off of a amp.

What am i missing and where am i messing up? Help a guy out!

neo_styles is offline AKA Pop Twidget

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1693 Post(s)

Re: Need some opinions on a complete system build...

I hear great things about the CDT HD-61s. EF-61 would be a cheaper choice. @mylows10 ; should be able to help you out with pricing

Deck: JVC KD-A95BT
    Speakers: PHD FB mid, JBL MS tweets
    Amps: Boston Acoustics GT-2125, Zed Minotaur III (x2)
    Sub: 10" SSA ICON, IA Death Penalty 18" (coming soon)
    Starr Mountain Sound Nuthugger #2 (I'm a #2 lol)
    dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM VERTEX

butterMilk is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    182 Post(s)

I used a LC6I, because I didnt want to get a new HU. And I hated the LC6I. The have been known to introduce some "fuzz" to the system, and also sub thump when turning car on and off.

I was warned about that, but bought one anyway. I had some fuzz, and some thump when I turned the car off, was so annoying. I ended up just buying a new HU, and im so much more happy with the new HU, no fuzz, no thump!

This was in a 2009 lancer with upgraded rockford sound package, fyi

mylows10 is online now B2,singer,ampere rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5952 Post(s)

what you can do is get a nice eq or processor ,it will help a lot . also are you looking for smaller foot print amps because of the small space .do you have a budget ? i'm having a 1 day sale ending tomorrow at noon .this would be a great time to buy all new with warranties as well shipped to your door .i'm thinking a american bass vfl 1200 watt rms mono block amp ,with a matching 4 channel ,some cdt components hd61a with hd6e mids in the rear doors .you'll need an amp kit as well .everything i just mentioned is on sale til tomorrow ,i can give you a good deal on all of this .

pioneer avhx 4800 dvd, ampere tfhe 9.0 and 150.4 with arc audio xxd 4080
    4 d3100 and 3 deka 8a31 and d975 ,270 dc power and 320 amp singer alt
    B2 ref mids,Cdt es6 mids cdt es 010 tweets x2 ,es 03 Mids x 2 mx1000 , sky high ,eb flex, and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 crossfire xsv2 18s in a 4th order no wall box
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    what you can do is get a nice eq or processor ,it will help a lot . also are you looking for smaller foot print amps because of the small space .do you have a budget ? i'm having a 1 day sale ending tomorrow at noon .this would be a great time to buy all new with warranties as well shipped to your door .i'm thinking a american bass vfl 1200 watt rms mono block amp ,with a matching 4 channel ,some cdt components hd61a with hd6e mids in the rear doors .you'll need an amp kit as well .everything i just mentioned is on sale til tomorrow ,i can give you a good deal on all of this .
    Yeah...i want to keep the amp or amps small. I want good sounds but i dont want to use up all the storage area with amps and subs. I would be very interested in a price on the components and some wiring. Shoot me a PM.

BTW...how do the American Bass amps compare to the Alpine that i listed?

mylows10 is online now B2,singer,ampere rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5952 Post(s)

just as good maybe even a bit better i run them myself on a stock alt and extra battery .i'm running the vfl 4480 and vfl 150.4 with very little voltage drop .pm coming

B2 ref mids,Cdt es6 mids cdt es 010 tweets x2 ,es 03 Mids x 2 mx1000 , sky high ,eb flex, and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 crossfire xsv2 18s in a 4th order no wall box
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

So the Audio control LC6i is known to have some "fuzz". What other options are there?

I really want to run everything off a single amp just for space reasons. Actually i have a few old amps that would easily do the job but the are BIG and i dont have much space to work with.

Someone asked what my budget is? Well i dont want to spend millions but i would much rather spend a little extra to get good sound. I was planning to spend about $1500 but have no problem spending a little extra.

I am sure there are many combos of multiple amps that will do more than the alpine i listed but are there any 5 channels that are a better choice near the same price? I would really like a DD SS5 but they are nearly $1k and have a pretty big footprint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5952 Post(s)

Then a jl clean sweep would work American bass has. A 5 channel for 240 from me. Til noon 120 rms x4 and 800 rms on the sub channel I personally don't like running 5-6 channel amps to run my whole system

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

So i got all my door speakers ordered thanks to mylows10. CDT components for the front and a set of mids for rear fill.

I really would like some opinions on what convertor/processor to run? Does the Audio Control LC6I really create "fuzz"? Is the JL cleansweep a better option? Does someone else make one that i am missing?

What is everyones opinion on the American Bass 5channel? It seems like it is a perfect fit for what i need.

THANKS!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Was doing a little looking around and found this...

WoofersEtc.com - LCQ-1 GREY - Audio Control 6 Channel Line Output Converter with EQ

I guess its not a very good choice if the Audio Control stuff is making fuzz, but i think have the EQ would be very helpful. Anyone using one of these?

Closed Thread