Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Friend wants me to install his system for his MS8

ryya is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Friend wants me to install his system for his MS8

So I've got a buddy that offered to give me his ms8 if I install his full system, which includes 2 amps, head unit, sound dampening the floor and doors, 4 door speakers and 2 subs. It's a brand new 2012 mazda which I have no experience with, so conservatively it will probably take me a good 20-25 hours to do everything (a saturday and sunday) by myself (including picking up the car/dropping it off). I really like the ms8's but i'm really not sure if it's for me or not... i'm kind of an spl guy. Think I should do it?

Owner of 12Tronics.com car audio talk.

gckless is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Re: Friend wants me to install his system for his MS8

Fuck yeah. You gain experience, get to know some equipment, will probably have some headaches that you will figure out, and get a great piece of gear. Unless you just don't want to do the work, why wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/578701-1999-chevrolet-blazer.html

SonicHD is offline Supporting Vendor SonicHD is a Supporting Member of the forum!

SonicHD is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I think you should go for it

2003 Jetta GLI 2.8L VR6 w/ Brutus 1700W, NVX 4 Chan, L7 Subs, Kenwood Deck & Infinity Speaks
    Sonic Electronix Articles by Harry Donihue --> CLICK

ryya is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I love doing the work. Especially when it's for a friend and there's some sort of mutually beneficial agreement like this. I guess the only reason I'm hesitant is because Idk if all that work is worth it for an ms8. Think an ms8 would still benefit in an spl setup?

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Plus I could make a sick *** build log out of it i guess too...

Owner of 12Tronics.com car audio talk.

gckless is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryya View Post
    I love doing the work. Especially when it's for a friend and there's some sort of mutually beneficial agreement like this. I guess the only reason I'm hesitant is because Idk if all that work is worth it for an ms8. Think an ms8 would still benefit in an spl setup?

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Plus I could make a sick *** build log out of it i guess too...
    Does it matter? They go for a decent amount of money if you don't want to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/578701-1999-chevrolet-blazer.html

Closed Thread