Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Reload Thread: whats the big craze with pa drivers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: whats the big craze with pa drivers?

I like it.

Joe89 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am setting up a PA front stage for the first time after using traditional component sets in every previous install of mine and my friends'. I am doing it to try something new, and see for myself whether or not I prefer the sound of "car audio" vs PA speakers. Some people prefer silk dome tweeters, others titanium. Sound and music are very subjective, everyone has their own personal taste and idea of what a quality system sounds like. I wouldn't pass judgement on PA systems without having personally set-up and tuned one to my liking (or disliking). I am sure you can find some "PA" or home audio drivers with a nominal difference in specs from some traditional components so the whole idea of the two categories seems to be an oversimplification... it is more involved than PA = Wrong / Hertz = Correct. I will better know my preference once my PA system is finalized, but I don't think I could ever say PA will always be inferior to a comp set.

Essentially what I am saying is try it yourself before passing judgement. You can't rely on a couple bad encounters with other people's cars to forever condemn PA for a vehicle.

mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe89 View Post
    I am setting up a PA front stage for the first time after using traditional component sets in every previous install of mine and my friends'. I am doing it to try something new, and see for myself whether or not I prefer the sound of "car audio" vs PA speakers. Some people prefer silk dome tweeters, others titanium. Sound and music are very subjective, everyone has their own personal taste and idea of what a quality system sounds like. I wouldn't pass judgement on PA systems without having personally set-up and tuned one to my liking (or disliking). I am sure you can find some "PA" or home audio drivers with a nominal difference in specs from some traditional components so the whole idea of the two categories seems to be an oversimplification... it is more involved than PA = Wrong / Hertz = Correct. I will better know my preference once my PA system is finalized, but I don't think I could ever say PA will always be inferior to a comp set.

Essentially what I am saying is try it yourself before passing judgement. You can't rely on a couple bad encounters with other people's cars to forever condemn PA for a vehicle.
    Sorry but that post is WAY too logical for this site...

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3