Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Reload Thread: 4 wheeler or snowmobile?

plugitin is offline She Bangs plugitin is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: 4 wheeler or snowmobile?

Quote Originally Posted by UnderFire View Post
    If you're getting a raptor, don't get a 660, if you let it sit for a few months ever the carbs go to **** quick and if you want a Banshee, leave it stock unless you want to work on it A LOT.

Best quads to buy just to fvck around with are Hondas, super reliable, always start, simple carb systems, takes me literally 30 minutes to clean the carb on my 400ex, and takes that long just to take the plastic off of my dad's raptor.

I'm not biased, it comes from experience, I've worked on Polaris, Honda, Yamaha, and Kawi's of all different shapes and sizes.

EDIT: Btw my 400ex does 50+ Stock, no exhaust mods or anything just a K&N filter.
    Ive owned all of them. I would never ever go back to a carb'd quad or bike. The best quad hands down is the LTR450, not no honda. Honda is sitting in the backseat with quads, and even dirtbikes. And the carbs on most major jap bikes are very similar.

Team DC Audio

Refs: absoluteaudio, rab, walnut, seedubs1, dbeez, -leister-, Louisiana_crx, bubbagumper6, DS Autpsports, Mr.Ronin_2U, lil98cabrio, wone, micah_jones, grinder1989

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UnderFire View Post
    Duals are pretty useful around here. Most of the aftermarket exhaust systems are above legal Db level on some of the dunes, the duals usually drop the db level down by like 6.
    If youre worried about that, leave it stock. Or buy a quiet insert. Duals are useless...sorry. And even if you never swapped out to an aftermarket system, what if you crash? Now you get to replace two mufflers instead of one. The cost and weight are no where near worth it.

Team DC Audio

Refs: absoluteaudio, rab, walnut, seedubs1, dbeez, -leister-, Louisiana_crx, bubbagumper6, DS Autpsports, Mr.Ronin_2U, lil98cabrio, wone, micah_jones, grinder1989

ewadz3006 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

My list of toys in the order i would want them,

1) dirt bike newer motocross bike
    2) quad-4wd preferably brute force or grizzly
    3) streetbike (sport)
    4) sled
    5)streetbike (cruiser so wifey can go once in a while)
    6) sport quad or utv, prolly quad cause utv's are crazy money.

Although in my stable i have a sport bike and a older dirt bike that's more of a conversation piece. (Cr500r)
    I got a good deal on them both.

I feel sorry for those who do not drink, when they wake up on the morning that's the best they're going to feel all day.-Frank Sinatra

2004 mercury mountaineer
    Hu Kenwood excelon x996
    Fronts Incriminator audio comps
    Front amp Aq 120.4
    sub amp Aq2200d
    subs 2 sundown sa 12's @ 32hz
    wiring knu 1/0 ofc

ewadz3006 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by plugitin View Post
    Ive owned all of them. I would never ever go back to a carb'd quad or bike. The best quad hands down is the LTR450, not no honda. Honda is sitting in the backseat with quads, and even dirtbikes. And the carbs on most major jap bikes are very similar.
    The ltr450 is a race bike it's not even in the same class as a 400ex. You cant deny honda's reliability, ive seen older 400ex'sdirt that have been neglected abused and just pounded on, yet they still run.

I do agree the ltr is prolly the best ("stock"off the showroom floor) race quad you can buy.

I feel sorry for those who do not drink, when they wake up on the morning that's the best they're going to feel all day.-Frank Sinatra

2004 mercury mountaineer
    Hu Kenwood excelon x996
    Fronts Incriminator audio comps
    Front amp Aq 120.4
    sub amp Aq2200d
    subs 2 sundown sa 12's @ 32hz
    wiring knu 1/0 ofc

Trippymane is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by plugitin View Post
    I can tell you don't make power.... ask or just look at any of the k.o.t.h builds or glamis results.... builders choice quads...... all the big power bikes are carbed. If you know the fundamentals of a Carb they are easy to tune and make just as much power as any efi can. And weigh less than an efi setup. Efi is sweet if your going to do a turbo.... that's it.

And about the 660 comment... close the peacock and run all the fuel out of the carbs before u store it. Problem solved.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trippymane View Post
    I can tell you don't make power.... ask or just look at any of the k.o.t.h builds or glamis results.... builders choice quads...... all the big power bikes are carbed. If you know the fundamentals of a Carb they are easy to tune and make just as much power as any efi can. And weigh less than an efi setup. Efi is sweet if your going to do a turbo.... that's it.

And about the 660 comment... close the peacock and run all the fuel out of the carbs before u store it. Problem solved.
    good thing i dont live near glamis or race quads eh? Look at any of the professional motocross racers, all on efi bikes.

Team DC Audio

Trippymane is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's because they're factory sponsored. Efi is nice. But dollar for dollar and comparing peak power..... carbs all the way. U can tune carbs without a laptop and buying an expensive programmer.

8. Likes groundpound4200 liked this post
    Lowflyin is offline Sit on my face, B*tch

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

First off, whoever said banshees are unreliable are mis-informed. I just sold my 2000 banshee which caused me no problems at all. I also had a Herr Juggs Racing built 421 Cub in my old '96 or '98 banshee, cant remember. But it was a screamer, never had any problems and that was with only a stock modded tranny and hd clutch with close to 85hp... If your looking into these go to Bansheehq.com and start reading lol.

As for 4x4 quads. Can ams are nice and all but my friend has a 2012 Renegade 1000 that has been nothing but problems. They also like to burn through clutches on anything over stock sized tires.

My 400ex is a great quad. It's an 04 so no reverse but I got the quad for 1300 with a title. Not a single thing wrong with it and I beat it on the limiter daily. I just rebuilt it a month or so ago only because I wanted more power but it's a great trail friendly quad. If you want to race "out of the box" LTR450 but If you have some money for suspension get a 450r.

Heres a pic of my 400 and last banshee.

Sold To: Epic0318, Alpine-Accord Bought From: JL Audio, SPLAudio, JS UltimateSounds, ShoelessJake

This guys a winner...
    Quote Originally Posted by darron016 View Post
    I want to trade my amp but it is currently mounted to my trunk, how do I go about posting a picture with the date etc with it mounted? I can barely get to it

10. Likes garretttt4 liked this post
    tc300 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Get a quad.... You can get tracks for them. It makes them a hybrid snowmobile... If you get one that's 4 wheel drive you can get four tracks or do what I'm doin with my raptor, put ski's on the front!!!

MODS

groundpound4200 is offline Da fuq did I just read?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I own both and I'd say I look forward to snowmobiling a lot more than 4 wheeling. Then again it ***** pretty bad when it doesn't snow and you have a bunch of money tied up in a sled....

2007 YFZ450

2009 Skidoo 600RS

2007 Honda Pilot 2008 Nissan Maxima
    2 RD D9s strapped @ 1 ohm Sundown SAZ-1500D V.3
    2 Sundown Nightshade V.2s 2 10" Atomic APX
    Sundown SAX-125.2 x 2 Sundown SAX-100.4
    Sundown NeoPro 6.5"s, JL ZR Tweets Sundown NeoPros

RIP Taylor aka NewAgeKing, you are missed!

Lowflyin is offline Sit on my face, B*tch

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Oh I forgot to add that I just ordered some Maxxis 4-Snows for my quad so those should help in the deep stuff

Sold To: Epic0318, Alpine-Accord Bought From: JL Audio, SPLAudio, JS UltimateSounds, ShoelessJake

This guys a winner...
    Quote Originally Posted by darron016 View Post
    I want to trade my amp but it is currently mounted to my trunk, how do I go about posting a picture with the date etc with it mounted? I can barely get to it

C.Jeep is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ha man get a pitbike... their a blast.. and if i remember right in south dakota they aint to crazy strict on rules about riding on street...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I wouldn't go more than a mile from my house on a pit-bike. They're fun but not something you'd want to ride around all day.

C.Jeep is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

not trying to hate on the banshee.. but if your gonna go with 2 stroke quads.. get a 250r..
    a 250r will kill a banshee.. ive seen a crazy work done to banshees at the dunes (stretched, porting, drag exhaust, light frames) get smoked by a 250r.. its all what you want i guess but in my opinion a 250r is probably the sickest quads ive owned... easiest mods.. simple motors... 1 cylinder.. they are BANSHEE EATERS! ON THE TRRACK!

17. Likes groundpound4200 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

250Rs are pretty sweet. I've seen a few built ones this summer on the trails in Wisconsin. I thought they were 450s until I saw the expansion on the pipe.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast