Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Reload Thread: AP 1800 Louder then saz 3000d..Why?

tc300 is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Re: AP 1800 Louder then saz 3000d..Why?

Quote Originally Posted by itsblown View Post
    Rise does come into play if you are ussing a dmm. When you use a dmm you are looking for a set power output amount at a rated ohm level. Even if you wire the amp down to 1 ohm nominal it could be seeing impedance rise up to 2 ohms and if you use your dmm to set your amp to put out the amount of power its rated to do at 1 ohm without knowing about the impedance rise youre going to fry your amplifier

Wouldn't a ddm atleast put you in the ball park of where u want the gain to be tho..??
    And is box rise less noticeable when using a sealed box..?? I would say no but I overheard it being talked about a local audio shop over the summer....

hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    they check em all. they said the fets are 10$ a piece and if they have to replace em all itll be high. like 160 plus 90$ labor. but only 2 were bad
    You threw away money on that "repair" if he did not replace ALL the MOSFETs. This is total half *** and will very likely fail even if you get your electrical system right I wouldn't trust it. Any alleged amp repair person who does not change out ALL MOSFETs from the same batch of replacement parts is either a scammer or completely incompetent. You were told when you asked who the reliable repair people were.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooney View Post
    Sorry if I am late to the party and this was already covered but I saw the pics of the blown amp bro. If one power supply fet died they should have replaced em all. They are all connected across the same two terminals that your buddy swapped the power and ground on. I would take it back and get your money back and send it to db-r . Power supply may not be operating normally even if the amp "works" . Hell some shady places nip out the one or two shorted fets and send you back on your way.
    This dB-R or Ampmedics will do it right. May as well send the amp in to a competent repair person now before it blows beyond hope of repair.

Quote Originally Posted by tc300 View Post
    Op that saz is gona need more electrical that what you have currently to get it running proper....
    I'd like to see 2 good size deep cycles in the trunk anyway to run that amp safely. HO alt as well if you can.

Rise does come into play if you are ussing a dmm. When you use a dmm you are looking for a set power output amount at a rated ohm level. Even if you wire the amp down to 1 ohm nominal it could be seeing impedance rise up to 2 ohms and if you use your dmm to set your amp to put out the amount of power its rated to do at 1 ohm without knowing about the impedance rise youre going to fry your amplifier
    Rise from 1 to 2 ohm.... I don't think you've ever looked at an impedance curve have you? Rising 4 to 10X DC resistance is highly possible. DMM is pretty pointless without a current clamp IMO. Use your ears and use your head and that'll do it if either works as it should.

Quote Originally Posted by tc300 View Post
    Wouldn't a ddm atleast put you in the ball park of where u want the gain to be tho..??
    And is box rise less noticeable when using a sealed box..?? I would say no but I overheard it being talked about a local audio shop over the summer....
    Possibly, possibly not. Too many factors, without a proper loudspeaker measureing tool or DMM and current clamp + tone generator you'll never know what's happening at any given frequency.

This thread is a travesty. OP, please send your amp to a competent repair person and find a competent installer to install and set up your equipment.

Julian is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Since when was the gain knob the volume knob? The position of the gain knob is to adjust your noise ceiling so you get less noise.

Refs:
    sefugi x2, S.DeYoung, SteveMead, chillin, rebelfromva, Got160s?, JL Audio , mclerico83, and BIGJEFF64.

IonRL205 is offline DJ h4z4rdes IonRL205 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    You threw away money on that "repair" if he did not replace ALL the MOSFETs. This is total half *** and will very likely fail even if you get your electrical system right I wouldn't trust it. Any alleged amp repair person who does not change out ALL MOSFETs from the same batch of replacement parts is either a scammer or completely incompetent. You were told when you asked who the reliable repair people were.
    It sounds more like ben didn't wanna pay the quoted price to replace all the mosfets, so he cheaped out and just got the 2 bad ones replaced. I don't think it's on the repairer since he quoted the OP a price for it. Whether or not the price is too high or not, the OP still had the chance to ask other people for quotes on the repair to get a better price.

Headunit - Pioneer DEH-P8300UB
    Subs - None
    Sub Amp - 2x Crescendo 3kwp
    Front Stage - Polk Audio db651 Coaxial
    Front Amp - None

Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    Most properly done 15 inch subwoofers are not suited for car audio use simply due to box size requirements.

ace_800 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

I set with DMM and my gain is 3/4's up, voltage is 2.5 and no clipping.

Current set up: Island bombed out 92 mazda 626. Stock rust bucket

66 Pontiac GTO, modified stock radio, Crossfire CFA 302, Kicker KS6.2's in the front kicks, Crossfire CFA 452 for the 6x9's I need.

cdc351jeferson is offline Premium Member cdc351jeferson is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

didnt see it stated what kinda wire and extra batts and such you got . whats your electrical like? also wtf why didnt you send it off to someone who knew how to fix an amp properly

headunit : Sony xab-601bt
    fronts: infinity kappa 60.9's
    box : Bill Fitzmaurice Truck tuba DD 600series 10"
    amp: Kicker zx500.1
    REFS: Bradfordp2612 , Double 07 , NASTY08IMPALA , mzlady

-BenBen- is offline Team L.oud A.s F.u**

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronny View Post
    LOL. If you don't get it, just don't worry about it then.

Benbenondatrack,

Just giving you ****

Although, IMO, your charging system did not suffice with the SAZ-3000D, perhaps if you have a good group 31 battery in the trunk though, then just the H/O alternator you have coming will be needed. But, the more the better of course. Did you check and see what exactly that battery in your trunk is yet? 1ohm as your nominal impedance will certainly cause for some decent current draw. If/when you have that AP amplifier tuned and producing as much clean power as you'll be able to obtain, undoubtedly the SA will be louder, ONCE it has the charging system it needs to produce some powah. Takes power to "make" power; even though the SA is going to be much more efficient than the AP, being that it is twice as powerful there is no way around that.
    There are a bunch of people not too far North of you, hell, send some members in Bloomington, IN some PMs (I'll look in my contacts list for the ones I used to talk to). You'll get a lesson and get what you need. And eventually you ought to grab yourself an O-scope if you plan on getting really far into mobile audio.
    Yea man ill appreciate that alot, thanks.

-My Current Setup-
    Head Unit - Pioneer AVH-P4300
    Sub - Audioque HDC4 15 - 4.0 Cu @33hz (Built By @DBeez ; )
    Amp - American Bass VFL 500.1 (.5 Ohm)
    Front Stage - Stock
    Electrical: 2/0, Big 3, 270 Amp DC Powered Alt. Batts: Coming Soon
    Tuned Low and need Fresh music ? >> http://www.datpiff.com/Team-LAF-Loud-As-Fu-Slowed-Low-Loud-Bangers-mixtape.514065.html <<
    >Team L.A.F.<

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IonRL205 View Post
    It sounds more like ben didn't wanna pay the quoted price to replace all the mosfets, so he cheaped out and just got the 2 bad ones replaced. I don't think it's on the repairer since he quoted the OP a price for it. Whether or not the price is too high or not, the OP still had the chance to ask other people for quotes on the repair to get a better price.
    not true, snoopdan refered me to this guy, so i tried him out. he said more then likely all of the mosfets needed to be replaced, but when i got to the shop, he checked all of them and said only 2 were affected. thats why he only replaced 2. he checked em all

-My Current Setup-
    Front Stage - Stock
    Tuned Low and need Fresh music ? >> http://www.datpiff.com/Team-LAF-Loud-As-Fu-Slowed-Low-Loud-Bangers-mixtape.514065.html <<
    >Team L.A.F.<

cdc351jeferson is offline Premium Member cdc351jeferson is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

not true, snoopdan refered me to this guy, so i tried him out. he said more then likely all of the mosfets needed to be replaced, but when i got to the shop, he checked all of them and said only 2 were affected. thats why he only replaced 2. he checked em all
    whats your electrical like ben

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cdc351jeferson View Post
    didnt see it stated what kinda wire and extra batts and such you got . whats your electrical like? also wtf why didnt you send it off to someone who knew how to fix an amp properly
    big 3, 0 guage from trunk to hood,(Monster) also ill have to look at the battery in my trunk but its big as hell. was a truck battery i believe

-My Current Setup-
    Front Stage - Stock
    >Team L.A.F.<

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

big 3, 0 guage from trunk to hood,(Monster) also ill have to look at the battery in my trunk but its big as hell. was a truck battery i believe
    that amps gonna draw alot of current . should have prolly big batts in the back

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cdc351jeferson View Post
    that amps gonna draw alot of current . should have prolly big batts in the back
    Im getting some soon

-My Current Setup-
    Front Stage - Stock
    >Team L.A.F.<

Dirtrider4eva is offline √\_The CaUsE__

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Find a cheap ac clamp and a dmm. Combine those to see wattages

welcome to
    Where b-stock is the new a-stock
    TEAM WEST

goingdef is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Well seeing as with most amps power drops as as the ohms rise I think you might want to look into this a little more, rise is only a need to know thing if your burping a tone and it has to be the same tone you tested with to find the rise so most find the tone that meters the highest then test for rise and make the appropriate adjustments.

electrical: Optima yellow top X 2 big 3 in monster OFC 1/0g high output alt by maniac electrics
    HU: JVC AVX-77 touch screen
    Front stage: RE XXX 6.5" comps
    front stage amp: Rockford T600.2
    subs: 1 Sundown ZV4 12"
    sub amp: Rockford T2500.1BDCP
    Enclosure: ported (by JayDubb757 )

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

ok guys i guess it was the gain, i turned it up to about maybe 60% and it started coming to life, and i mean loud. i need a way better box but it def. it alot better then the ap 1800 now

-My Current Setup-
    Front Stage - Stock
    >Team L.A.F.<

16. Likes itsblown liked this post
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast