Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Santa's List?

SparkyFord is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Santa's List?

I guess first thing first. Hello everybody. My name is Randy. I am an electrician. Im currently employed as an industrial maintenance technician. Please excuse me for not making my first post in the introductory forum. OK, pleasantries out of the way. I sure could use some help with my Santa List. My wife, er ah "Samta", has promised me a new audio system for my 2007 Jeep Wrangler 2D. I think that I'm a pretty good technician. But I'm clueless about selecting compatible audio components. Would anyone have the time to help me out with my list? I'm looking for a DD Head Unit with all the bells and whistles. Replacing the OE 6.75" speakers with good quality drivers ( fronts are components ). Truck Box sub bolted to the rear gate. And a modest amplification system. I like clean and loud music. And I have a budget of $3K. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Dtrom is offline MAF

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Re: Santa's List?

Pioneer makes great DD head units. As far as speakers look into CDT audio. How much space did you want to use up on your sub stage?

REFS alot

UnderFire is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Pioneer or Kenwood make some of the best Double Dins, as far as speakers go, CDT, Hertz, Focal, Hybrid Audio Technologies (HAT), and Rainbow make very good all around speakers. There are too many variables to list choices for subs and amps, we'll need to know how much space you're willing to give up for subs and amps, and how much power you'll want to run.

97 4runner, 3RZ, 5 Speed

Headunit: Alpine CDA-9887
    Mids: CDT HD-6CF
    Tweets: CDT DRT-25
    Fronts Amp: Hertz HDP4
    Sub Amp: American Bass VFL150.1
    Substage: 18" SSA ZCON
    Electrical: 160 Amp Alt, Duralast Gold, C&D270FR, 2/0 Throughout

gckless is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Hit up @mylows10 ; for CDT if you decide on their speakers. JBL MS-62C is also a good set of budget components. Remember that front stage is highly dependent on install job, so allocate some funds for deadener and things of that sort. Front stage amp will depend on what speakers you choose, what kind of wattage you will want to push them. A 125W 4 channel would probably be fine in this situation, though me personally I like to have bigger and higher quality amps than I probably need. You get more headroom, a cleaner signal, and I just like electronics.

For sub(s), that will depend on how much room you have to give up. Go take some measurements, and see what kind of space you have to work with. Sub amp will be dependent on which subs you choose. Wiring will be dependent on which amps you choose. But a $3k budget is very good. What exactly are your goals for this system? Do you want it to be sound quality based, with very flat response throughout? Or would you like a beefier sub-stage, a little bit more bottom heavy?

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

SparkyFord is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks guys for the comments. As far as the sub goes, the mounting surface is 15" by 30". I'm leaning towards a sealed box to save some space. I currently have no sub right now. So basically anything will be an improvement on what I got. For amplification, I'm thinking in the 100w range. I'm more concerned with quality than quantity. I was thinking of using a 4 channel amp mounted in the OE location under the dash for the front components and the sound bar drivers. . And mounting the Mono amp under the drivers seat. There is actually quite a bit of room in either location. My music style is mostly Rock and Country. But Santa likes a lot of different types of music too. Please keep the comments coming. Thanks again for your help.

Closed Thread