Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Stage one of my system is done

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stage one of my system is done

Hey
    After fighting with my parents i finaly got 1st part of my system done. Seeing my 1st time i just started off small. I got an Eclipse Head Unit and 4 5x7 Fx-8 Bostons. They where a drop in replacement. Sadly i was unable to install it my own since my parents wanted it done by tweeter,they wanted cover by warrenty since im paying car payments also. But when i add my amps and subs ill be doing the work. My system is kind of on the noise side, I believe a nice 4 channel amp could fix it, But im still gona wait and read to understand more to clear the issue. The eclipse head unit really flows with my 2000 mustang and when i get the blue accent neons its just gona flow even more. Wana thank the people for giving the basic card audio site, it has helped me out alot,wish i knew what i knew when i bought the bostons and stuff but its all good learning experence only negative thing i have to report is little too much noise and tiny loss of bass on when i turn it up besides that its clean. I can't wait to get my amps and subs and finish off my system.

Cliffnotes
    ~good~
    System is in
    its clean and flows with car
    The sound is clear
    ~bad~
    Noise on the high end
    Needs an amp
    loss of some bass
    could not install myself
    Last edited by EdrikLongtail; 04-11-2004 at 08:22 AM.

cobra65427289 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Stage one of my system is done

Quote Originally Posted by EdrikLongtail
    Hey
    After fighting with my parents i finaly got 1st part of my system done. Seeing my 1st time i just started off small. I got an Eclipse Head Unit and 4 5x7 Fx-8 Bostons. They where a drop in replacement. Sadly i was unable to install it my own since my parents wanted it done by tweeter,they wanted cover by warrenty since im paying car payments also. But when i add my amps and subs ill be doing the work. My system is kind of on the noise side, I believe a nice 4 channel amp could fix it, But im still gona wait and read to understand more to clear the issue. The eclipse head unit really flows with my 2000 mustang and when i get the blue accent neons its just gona flow even more. Wana thank the people for giving the basic card audio site, it has helped me out alot,wish i knew what i knew when i bought the bostons and stuff but its all good learning experence only negative thing i have to report is little too much noise and tiny loss of bass on when i turn it up besides that its clean. I can't wait to get my amps and subs and finish off my system.

Cliffnotes
    ~good~
    System is in
    its clean and flows with car
    The sound is clear
    ~bad~
    Noise on the high end
    Needs an amp
    loss of some bass
    could not install myself
    from what i know about the speakers they are 2 way. dont expect bass from them. get a couple midbasses and you should be set, along with some loud subs.

al

Fact 1: 79,000,000 people are engaged in intercourse right now.
    Fact 2: 58,000,000 are kissing.
    Fact 3: 37,000,000 are relaxing after having *** .
    Fact 4: 1 lonely bugger is reading forums...- You hang in there sunshine!

EdrikLongtail is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well could u make a suggestion on a good pair of midbass speakers, im still learning and could u explane whats the difference of the 2 way and why i can't get any bass. Because i can trade them in if i don't like them for some around 125 dollar price range.

thanks

mrray13 is offline uz some fegbags

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

generally, boston's are considered a good speaker...

a two way speaker is one speaker with two main parts....a "woofer" for midrange and midbass....and a tweeter to produce highs...higher end Companies have the tweeter moveable so that u can enhance ur staging (the way the highs and lows mix together at whatever point in the vehicle)

also, a oval speaker, 5x7 6x9 4x6, whatever size tend to be less stable then their circular cousins...hence at higher volumes, they distort more leading to a loss of bass response and sound quality

u should also dynamat, edead, brown bread(<<<---ur choice of deadner) around each speaker location to help with the low end

the "noise" u are hearing at the higher volumes could be ur metallic tweeter, if that's what the boston's have. the are generally harsher at higher volumes then a silk or soft dome tweeter. if ur speakers have a soft dome tweeter, start by checking (or having checked) all connections from h/u to speakers....also check that the h/u is properly grounded...if all that is good and u still have noise, have the speakers and h/u looked at...could be something wrong with them

recommendations under $200 for speakers.....
    ....http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/CRYCPE40......
    and
    .....http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/CRYCSC40S....

i'm showing u the 4" to better fit ur stock locations( i think, i don't really know mustangs and what fits) ...but check into the 7" for better low end, they are about the same price

oh yeah..those are componet speakers...the woofer and tweeter are mounted seperately......

these are two way....

http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/CRYCXE464....

and yes, i'm recommending crystal...for the money, u can't beat their sound quality...they are probably the next speakers going in my truck!!

hope that helps.....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by lilmaniac2
    Your circles look like something a HMO doctor would do to a **** job ....
    ^^^ speaking about cbfryman's jigsaw ability

owner of Thread posts 11111 & 12345

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thank you

I went driving and i checked all my connections seems the guy at tweeter forgot to crimp on of the butt connectors. I put it in and i could just feel the bass again. Not much its quite and suddel but its still good. It sounds like they should. Im going wensday to get it fixed (its the princeable of the thing, for the money i dished out) also getting my cd back the installer forgot to take out my cd, i ask them too and they said he suppose to do it anywaz and he did not. So off to fight with tweeter.

Thanks mrray that helped alot, now the only problem is now more and more i read and understand car audio the dummer and dummer i feel for letting my parents convince me to get it install at tweeter ,oh well atlest ill be able to do my subs and amps

mrray13 is offline uz some fegbags

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thank you

I went driving and i checked all my connections seems the guy at tweeter forgot to crimp on of the butt connectors. I put it in and i could just feel the bass again. Not much its quite and suddel but its still good. It sounds like they should. Im going wensday to get it fixed (its the princeable of the thing, for the money i dished out) also getting my cd back the installer forgot to take out my cd, i ask them too and they said he suppose to do it anywaz and he did not. So off to fight with tweeter.

Thanks mrray that helped alot, now the only problem is now more and more i read and understand car audio the dummer and dummer i feel for letting my parents convince me to get it install at tweeter ,oh well atlest ill be able to do my subs and amps

no problem..glad i could help

also, don't get down on urself for having tweeter do the install...the warranty is worth it...well, could be...****, i had my alpine put in just for the extra year of warranty.....as do alot of others on this and other sites

truth is, i'd say 90% of ppl here have most of their stuff put in..except maybe subs and amps..there are exceptions..but i'd still say the majority don't do the work themselves

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by lilmaniac2
    Your circles look like something a HMO doctor would do to a **** job ....
    ^^^ speaking about cbfryman's jigsaw ability

owner of Thread posts 11111 & 12345

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was wondering i have the eclipse head unit # CD3414, If i wanted to change my rears to a good mid range speak for about 100-200 dollars and maybe keep the size of 5x7/6x8 or something close to that. what should i be looking for in a good mid-range speaker? or whats brands . I like the front being the bostons its nice a crisp up front but having them in the back is killing me. Plus i listen to dance,techno,trance so i can't feel the bass and its kind of killing me. Should i wait and see what happens when i power it up with an amp and some 10" subs and work from their or change them? i mean the guy at tweeter had them going and i thought i would have more bass instead of what i had in the room because it was a really good size room they had with speakers and stuff and its just kind of killing me u know? and being 16 and with a tight budget just killing me more.. so any advice to turn this screw up into maybe something better would help me alot

thanks
    ~Tim

someone16 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the only problem is now more and more i read and understand car audio the dummer and dummer i feel for letting my parents convince me to get it install at tweeter
    na dude dun feel bad tweeter does good work imo they installed my system and u can sometimes get good prices on stuff there

like i got my JL 300/4(refurbished but still came wit warrenty) for $300 they are about $330-350 on ebay then u gatta pay shipping

Closed Thread