Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 85

Reload Thread: PoweraAcoustik?

  1. #1
    poweras1's Avatar
    poweras1 is offline Member



    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    PoweraAcoustik?

    I have a 98 chevy astrovan with a sub box for 4 12's and i am wondering if 4 Mofo series would be good with it powered by a gothic series 6000D. Now i have looked at a lot of brands and poweracoustik seems wierd in the price. For 1500 rms most brands would have the price at 400+ but poweracoustik has theirs at 160 or so. Is the rms rating accurate or am i missing something.

    For 4 subs 1.5k each and a amplifier would cost me around $850. Has anyone had any experiences with poweracoustik. Any help would be appreciated.







  2. #2
    -BenBen-'s Avatar
    -BenBen- is offline Team L.oud A.s F.u**



    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    815
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    Re: PoweraAcoustik?

    everybody is going to tell you they **** and look elsewhere. i had a 5500D and it pushed my mtx 9500 15 good tho



    -My Current Setup-
    Head Unit - Pioneer AVH-P4300
    Sub - Audioque HDC4 15 - 4.0 Cu @33hz (Built By @DBeez ; )
    Amp - American Bass VFL 500.1 (.5 Ohm)
    Front Stage - Stock
    Electrical: 2/0, Big 3, 270 Amp DC Powered Alt. Batts: Coming Soon
    Tuned Low and need Fresh music ? >> http://www.datpiff.com/Team-LAF-Loud-As-Fu-Slowed-Low-Loud-Bangers-mixtape.514065.html <<
    >Team L.A.F.<

  3. #3
    jockhater2's Avatar
    jockhater2 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Saukville, WI
    Posts
    2,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

    Re: PoweraAcoustik?

    no there RMS rating is not accurate. the 5500 and 6000 models do about 3200 watts @ 1 ohm.

    as for there new mofos. they are real cheap. the old model was a decent cheap sub.
    but as for the new ones. they are definitely not going to take much more than 500-800 clean watts.



    Head Unit Pioneer P99RS
    3 Runs of 1/0 OFC Power and 3 Runs of 1/0 OFC Ground
    1 XS Power D3400 & 2 XS Power XP3000 with Copper Bus Bars
    380 Amp & 320 Amp Iraggi Alternators(One is a chevy case, the other ford)
    RD 7500.1 running 2 12 inch SPLaudio (AA Mayhem motors/baskets)
    Tuned to 36 hertz. About 4.5 cubic feet, 8" Aeroport (made by dbeez)
    Zed Audio Leviathan III on Morel MDT-29, RS100-4 & RS225-8 Daytons
    Alex Jones www.infowars.com Endgame, Obama Deception, Truth Rising,
    Fluoride in the water, poison in vaccines, chemical trails in the skyglobal
    elite banks run our government towards a one world global government.

  4. #4
    xShoWTeKx's Avatar
    xShoWTeKx is offline Drop Bass Not Bombs



    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Greer S.C.
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,198
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: PoweraAcoustik?

    if that is just a sealed box you would be better off going with 2 12's ported and getting subs and amps worth mentioning.

    ---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by jockhater2 View Post
    no there RMS rating is not accurate. the 5500 and 6000 models do about 3200 watts @ 1 ohm.

    as for there new mofos. they are real cheap. the old model was a decent cheap sub.
    but as for the new ones. they are definitely not going to take much more than 500-800 clean watts.

    they don't come close to 3200 on 12v



    only vid
    http://youtu.be/8NRfhnWAo8o
    mobileaudioforum.com is better than CA.com in every way :o

  5. #5
    chargdbassbuick's Avatar
    chargdbassbuick is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

    Re: PoweraAcoustik?

    the older PAs was built very well. the junk the make nowadays is just that! JUNK!!! id look in budget subs that have excellent reviews. sundown,OA,skar,AQ, just to name a few.



    SOLD TO: bravomaster22,st0n3r,tankdylan001,Glaciersoul, BKNIGHTS, ArabonRadar

    BOUGHT FROM:bizzy07,psychoacoustics, davidtemple, JoeK #guesswho?

    TRADED WITH:

    Quote Originally Posted by jdawg View Post
    all cut, cant find anything good like 7 or 8 years ago, you know the economy is bad when you can find good drugs

  6. Likes ThatChevyGuy liked this post
  7. #6
    gckless's Avatar
    gckless is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,977
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

    Re: PoweraAcoustik?

    Yeah man, you have enough room in that van, go ported. 4 12' or 4 15's will do nicely ported in there. For that price, look into Obsidian Audio for subs. They'd be better than what you're looking at.



    Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

    Dat Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/578701-1999-chevrolet-blazer.html

  8. Likes ThatChevyGuy liked this post
  9. #7
    jockhater2's Avatar
    jockhater2 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Saukville, WI
    Posts
    2,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

    Re: PoweraAcoustik?

    Quote Originally Posted by chargdbassbuick View Post
    the older PAs was built very well. the junk the make nowadays is just that! JUNK!!! id look in budget subs that have excellent reviews. sundown,OA,skar,AQ, just to name a few.
    exactly what I was thinking.
    i owned the old mofo's. they lasted 7 years. they weren't terrible for the price.



    Head Unit Pioneer P99RS
    3 Runs of 1/0 OFC Power and 3 Runs of 1/0 OFC Ground
    1 XS Power D3400 & 2 XS Power XP3000 with Copper Bus Bars
    380 Amp & 320 Amp Iraggi Alternators(One is a chevy case, the other ford)
    RD 7500.1 running 2 12 inch SPLaudio (AA Mayhem motors/baskets)
    Tuned to 36 hertz. About 4.5 cubic feet, 8" Aeroport (made by dbeez)
    Zed Audio Leviathan III on Morel MDT-29, RS100-4 & RS225-8 Daytons
    Alex Jones www.infowars.com Endgame, Obama Deception, Truth Rising,
    Fluoride in the water, poison in vaccines, chemical trails in the skyglobal
    elite banks run our government towards a one world global government.

  10. #8
    poweras1's Avatar
    poweras1 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PoweraAcoustik?

    Well i am looking for a cheap way to push out maybe 4k watts rms out of 4 12's the box is ported. Cheap as in maybe -1500. I need a system that will last long and is reliable. If i get 4 obsidian 12's d2 they would be giving out 2400 rms conservatively. If i get those then i would need a monoblock D class amp with 2500watts?




  11. #9
    jockhater2's Avatar
    jockhater2 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Saukville, WI
    Posts
    2,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

    Re: PoweraAcoustik?

    Quote Originally Posted by poweras1 View Post
    Well i am looking for a cheap way to push out maybe 4k watts rms out of 4 12's the box is ported. Cheap as in maybe -1500. I need a system that will last long and is reliable. If i get 4 obsidian 12's d2 they would be giving out 2400 rms conservatively. If i get those then i would need a monoblock D class amp with 2500watts?
    what is your electrical on the van?
    as in
    upgraded alternator?
    batteries?
    what size wire?


    and if you want loud and cheap. why not get 18s.
    2 AQ HDC3 18s should be louder than 4 12s on 2400rms

    and you can get 2 of those 18s used for about 400 (local pick up) to about 600



    Head Unit Pioneer P99RS
    3 Runs of 1/0 OFC Power and 3 Runs of 1/0 OFC Ground
    1 XS Power D3400 & 2 XS Power XP3000 with Copper Bus Bars
    380 Amp & 320 Amp Iraggi Alternators(One is a chevy case, the other ford)
    RD 7500.1 running 2 12 inch SPLaudio (AA Mayhem motors/baskets)
    Tuned to 36 hertz. About 4.5 cubic feet, 8" Aeroport (made by dbeez)
    Zed Audio Leviathan III on Morel MDT-29, RS100-4 & RS225-8 Daytons
    Alex Jones www.infowars.com Endgame, Obama Deception, Truth Rising,
    Fluoride in the water, poison in vaccines, chemical trails in the skyglobal
    elite banks run our government towards a one world global government.

  12. #10
    xShoWTeKx's Avatar
    xShoWTeKx is offline Drop Bass Not Bombs



    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Greer S.C.
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,198
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: PoweraAcoustik?

    Quote Originally Posted by poweras1 View Post
    Well i am looking for a cheap way to push out maybe 4k watts rms out of 4 12's the box is ported. Cheap as in maybe -1500. I need a system that will last long and is reliable. If i get 4 obsidian 12's d2 they would be giving out 2400 rms conservatively. If i get those then i would need a monoblock D class amp with 2500watts?
    subs do not push watts

    don't look at the rms of a subwoofer and expect it to be louder just because of that. the obsidians are great subs for a great price and will shit on PA in every aspect. what type of box is it that you have i would start there, a good box will get you much much farther than piling subs in to a bad box.



    only vid
    http://youtu.be/8NRfhnWAo8o
    mobileaudioforum.com is better than CA.com in every way :o

  13. #11
    poweras1's Avatar
    poweras1 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PoweraAcoustik?

    i have a second battery and a brand new alternator, wiring im not sure but i wiring isnt a problem. I would go 2 18's but i bought this box dirt cheap locally, 4 12's fiberglassed ported and looks nice. I just looked into mtx and nothing was high enough rms without it being 300+.

    AQ's hdc312 would be good subs 4 of them with 1000rms each. Now for a amplifier their 3.5watt amplifier is a lot of money are there any alternatives.




  14. #12
    gckless's Avatar
    gckless is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,977
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

    Re: PoweraAcoustik?

    Quote Originally Posted by poweras1 View Post
    i have a second battery and a brand new alternator, wiring im not sure but i wiring isnt a problem. I would go 2 18's but i bought this box dirt cheap locally, 4 12's fiberglassed ported and looks nice. I just looked into mtx and nothing was high enough rms without it being 300+.
    Specs on box? Net airspace, tuning



    Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

    Dat Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/578701-1999-chevrolet-blazer.html

  15. #13
    poweras1's Avatar
    poweras1 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PoweraAcoustik?

    We bought the box, put in my truck, which is in the shop for its air bag suspension. so i cant tell you the specs but its big like it is i think 46 inches across and around 30 wide




  16. #14
    bgowdy31's Avatar
    bgowdy31 is offline I GOT LOUD FOR $648



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Campbellsville, Ky
    Posts
    6,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    79
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Re: PoweraAcoustik?

    Quote Originally Posted by poweras1 View Post
    I have a 98 chevy astrovan with a sub box for 4 12's and i am wondering if 4 Mofo series would be good with it powered by a gothic series 6000D. Now i have looked at a lot of brands and poweracoustik seems wierd in the price. For 1500 rms most brands would have the price at 400+ but poweracoustik has theirs at 160 or so. Is the rms rating accurate or am i missing something.

    For 4 subs 1.5k each and a amplifier would cost me around $850. Has anyone had any experiences with poweracoustik. Any help would be appreciated.
    the only 2 power acoustik amps ill use are the BAMF5500d or the A3000db(<-better between the 2)



    MY 95 BLAZER~(HIGHEST SCORE 147+DB 30 SEC MUSIC AVG-BB2400 & 1 HDC3-18 W/STOCK ELEC)
    2 OBSIDIAN V2 18'S ~ 10 CUBES @ 38HZ ~ SOUNDSTREAM TA1.3000D @ .5
    DC 220A ALT ~ 2 AGMS + 1 STOCK BATT ~ 4 RUNS OGA(2 POS & 2 NEG)

    WIFEYS 03 FOCUS SE TRUNK SYSTEM ~ 143+DB 30 SEC MUSIC AVG
    1 KICKER L7 15 ~ 5.6 CUBE @ 38HZ ~ KICKER ZX1000.1 @ 2 OHM
    STOCK ELECTRICAL ~ 1 BATT(YELLOW TOP OPTI) ~ ONLY 6GA WIRE


    2010 FCBC 450 STREET 3RD PLACE & 2011 FCBC 450 STREET CHAMPION
    TEAM UNRESTRICTED ~ MY YOUTUBE CHANNELS-> *bgowdy31 & bgowdy3131*

  17. #15
    bgowdy31's Avatar
    bgowdy31 is offline I GOT LOUD FOR $648



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Campbellsville, Ky
    Posts
    6,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    79
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Re: PoweraAcoustik?

    Quote Originally Posted by jockhater2 View Post
    no there RMS rating is not accurate. the 5500 and 6000 models do about 3200 watts @ 1 ohm.

    as for there new mofos. they are real cheap. the old model was a decent cheap sub.
    but as for the new ones. they are definitely not going to take much more than 500-800 clean watts.
    meh i had a mofo 15 on a sundown 2000d set dmm to 1500rms and it took it pretty well



    MY 95 BLAZER~(HIGHEST SCORE 147+DB 30 SEC MUSIC AVG-BB2400 & 1 HDC3-18 W/STOCK ELEC)
    2 OBSIDIAN V2 18'S ~ 10 CUBES @ 38HZ ~ SOUNDSTREAM TA1.3000D @ .5
    DC 220A ALT ~ 2 AGMS + 1 STOCK BATT ~ 4 RUNS OGA(2 POS & 2 NEG)

    WIFEYS 03 FOCUS SE TRUNK SYSTEM ~ 143+DB 30 SEC MUSIC AVG
    1 KICKER L7 15 ~ 5.6 CUBE @ 38HZ ~ KICKER ZX1000.1 @ 2 OHM
    STOCK ELECTRICAL ~ 1 BATT(YELLOW TOP OPTI) ~ ONLY 6GA WIRE


    2010 FCBC 450 STREET 3RD PLACE & 2011 FCBC 450 STREET CHAMPION
    TEAM UNRESTRICTED ~ MY YOUTUBE CHANNELS-> *bgowdy31 & bgowdy3131*

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum