Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Reload Thread: All American brands?

Shinju is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Re: All American brands?

Quote Originally Posted by gunz4me2 View Post
    Dang, I spoke to them last month when I ordered a new 1508 due to the fact that I no longer have a local Digital Designs dealer. Prior to that Scott Tang answered a lot of my questions. In fact, one of the issues I discussed with Scott Tang a few years back was reconing my 1508s as D4s and reconing my 1010. I ended up keeping my 1508s as S4 due to the fact that I found a 2 ohm stable Power 1000BD for $50 and I just gave my sister the 1010 for her car. Regardless, I always had good luck getting in touch with the folks at DD.

When I got my first set of 1500 series motors reconned about 2 years ago, I was in contact with KADS, always available and responded quickly.

I sent in a request to get another DD 1500 series motor redone and this was 5 months ago... Not one response or a hey we will get back to you email.

List of Ref's Just ask, Shinju on all Car Audio Forums!

Flawless Ebay Feedback User: Shadox2k2

snoopdan is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Dang, I spoke to them last month when I ordered a new 1508 due to the fact that I no longer have a local Digital Designs dealer. Prior to that Scott Tang answered a lot of my questions. In fact, one of the issues I discussed with Scott Tang a few years back was reconing my 1508s as D4s and reconing my 1010. I ended up keeping my 1508s as S4 due to the fact that I found a 2 ohm stable Power 1000BD for $50 and I just gave my sister the 1010 for her car. Regardless, I always had good luck getting in touch with the folks at DD.
    They screwed me over so much that I don't even want to talk about it.

dbeez is online now Supporting Vendor dbeez is a Supporting Member of the forum!

dbeez is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

Same here snoop

2002 suburban
    Security System Code alarm
    Electrical Dc power sp270 7 deka 9A31's and lots of 1/0
    Headunit pioneer 880prs
    Amps 2 Sax125.2 front stage crossfire xs8k@.5
    Wiring lots of 1/0 stinger, tsunami
    Mids & Tweeters 2 sets cdt m6+ mids 2 sets cdt tw25 tweets
    Subs 2-18" nightshade v2's d2
    System DetailsDaily driver.

kat_black181 is offline Car Audio's Only V@gina kat_black181 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

I've been reading through all of this. And you guys have helped me so much. Thanks. :-)

KittyKat
    Subs: 2 12 Incriminator Audio Lethal Injections
    Amp: Hifonics Brutus BRZ1200.1D
    Speakers & Amp: Focal PC 690 & MMATS SQ4100
    Headunit: Eclipse 7200 MKII
    Box: 4 cubes tuned to 32hz

Make some paper wings.And learn to fly.If there's no tomorrow.Burn your paper wings.And say goodbye.

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinju View Post
    When I got my first set of 1500 series motors reconned about 2 years ago, I was in contact with KADS, always available and responded quickly.

I sent in a request to get another DD 1500 series motor redone and this was 5 months ago... Not one response or a hey we will get back to you email.
    KADS has been not been there for a while now.

skylineTT is offline bass=sekz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I'm okay with "assembled in the USA" though.

Refs: Dipitydoo, appollyon, bad95gt, revrider1, jwh1598, ampjunkielikeme, deathpenalty18, ssackett, snoopysnooper, corey0928, SPLAudio, Clifff150, CL1CKCLACK, ShawnT, West + more

Timmy13091 is offline Team DC

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

On that notion, just how exactly are the Camaro and Challenger considered "American" cars since they are assembled in Canada? I blew some local, uneducated, hick's mind after he gave me lip for driving a Japanese car... I asked him to tell me just exactly what was American about his Camaro that was built in Canada other than the name. He couldn't come up with anything other than stuttering...
    Umm.. It's designed tested here.. Also makes the us money..

gunz4me2 is offline Bat Country

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy13091 View Post
    Umm.. It's designed tested here.. Also makes the us money..
    Yeah, but someone on an "American Pride" patriotic kick should understand where his vehicle was assembled before opening his mouth. Then again, there are German, Japanese, and Korean automobiles are assembled in the USA whereas certain GM, Chrysler, and Ford vehicles are assembled in Canada and/or Mexico. I guess I would really blow that local's mind if I told him that a Toyota went to pay more Americans during assembly than his muscle car.

Of course, that is neither here nor there. Like it or not, the economy is GLOBAL now and after seeing the indivuals churned out by today's education system, I don't know if I would want something assembled by them in America. FFS, college kids can't even get my order correct in a restaurant, so I most certainly wouldn't want them working on precision electronics.

I used to swear by old school car audio gear, now I swear at it!

mclerico83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Unless we want to go back to the dollar a watt model I'm sticking with korea and China parts but assembled in America

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

On that notion, just how exactly are the Camaro and Challenger considered "American" cars since they are assembled in Canada? I blew some local, uneducated, hick's mind after he gave me lip for driving a Japanese car... I asked him to tell me just exactly what was American about his Camaro that was built in Canada other than the name. He couldn't come up with anything other than stuttering...
    I agree with you, its pathetic that we cant even produce/ assemble our OWN cars.. Thus being the reason i would not buy one of those new cars. would rather have a true AMERICAN muscle car any day.

wickedwitt is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclerico83 View Post
    made from the us or usa parts also. Sundown builds anything above the sa line in house. whether or not its american parts im not sure. digitial designs would be my choice for subwoofers built here and machined here. mmats would be my choice on amps.
    i thought the 9500 was us made here. i never was a big dd fan. never wanted to pay the price. I always stuck to re audio pre crap and then fi aa ssa. I use to have a sponser acct with cadence so i ran the old cadence beastmaster for a long time which was us made by eminence iirc.

Stupid Loud.

mclerico83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedwitt View Post
    typo on my phone. Thats why I wish this site used taptalk . never act used digital designs before just that they were a forum boner for a while. I have used mmats, cadence, re, and fi pretty extensively in my own setups. A lot of cadence stuff, but I have slowly drifted away from cadence as i am no longer carrying their name and their good stuff i feel is priced above other equivilant products. I do have some of their old stock like 2 a7's, an a5, and my z7000 laying around still . all american products, the first 2 being zed classics

wickedwitt is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

made from the us or usa parts also. Sundown builds anything above the sa line in house. whether or not its american parts im not sure. digitial designs would be my choice for subwoofers built here and machined here. mmats would be my choice on amps.
    i thought the 9500 was us made here. i never was a big dd fan. never wanted to pay the price. I always stuck to re audio pre crap and then fi aa ssa. I use to have a sponser acct with cadence so i ran the old cadence beastmaster for a long time which was us made by eminence iirc.
    typo on my phone. Thats why I wish this site used taptalk . never act used digital designs before just that they were a forum boner for a while. I have used mmats, cadence, re, and fi pretty extensively in my own setups. A lot of cadence stuff, but I have slowly drifted away from cadence as i am no longer carrying their name and their good stuff i feel is priced above other equivilant products. I do have some of their old stock like 2 a7's, an a5, and my z7000 laying around still . all american products, the first 2 being zed classics
    I was just messing w/ ya. Looks like you flip-floppitied on that based on my gross out of context highlighting. I have never seen any DD setups that have impressed me and would never recommend them to anyone for any daily/demo applications. That's just my own opinion for the OP.

Stupid Loud.

murph is offline Low for Life

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Personally I would prefer that for the most part it stay "assembled in America." There are parts that are made better in other countries than the U.S.
    Last edited by murph; 11-15-2012 at 01:59 AM.

Hu: kenwood kdc-x995
    Sub: Boston acoustics G5 12 in a quasi 6th order
    Amp: Phoenix gold zx600.2 ti
    Front Speakers: Eclipse sc6500
    HIT UP FOR BASS ---> http://www.youtube.com/user/BassWithMurph?feature=mhee

Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Kicker

Closed Thread