Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reload Thread: San Antonio/Austin

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

San Antonio/Austin

Looks like I'll be getting orders there within a couple weeks. How's the car audio scene there? How's the cities in general?

I'm hopin to pick up a mid-size SUV, Pathfinder or Explorer or somethin like that, and throw a couple pairs of 15's in there. That's the plan as of now anyway. It would be a slow build, as I have some traveling in mind as well. I need to get back to Thailand.

Time to start tearin the current build apart...

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Re: San Antonio/Austin

been to Austin a couple times, nice place. lots to do, and teh food was great. cool town all together, me even being in college myself, theres a lot of annoying ass kids..

05fronty is offline SALT PETER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

went to college in san antonio and partied on 6th street in austin alot. both are pretty cool. i need to get back actually

bought from ridinhi,vitveet,dbr,sicaudio and 99grandprixgt, and more ........... sold to player3,foomasta69, pitbull, brodiesel and dragnix 12887 traded with louisiana crx

"noobs that come in the dome will get gang raped!"
    nothing but a stock fosgate system with gps and back up camera lol
    2012 nissan sentra spec v with some goodies cumming though

DoesDad is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Stayed in San Antonio last year for work for 4 months. I liked it a lot. It's VERY Mexican... Texas in general is pretty Hispanic but San Antonio took it to another level. I heard a lot of bass pretty much everywhere I went. And my brother in law lives in Austin. I love Austin! Great party scene and cool hippy chicks.

04silverz is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Both cities are pretty sweet. SA is very Hispanic as mentioned, though so are parts of Austin. Traffic in Austin is a bit<h from what I hear these days. Austin is a true melting pot of all walks of life.

I'm trying like hell to get back to one of those two cities

refs (from sounddomain):gerald, resonant18, puppettmaster, steedaSVT, george diaz, minimum 40, blaze1foo, negative3five
    ca.com: foxpro5, cd6551, dgr00s, 95stroked1500, 00maxima, vipervenom18, alxmlr789, Killa Camry, GA95DCMSS, cyoung88, grimreper912003, 6spdcoupe, kraudio12, MHd2000, king nothing, stephens30228, mclerico83, hip3, mylows10, fieryhooligan, plyer3, 2lo2flo, trumpet, stereohead69, 99_olds_aurora

diyma: bikinpunk, funkPnut, dman, joehemi57

CACO:coolysteve, etznova, Nori808, lowbass, edouble101, p928gts1, rdlyn13000

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DoesDad View Post
    Stayed in San Antonio last year for work for 4 months. I liked it a lot. It's VERY Mexican... Texas in general is pretty Hispanic but San Antonio took it to another level. I heard a lot of bass pretty much everywhere I went. And my brother in law lives in Austin. I love Austin! Great party scene and cool hippy chicks.
    I worked down there the first 5 months of this year in the Eagleford Shale. Yes, SA is major Hispanic and everything from there west and south to Laredo, I declare Texaco..

"Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Good to hear. Any regular car shows down there? I've heard a trip down to Austin is worth it too.

15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 05fronty View Post
    went to college in san antonio and partied on 6th street in austin alot. both are pretty cool. i need to get back actually
    lol I was so close to going to UCA in Conway for football. Ended up in Oklahoma though, it's beautiful there.

But OP, you got Heatwave. That's all you need, and 6th street is fun as hell

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 04murdalanche View Post
    lol I was so close to going to UCA in Conway for football. Ended up in Oklahoma though, it's beautiful there.

Didn't know about Heatwave. Is that a CA event or a music festival? I know they have SXSW in Austin, definitely going to check that out. I need to get down to 6th street too. Anyone I have asked about Austin mentions that.

05fronty is offline SALT PETER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 04murdalanche View Post

nice conway is a pretty sweet town though. 3 colleges here and many hotties, just too bad i'm married. also second on the texas heatwave,

bought from ridinhi,vitveet,dbr,sicaudio and 99grandprixgt, and more ........... sold to player3,foomasta69, pitbull, brodiesel and dragnix 12887 traded with louisiana crx

"noobs that come in the dome will get gang raped!"
    nothing but a stock fosgate system with gps and back up camera lol
    2012 nissan sentra spec v with some goodies cumming though

cdc351jeferson is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

i live ne of austin in a small town called hutto about 15mins from austin . austin is cool has it s bad parts but its overall a cool place to live . i just got back into car audio not to long ago so i dont know alot of shows or people who are into it here.

headunit : Sony xab-601bt
    fronts: infinity kappa 60.9's
    box : Bill Fitzmaurice Truck tuba DD 600series 10"
    amp: Kicker zx500.1
    REFS: Bradfordp2612 , Double 07 , NASTY08IMPALA , mzlady

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 05fronty View Post
    nice conway is a pretty sweet town though. 3 colleges here and many hotties, just too bad i'm married. also second on the texas heatwave,
    Boy was there ever, I went on three visits up there, saw a bunch of cuties.

I wanna go so bad this year, hopefully football doesn't get in the way like last year, I was so pissed lol

tprj82 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

not a bad area, lot of rivers to float in the summer between them

2006 Bass Race 149.9 World Finals 2nd place

My references

-BenBen- is offline Team L.oud A.s F.u**

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Austin is great, killeen and round rock also.. never been to san antonio. but will be moving back to killeen soon. dallas is nice too

-My Current Setup-
    Head Unit - Pioneer AVH-P4300
    Sub - Audioque HDC4 15 - 4.0 Cu @33hz (Built By @DBeez ; )
    Amp - American Bass VFL 500.1 (.5 Ohm)
    Front Stage - Stock
    Electrical: 2/0, Big 3, 270 Amp DC Powered Alt. Batts: Coming Soon
    Tuned Low and need Fresh music ? >> http://www.datpiff.com/Team-LAF-Loud-As-Fu-Slowed-Low-Loud-Bangers-mixtape.514065.html <<
    >Team L.A.F.<

cdc351jeferson is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

killeen is the butthole of texas

headunit : Sony xab-601bt
    fronts: infinity kappa 60.9's
    box : Bill Fitzmaurice Truck tuba DD 600series 10"
    amp: Kicker zx500.1
    REFS: Bradfordp2612 , Double 07 , NASTY08IMPALA , mzlady