Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reload Thread: San Antonio/Austin

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Re: San Antonio/Austin

Flew in Saturday night. Damn it's warm here! Now I just need to figure out how to buy a vehicle from owner....

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/578701-1999-chevrolet-blazer.html

cdc351jeferson is offline Premium Member cdc351jeferson is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    Flew in Saturday night. Damn it's warm here! Now I just need to figure out how to buy a vehicle from owner....
    welcome back to texas man

headunit : Sony xab-601bt
    fronts: infinity kappa 60.9's
    box : ORIGINAL STARR MOUNTAIN SOUND NUTHUGGER
    REFS: Bradfordp2612 , Double 07 , NASTY08IMPALA , mzlady

myjaja is offline Audioque

San Antonio, Tx Posts: 143,632 _____<^>*_*<^>_____
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Welcome back to a hot and humid city where winter only lasts a couple of weeks. lol

Refs: sbcaprice305, mattmcss, systembumping, LeofromtheH, audiobahnuser18, stishdr, wcarson8911, jnoel, mr_kebo, 93 saturn sl2

HU: Home stereo converted to dc
    Speakers: Stock
    Subs: 6 1/2 home sub
    Amp: off the stereo
    Wiring: extended power cord
    neon lights: Christmas lights duct taped to frame

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Oh not back, first time I've been here. Well, except for a couple weeks before.

15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/578701-1999-chevrolet-blazer.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myjaja View Post
    Welcome back to a hot and humid city where winter only lasts a couple of weeks. lol
    I'm used to humid, and this isn't anything. I just came from Okinawa

Is there a decent shop around here, hopefully with a decent showroom? I'm just looking to go and look around, see some setups and listen to some mids and loud vehicles. Or are shows my best bet?

wickedwitt is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

It's not the greatest, but not bad either. You definitely need to hit the audio shops up and show them up once you get your stuff. I love doing that when I'm down, they are all clueless. West of the base is pretty decent, NE and South SA are bleh. You always have me to hang out w/ when we're down visiting family.

Stupid Loud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Is there a decent shop around here, hopefully with a decent showroom? I'm just looking to go and look around, see some setups and listen to some mids and loud vehicles. Or are shows my best bet?
    LOL Just saw this after posting. All the shops there are retarded man. MTX Thunder 9500 are the LOUDEST SUBS EVAR MADE! EVAR! according to one. Been a while since I've actually been in one, but I was louder than all advertising builds they had back when I had the Xs on 3k.

Stupid Loud.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedwitt View Post
    It's not the greatest, but not bad either. You definitely need to hit the audio shops up and show them up once you get your stuff. I love doing that when I'm down, they are all clueless. West of the base is pretty decent, NE and South SA are bleh. You always have me to hang out w/ when we're down visiting family.
    I'd definitely be down to listen to your ride and/or grab a beer. Let me know when you're down here.

Durango03 is offline Enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

got orders to go to Ft. Sam Houston? Pretty nice place... Stayed there for 6 months. The riverwalk is pretty sweet, but you will blow a paycheck on booze QUICK.. best to limit your riverwalk time, landed me in jail...

HeadUnit: sold Front Stage: 6.5 skar vxi65 + IA i65c + DB drive pro tweets Highs Amp: sold Sub Stage: all sold Sub Amp: sold Box: Wall @ ~30cu.ft. Electrical: 100ft 2/0 welding wire + 75ft 1/0 Audio Technix + 2 C&D 140's
    Deadener: 100sq.ft. Audio Technix 60mil

References (sold, bought): Winkychevelle, SKARaudio x2, Patthehat033, Mazdakid, Ten_ton_bass, GAMEOVERCCA, Horsemanwill, Boomsday, Zellner, g6ryder x2, Moble Enclosurs (Box design), Goodstuff, Bread0710, dgaf, Cat Man, and many more (MAF, CACO, & ebay references available as well [110+ transactions])

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Durango03 View Post
    got orders to go to Ft. Sam Houston? Pretty nice place... Stayed there for 6 months. The riverwalk is pretty sweet, but you will blow a paycheck on booze QUICK.. best to limit your riverwalk time, landed me in jail...
    Nah, I'm working at the Texas Cryptologic Center. And I noticed how expensive it was down there :/ Reminds me of the scene from 40 Year Old Virgin:

"It's pretty packed in here tonight!"
    "Yeah, it's $9 beer night."

cdc351jeferson is offline Premium Member cdc351jeferson is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Custom sounds is ok think there's one in sa they hug Rockford and tho

headunit : Sony xab-601bt
    fronts: infinity kappa 60.9's
    box : ORIGINAL STARR MOUNTAIN SOUND NUTHUGGER
    REFS: Bradfordp2612 , Double 07 , NASTY08IMPALA , mzlady

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

I'd definitely be down to listen to your ride and/or grab a beer. Let me know when you're down here.
    Will do. I don't typically take the truck but I'll bring it down sometime for a demo day.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdc351jeferson View Post
    Custom sounds is ok think there's one in sa they hug Rockford and tho
    I'd love to go show them what I've done now, Rockford and all. BTW I hug RF come at me bro.

Stupid Loud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

How long have you been here? Just wait until summer starts.

Not that I know of. All of the shops that I know basically just sell mainstream equipment. Theres a shop called JC's and he usually hosts some shows.

Refs: sbcaprice305, mattmcss, systembumping, LeofromtheH, audiobahnuser18, stishdr, wcarson8911, jnoel, mr_kebo, 93 saturn sl2

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myjaja View Post
    How long have you been here? Just wait until summer starts.

Not that I know of. All of the shops that I know basically just sell mainstream equipment. Theres a shop called JC's and he usually hosts some shows.
    About a week and a half.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedwitt View Post
    LOL Just saw this after posting. All the shops there are retarded man. MTX Thunder 9500 are the LOUDEST SUBS EVAR MADE! EVAR! according to one. Been a while since I've actually been in one, but I was louder than all advertising builds they had back when I had the Xs on 3k.
    Sounds like a guy I know. He's very obsessed with his mtx 9500 10's. Im trying to switch him over to the dark side, I mean the underground side.

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

About a week and a half.
    Then you haven't seen anything yet. lol

16. Likes gckless liked this post
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast