Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Noise

Loudmp5 is offline skyhigh&banginlow

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Noise

Is this because my speaker wire is next to my power wire? only on driver side and WAY louder when motor is running?

Mobile Uploads :: VID-20121108-00020.mp4 video by Thorenmck1nley - Photobucket

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms,An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject,Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.,Gun control is not about guns; it's about control,You only have the rights you are willing to fight for,Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety,You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive,Assault is a behavior, not a device,64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday,All Rights Reserved,The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others,What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?,guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)

Re: Noise

maybe

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

on the passenger side away from the power wire, driver side is where the power wires run

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms,An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject,Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.,Gun control is not about guns; it's about control,You only have the rights you are willing to fight for,Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety,You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive,Assault is a behavior, not a device,64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday,All Rights Reserved,The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others,What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?,guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)

yea you need to get them away from the power and grounds

ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

**** and i just re wired it all (wrong) lol i shoulda known thx got another long *** job lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)

what i do is pull the front seats out then run my wires ,it's easy that way

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Ya im going to have to i just ran underneath the carpet but beside the seat but it will have to go over towards passanger side so im going to have to while im at it im going to get better wire all i have is 16 awg now lol trying to find some used 12 about 60 ft

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

could it be my amp rca input on the lest side or prob not? I just got this amp so idk if that could happen or not i am waiting on a paypal payment to clear so i can buy some 12 awg and redo it i dont want to do it now and then again once i get the wire

maylar is offline Electrical Weenie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Speaker lines are very low impedance and not usually susceptable to picking up noise. Sometimes tweeter wiring will pick up whine but it's really rare. I would look at RCA cables first... try swapping them for starters.

dave
    ----------
    1999 Buick Park Ave Ultra
    Head Unit: JVC KWHDR720
    EQ: Audiocontrol EQL
    Front Stage: Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine 5.25 mids, Morel Maximo tweets
    Sub Stage: Boston G3 10", 0.5 cu ft sealed
    Amp: PPI Phantom 900.4
    Rear Fill: Boston SE953 6X9's

Kangaroux is offline I put on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maylar View Post
    Speaker lines are very low impedance and not usually susceptable to picking up noise. Sometimes tweeter wiring will pick up whine but it's really rare. I would look at RCA cables first... try swapping them for starters.
    This. RCA's are most affected because their signal is amplified, so even small amounts of noise can become obvious. Also check your grounds

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

but it is only on the driver side when i switch them like left to right, right to left same thing driver side

Closed Thread