Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Reload Thread: Am I the only one

Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Re: Am I the only one

Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    Hey man, don'tchyea know, bigger the better my friend.

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bettr n' Revrse View Post
    Come at my 8" bro!

How the fvck do you mount that thing?! I'm going to assume inverted is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post

How the fvck do you mount that thing?! I'm going to assume inverted is the only way.
    Inverted or split baffle

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)

TaylorFade is offline I fail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)

I haz beefy 8 too! No need to invert or split baffle for me.

These 10's are for teh wimenz too, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    TaylorFail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    Taylorfail, v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    tailorFail v.3
    Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    TaylorFail v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    TaylorWin v.1?

5. Likes Joe89 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorFade View Post
    I haz beefy 8 too! No need to invert or split baffle for me.

These 10's are for teh wimenz too, I suppose.

Pussy shit Gardner!

Western Rep.

mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

I like 15's....in my doors

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know 10s/ 12s can get loud, im talking about the visual appeal of the subs, and what you would assume mentaly. Im far from uneducated aswell. I dont like people who make rude sidways comments online either, cause i know for a fact you wouldnt say no of that to my face. Skar? Heard of em, never heard them btw..I heard they are called Skam though, so i kinda want to find out why. enough people are claiming bad things happen with that company so i have not looked into the product too much..and on top of that i have been happy with my fi subs, and american bass..
    I think what you're trying to say is smaller subs don't look as impressive to the uneducated eye; mainly because of all the teenage hype about 15s and rapper's showing off their 15" L7's and singing about their Alpines "in da trunk." I know what you're saying though.

In regards to what I see on a regular basis, I personally am more impressed by other factors. If I see two flashy plastic cone subs labeled with "xxxWATTS Peak" in big letters sitting in a pre-fab sealed box I probably won't be impressed. If I see a Wal-Mart amp unmounted with a tangled wiring mess I'm probably not going to be impressed either. If I see a brand I know nothing about I'll get curious and probably do a little research to see if they're gold or garbage. If I see somewhat uncommon, but often liked equipment brands such as "DD, Sundown, Audioque, Fi, Audiopipe, Image Dynamics, etc..." I'll likely be impressed. By then end of the day, the size of the sub really doesn't mean much to me. If you're trying to impress people the first thing I would do would just be to make it look nice. Mount your amp, hide the wires, and dust your stuff off and you're much more likely to get a "wow" from just looking. At the end of the day though, untrained eyes are often impressed by shear size, so yes, in identical setups, when showing highschool kids, without actually turning it on, yes, I would say a bigger sub is more likely to impress somebody.

9. Likes -BenBen- liked this post
    -BenBen- is offline Team L.oud A.s F.u**

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Bingo. You hit the nail on the head
    Quote Originally Posted by budgetkiller View Post
    I think what you're trying to say is smaller subs don't look as impressive to the uneducated eye; mainly because of all the teenage hype about 15s and rapper's showing off their 15" L7's and singing about their Alpines "in da trunk." I know what you're saying though.

In regards to what I see on a regular basis, I personally am more impressed by other factors. If I see two flashy plastic cone subs labeled with "xxxWATTS Peak" in big letters sitting in a pre-fab sealed box I probably won't be impressed. If I see a Wal-Mart amp unmounted with a tangled wiring mess I'm probably not going to be impressed either. If I see a brand I know nothing about I'll get curious and probably do a little research to see if they're gold or garbage. If I see somewhat uncommon, but often liked equipment brands such as "DD, Sundown, Audioque, Fi, Audiopipe, Image Dynamics, etc..." I'll likely be impressed. By then end of the day, the size of the sub really doesn't mean much to me. If you're trying to impress people the first thing I would do would just be to make it look nice. Mount your amp, hide the wires, and dust your stuff off and you're much more likely to get a "wow" from just looking. At the end of the day though, untrained eyes are often impressed by shear size, so yes, in identical setups, when showing highschool kids, without actually turning it on, yes, I would say a bigger sub is more likely to impress somebody.

-My Current Setup-
    Head Unit - Pioneer AVH-P4300
    Sub - Audioque HDC4 15 - 4.0 Cu @33hz (Built By @DBeez ; )
    Amp - American Bass VFL 500.1 (.5 Ohm)
    Front Stage - Stock
    Electrical: 2/0, Big 3, 270 Amp DC Powered Alt. Batts: Coming Soon
    Tuned Low and need Fresh music ? >> http://www.datpiff.com/Team-LAF-Loud-As-Fu-Slowed-Low-Loud-Bangers-mixtape.514065.html <<
    >Team L.A.F.<

mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by budgetkiller View Post

I agree, but only for the uninformed as they have NO idea what's good and what isn't, so size/more subs is what they think is the loudest.

Being from Chitown you must see plenty of 8 12's crammed in a trunk set ups and crap like that.

Montana is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Ben, I bet you'd have a chubby for the JackHammer.

jdawg90 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

haha benben is such a fag

14. Likes Devil Tiger, gckless liked this post
    UnderFire is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

I always prefer to use the least amount of subs possible to fill the space, if I have room for an 18, I'll use an 18, not 4 12's or 6 10's or any stupid number of subs.

97 4runner, 3RZ, 5 Speed

Headunit: Alpine CDA-9887
    Mids: CDT HD-6CF
    Tweets: CDT DRT-25
    Fronts Amp: Hertz HDP4
    Sub Amp: American Bass VFL150.1
    Substage: 18" SSA ZCON
    Electrical: 160 Amp Alt, Duralast Gold, C&D270FR, 2/0 Throughout

16. Likes BoomBoxStereo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UnderFire View Post
    I always prefer to use the least amount of subs possible to fill the space, if I have room for an 18, I'll use an 18, not 4 12's or 6 10's or any stupid number of subs.
    I use 16 sets of 6x9 Kickers for my bass, i got daCray box I bought on CL, just filled the holes for the 12s that were in it with plywood and nails, and cut some spots for my 6x9 beasts.

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

I could reread this thread about 30 times and laugh each time. Shit never gets old.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    I could reread this thread about 30 times and laugh each time. Shit never gets old.
    That's why I did some grave diggin.

Every time Ben stirs sh*t up, I bring up this thread.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast