Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: Do Not Buy

will3 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Do Not Buy

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger View Post
    Ive had atomic. the product was shipped to me quickly and I didnt have any issues. in fact im considering running them again in my new build. the problem is that op talked to wu and not randy. dont ever talk to wu or his stupid azz wife. if he or she picks up the phone then hang up.

You sir are wise beyond your years,
    have dealt with randy for years never had a problem he wouldn't fix

2. Likes RangerDangerV2 liked this post

VWGolfMKVI is online now StarrMountainSoundNutHugr

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by will3 View Post
    Why would a shop send a sub back to Atomic ( unless it was dropped), if they can't just recone an SJA built 12 spoke run of the mill driver they don't need to be running a shop
    For warranty issues the manufacturer wants the sub back in order to warranty their product. They are not gonna send a recone kit to the dealer and warranty the product.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger View Post
    Ive had atomic. the product was shipped to me quickly and I didnt have any issues. in fact im considering running them again in my new build. the problem is that op talked to wu and not randy. dont ever talk to wu or his stupid azz wife. if he or she picks up the phone then hang up.
    Randy was the original person we dealt with and then Wu got involved. Randy did everything he could to help but Wu had a stick up his ***.

RangerDangerV2 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Randy is the bro. Ive said that before and I will always say it. It isnt even wu's company really... it WAS randy's dad's but wu bought part of it. I really do hope that randy buys it back because he really is the bro.

GLN305 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I made the mistake in calling Atomic to see if I could get product as a consumer since there were/are no shops anywhere close to me. Randy was rude, blew me off and didn't even make a minute to talk to me, said he would call me back and hung up without taking my number. Tried calling back and it was permabusy...

RangerDangerV2 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GLN305 View Post
    I made the mistake in calling Atomic to see if I could get product as a consumer since there were/are no shops anywhere close to me. Randy was rude, blew me off and didn't even make a minute to talk to me, said he would call me back and hung up without taking my number. Tried calling back and it was permabusy...
    what would you do if you had pro's and distributors on 15 other lines? I wouldnt talk to you if I had more important people to talk to...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VWGolfMKVI View Post
    For warranty issues the manufacturer wants the sub back in order to warranty their product. They are not gonna send a recone kit to the dealer and warranty the product.
    They did me for years as a dealer , if you had a warranty issue, i would get the recones on the next order and recone them free of charge if it fell under the warranty terms and time period.

Ronny is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Juicee View Post
    Thats 5hitty bro... I was always under the impression Atomic had some decent CS. Did your dealer do anything to tick him off other than check in to see when he could get what you wanted??
    Nah, Atomic is absolutely positively the WORST lack thereof company and all out POS of a place that I have ever dealt with. I cannot believe they are still in business.
    They still have a warrantied 5kW amplifier of mine that they have yet to send back. How long has it been fellas? 19 months! After giving them hell for 6 months, then them telling me to pay $800 dollars for this "warrantied" 5k, I gave up. They waited 6 months to tell me to pay for a **** new amplifier? I have given up there, I feel like they stole my **** amplifier from me. I asked to ship it back even, in non-operational condition in that I'll just repair it, but they lie and state it's been fixed already (with a brand new BOARD!) Nope, they didn't tell me they were going to charge me to repair/replace the darn thing. They are simply lying clearly, what company would do something that would charge a customer $800 before telling them that they are getting charged at all to begin with. I want my **** non-operational 5k back. I even gave them a second chance because a customer/friend really wanted to run their APX 12" drivers, sure, they're decent woofers, but after he smoked the pair on a 7kW burp at a show, they out of nowhere added $60 to each recone, even though that was the first thing I had checked on before ordering for the customer. Unfortunately I couldn't help my customer/friend out much, as Atomic told me to stop essentially stop annoying them. LOL.

All you can do is laugh at such a POS company. They **** donkey balls. It's funny, they had me so well taken care of when I used their equipment and competed heavily, shortly after they gave me the cold shoulder.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Like I said man, they are more concerned with overseas than US dealers. Fuck Atomic. Wu can suck a dick

groundpound4200 is offline Da fuq did I just read?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denim View Post
    I enjoyed when RD was trying to pass off the mis-matched slugs.
    More BL yo!

2007 Honda Pilot 2008 Nissan Maxima
    2 RD D9s strapped @ 1 ohm Sundown SAZ-1500D V.3
    2 Sundown Nightshade V.2s 2 10" Atomic APX
    Sundown SAX-125.2 x 2 Sundown SAX-100.4
    Sundown NeoPro 6.5"s, JL ZR Tweets Sundown NeoPros

RIP Taylor aka NewAgeKing, you are missed!

tjamz is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Juicee View Post
    Thats 5hitty bro... I was always under the impression Atomic had some decent CS. Did your dealer do anything to tick him off other than check in to see when he could get what you wanted??
    I'll fill in the back story here. I had some complaints that I addressed privately w/ George Wu and Randy (the national account manager.... I have no issues with Randy, he's just doing his job here). In there I complained that we never get any two woofers that look the same (different cones, different color baskets, etc...) and that it sometimes feels like they just slap whatever they have together whether they are the right parts or not and just ship them out.

Brought up a specific case where we were working on putting together a finals vehicle and we needed 4 more AP-8's to go with the 4 we already had, George assured me that he could custom build some MA-8's that would work in the same enclosure at the same time as the AP-8's (never mind that just about everything except the basket is different about them). I told him to never mind and we will rebuild the entire system with something else.... but I ordered a pair of the "enhanced" MA-8's just to try them out. Just for shits we went and put one of the MA-8's in a system that had a pair of AP-8's in it already.... low and behold the system got quieter by a couple dB and was WAAAAAY more non-linear. I mentioned in the email that I told him that this is exactly what would happen and that I thought the vendors were supposed to be teaching the dealers not the other way around...

I also griped that it's hard to sell their line if their entire Apocalypse line is out of stock for 3 months at a time.

Basically I pointed out some issues I was having with their organization and asked what their plans were to remedy the situation going forward.

Next thing you know I get an email and a paypal refund saying they dropped Trafik Jamz as a dealer... I called to see what was up with that and they said well dude, we can process your order but you get zero warranty on it...

Long story short: George Wu can go f#ck himself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why would a shop send a sub back to Atomic ( unless it was dropped), if they can't just recone an SJA built 12 spoke run of the mill driver they don't need to be running a shop
    Recone kits cost more than shipping from Atomic and they absolutely will NOT just send one out to warranty a sub. I tried asking for that and their response was "but how do we know the sub is even bad if we don't get it back"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    Recone kits cost more than shipping from Atomic and they absolutely will NOT just send one out to warranty a sub. I tried asking for that and their response was "but how do we know the sub is even bad if we don't get it back"
    For some reason it seems like they didn't like you very much, but I never tried to get the recones warrantied,but I was never billed for them, I always had them tagged along with my orders so i never paid shipping for a recone.
    My biggest concern about dealing with west coast companys is just about always warranty and freight, and i did express those concerns long before we ever became a dealer to randy, and we worked out the details for freight, warranty, etc. because flat out if they couldn't work with me on those issues I would not of even considered dealing with them at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For some reason it seems like they didn't like you very much, but I never tried to get the recones warrantied,but I was never billed for them, I always had them tagged along with my orders so i never paid shipping for a recone.
    My biggest concern about dealing with west coast companys is just about always warranty and freight, and i did express those concerns long before we ever became a dealer to randy, and we worked out the details for freight, warranty, etc. because flat out if they couldn't work with me on those issues I would not of even considered dealing with them at all.
    I never tried to get recones warrantied either. The ONLY way that they have ever allowed warranties in the past 5 years that I've worked with them was if the dealer sent them back to Atomic for warranty, they would then charge shipping back to the dealer for the subs as well. Once there it was at their discretion to warranty the subwoofer (I never had any real issues other than getting a sub shipped back with the wrong impedance coils.... and them being out of soft parts to warranty products on another occasion).

Recones for an AP-8 cost $80 + shipping by the way, so even though it costs me $25/sub each way to ship from ND to CA ($50 total) it was still less expensive than buying a recone kit.

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

This should be in the "review" or "feedback" section.

I think there are many good and bad reviews of almost every company out there though.

OP- The owner of the shop may not have helped your situation. There may be more to the situation then you know, not that it makes what happened right at all.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast