Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Found some new old school equipment in my storage unit. Par245 kickr ss56.2 . Good?

TypeR0149 is offline Medical School Dropout

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Found some new old school equipment in my storage unit. Par245 kickr ss56.2 . Good?

I was going to my air conditioned storage unit and I came across some old school car audio stuff, I want to know if they're still good by today's standards if I can use them and what there worth.

First up par245
    I was thinking of using it. It's brand new, never been installed

Next up are a set of new kicker ss56.2

Of I also found some 6.5" dls iridium woofers

Refs: Shawn Fleming, TeamPSI david, TreyE, Toaster, raisden305, xploit, pistonfan70, Whitson01

Montana is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Re: Found some new old school equipment in my storage unit. Par245 kickr ss56.2 . Goo

Haha, that briefcase for the speakers; CLASSIC.

UnderFire is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Re: Found some new old school equipment in my storage unit. Par245 kickr ss56.2 . Goo

Wow that's some good stuff. I would definitely use those DLS Mids. the PPI is a bit outdated since it's a 5 band but the 10V outs and clipping indicator are nice, I'd keep it new. The Kicker speakers are pretty cool, but I'd sell them.

97 4runner, 3RZ, 5 Speed

Headunit: Alpine CDA-9887
    Mids: CDT HD-6CF
    Tweets: CDT DRT-25
    Fronts Amp: Hertz HDP4
    Sub Amp: American Bass VFL150.1
    Substage: 18" SSA ZCON
    Electrical: 160 Amp Alt, Duralast Gold, C&D270FR, 2/0 Throughout

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UnderFire View Post
    Wow that's some good stuff. I would definitely use those DLS Mids. the PPI is a bit outdated since it's a 5 band but the 10V outs and clipping indicator are nice, I'd keep it new. The Kicker speakers are pretty cool, but I'd sell them.
    Hell,Id run all that chit!!!Id run that eq any day of the week,and id throw those Kickers in the mix up front and run at a 2ohm load,if not....sell those jokers to me!!Ive got an air conditioned inside storage in my home with some Old School Goodies/a dedicated room:santa
    Attachment 26536756Attachment 26536757Attachment 26536758Attachment 26536759Attachment 26536760Attachment 26536761
    Last pic is when I had them on the floor in the front living room,Choices Choices! I love taking time and swapping amps from time to time..I also have a nice Gun collection,my second enjoyed stress reliever..lol

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TypeR0149 View Post
    I was going to my air conditioned storage unit and I came across some old school car audio stuff, I want to know if they're still good by today's standards if I can use them and what there worth.

First up par245
    I was thinking of using it. It's brand new, never been installed

Next up are a set of new kicker ss56.2

Of I also found some 6.5" dls iridium woofers

Id use everything in an install if i could.Those 6.5 are pretty rare, and should really sound amazing in a 3way active set up.That eq is all but a great piece no doubt,Id use it! Kickers are and have been some of the best ever made to date in my opinion.Run them with those 6.5 dls in an active 3 way set up, and be envied,lol.Id throw an old school alpine duo-b 3525/3541 at 2ohms on that set up..be clean, and loud as hell!

BassAddictJ is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UnderFire View Post

ah contrare.....

I love my par-245...have 2 actually The 5 band is parametic on every band, MOST half din eq's you find are not parametic. The clipping indicator is major help too. MSRP was like 400-500 on these back in the day. Want to say they were made 1996-2000 or 2001. I've used many half din EQ's, hands down my fav.

Funny enough is I've used the DLS IR1 and IR3, loved them as well. Really cool find many. You can do some cool SQ stuff with the right install on these. Dont sell them, use them!!

Team American Power Systems
    Pioneer Avic N5 Navi + CD-UB100 USB Adapter. RARE Circa 1996 PPI Ax606.2 in BLACK (1 of 400ish made) with 2 rare black graphic spacers.
    CDT DRT-25 1'' Silk Dome Tweeters / CDT ES-04 4'' Midranges / RE Audio XXX 6.5'' 2ohm Neo Mids In Glassed Kick Pods
    American Power Systems 240amp H.O. Alty / (2) Deka 8a31, 1/0 front to back.
    Unknown Prototype 3k @ 1ohm. TRF/PSI 8 layer 4in coil hybrid beast in 3 cubs @ 33Hz / Raammat 40sqft in the trunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunz View Post
    You could put 12V to my balls and clamp my dick to get 3kW+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
    Glad this got bumped so I could fap to it again.

UnderFire is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BassAddictJ View Post
    ah contrare.....

I love my par-245...have 2 actually The 5 band is parametic on every band, MOST eq's you find are not parametic. The clipping indicator is major help too. MSRP was like 400-500 on these back in the day. Want to say they were made 1996-2000 or 2001. I've used many half din EQ's, hands down my fav.

Funny enough is I've used the DLS IR1 and IR3, loved them as well. Really cool find many. You can do some cool SQ stuff with the right install on these. Dont sell them, use them!!
    Oops I didn't realize that it was a parametric EQ, I'd run that any day of week!

97 4runner, 3RZ, 5 Speed

Headunit: Alpine CDA-9887
    Mids: CDT HD-6CF
    Tweets: CDT DRT-25
    Fronts Amp: Hertz HDP4
    Sub Amp: American Bass VFL150.1
    Substage: 18" SSA ZCON
    Electrical: 160 Amp Alt, Duralast Gold, C&D270FR, 2/0 Throughout

mr b is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Are you still selling the Par 245? How much are you looking to get?

Closed Thread