Closed Thread

Reload Thread: starting a new build some random and already said information needed

bond1254 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

starting a new build some random and already said information needed

First hi im new and just got back into car audio I have an avalon and want to do an sq build. The only item I have really pick oit 100 percent. Is the amps. Which are the zed audio minutar I cant spell it and the drakoina ii or the leviathin ii. Sorry about the spelling. Ok now questions

For sq overall 2 x 12in subs at 350ish rms at 4 ohms or same size subs but 600ish rms at 2 ohms

For ohm loads and the like is the ohms of the sub just used in changing the ohm load of the amp.

What I mean is subs dont care what ohm the power is just how many watts thry get. Or am I just lost

Next tweeter super tweeter midds mid bass subs. For the "best sq" would tweeter mid in front mid bass in pack 2 subs in trunk be right (cant do a center channel)

Are mids and mid bass speakers the same thing

When you see a component set and they list 100rms is that each speaker. Or they split 100 rms watts

So if you have some time help a brother out

itsblown is offline why is there smoke?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Re: starting a new build some random and already said information needed

First hi im new and just got back into car audio I have an avalon and want to do an sq build. The only item I have really pick oit 100 percent. Is the amps. Which are the zed audio minutar I cant spell it and the drakoina ii or the leviathin ii. Sorry about the spelling. Ok now questions

For sq overall 2 x 12in subs at 350ish rms at 4 ohms or same size subs but 600ish rms at 2 ohms
    what are you asking here?

For ohm loads and the like is the ohms of the sub just used in changing the ohm load of the amp.
    Yes
    What I mean is subs dont care what ohm the power is just how many watts thry get. Or am I just lost
    yes the only thing that changes when you change the ohm load of a sub is the ohm load the amp is seeing and therefore how much power the amp is putting out, for sound quality remember the lower the ohm load the amp is seeing gennerally means more harmonic distortion

Next tweeter super tweeter midds mid bass subs. For the "best sq" would tweeter mid in front mid bass in pack 2 subs in trunk be right (cant do a center channel)
    I wouldn't reccmend a super tweeter for sq

Are mids and mid bass speakers the same thing
    no

When you see a component set and they list 100rms is that each speaker. Or they split 100 rms watts
    depends on the manufacturer it gennerally means 100 watts to each speaker (mid range driver and tweeter)

Closed Thread