Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Reload Thread: How do you think this new system will sound?

garretttt4 is offline big pimpin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Re: How do you think this new system will sound?

Quote Originally Posted by ForceEdge View Post
    365 for a kicker12zxs1500.1 brand now doesn't sound TO bad though. Kicker does rated power and offers a birth sheet with higher rms then advertised. I just don't know why people are always so ready to bash them. What the hell have they done that was so wrong? Lol
    They're not terrible for a beginner amp mine was a kicker sx1250.1 and I hated it ...

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

365 for a kicker12zxs1500.1 brand now doesn't sound TO bad though. Kicker does rated power and offers a birth sheet with higher rms then advertised. I just don't know why people are always so ready to bash them. What the hell have they done that was so wrong? Lol
    They're not terrible for a beginner amp mine was a kicker sx1250.1 and I hated it ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

So two XFLs getting 750rms each would be better then 1 american bass HD12 getting 1500rms?
    Can anyone else back this up also?
    (Not doubting you man, just never heard american bass subs)
    As long as you keep the signal clean, The XFL will take 1500 like a champ, or 2 of them will get down on 750 ea. Heck, on the 1500w Kicker, I would do 2 600w AB TNT1222's wired to 2 ohms. Personally, I like the most cone area I can fit.. Some people run the XFL's on 2k rms daily here...but any sub is destined to die on too much clipping.
    Here is the deal with American Bass..They have been in business and ran by the same people for almost 20 years. They have always been Competition oriented, and still are to this day. They have always been a word of mouth company and have been, IMO, one of the most successful brands in car audio competition. There are not many amps that can be driven damn near to a dead short (1/4 ohm)and survive like they do. Those VFL sumbitches just keep making power. And it is clean power too. I would take that VFL 100.1 over the Kicker any day of the week.

"Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"

garretttt4 is offline big pimpin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quackhead View Post
    as long as you keep the signal clean, the xfl will take 1500 like a champ, or 2 of them will get down on 750 ea. Heck, on the 1500w kicker, i would do 2 600w ab tnt1222's wired to 2 ohms. Personally, i like the most cone area i can fit.. Some people run the xfl's on 2k rms daily here...but any sub is destined to die on too much clipping.
    Here is the deal with american bass..they have been in business and ran by the same people for almost 20 years. They have always been competition oriented, and still are to this day. They have always been a word of mouth company and have been, imo, one of the most successful brands in car audio competition. There are not many amps that can be driven damn near to a dead short (1/4 ohm)and survive like they do. Those vfl sumbitches just keep making power. And it is clean power too. I would take that vfl 100.1 over the kicker any day of the week.
    exactly!!!

cdc351jeferson is offline Premium Member cdc351jeferson is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes exactly you will only need to by another amp after that ab if you want more watts not cause it fails you

headunit : Sony xab-601bt
    fronts: infinity kappa 60.9's
    box : Bill Fitzmaurice Truck tuba DD 600series 10"
    amp: Kicker zx500.1
    REFS: Bradfordp2612 , Double 07 , NASTY08IMPALA , mzlady

dweLz is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quackhead View Post
    As long as you keep the signal clean, The XFL will take 1500 like a champ, or 2 of them will get down on 750 ea. Heck, on the 1500w Kicker, I would do 2 600w AB TNT1222's wired to 2 ohms. Personally, I like the most cone area I can fit.. Some people run the XFL's on 2k rms daily here...but any sub is destined to die on too much clipping.
    Here is the deal with American Bass..They have been in business and ran by the same people for almost 20 years. They have always been Competition oriented, and still are to this day. They have always been a word of mouth company and have been, IMO, one of the most successful brands in car audio competition. There are not many amps that can be driven damn near to a dead short (1/4 ohm)and survive like they do. Those VFL sumbitches just keep making power. And it is clean power too. I would take that VFL 100.1 over the Kicker any day of the week.
    This quote just made me rethink my amp options for my OA 12. Well put bb cakes.

naughtyca is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

so 4 pages later you still wanting Kicker amps? not sure why you even asked if you are determined on your kicker, buy kicker and you'll kick er self in the *** later

ForceEdge is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by princ3cmo View Post
    I think it's mainly people trying to ween kids off Kicker and keep them from thinking Kicker is the end all car audio company....the problem is, they sometimes take it too far and make it seem like Kicker is garbage when it is far from that.

They do rated, they last, and if u feel like the price is right then you have every reason to buy it. It'll keep up with pretty much any other recommendation they could offer and beat some of them.
    I know bro. I feel like everyones making it like Kicker has become DUAL over night.. -_- I'm not saying there isnt better for the MSRP price they have some kickers for, but if you could find it cheap why not get it. It's cea comliant, has a 2 year warranty on them and comes with a Birthsheet with higher rated rms then advertised. Maybe it's just me. Kicker isn't terrible.. maybe not top quality.. but definitely not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by naughtyca View Post
    so 4 pages later you still wanting Kicker amps? not sure why you even asked if you are determined on your kicker, buy kicker and you'll kick er self in the *** later
    I never said or argued that I'm still buying a kicker amp.. I'm just stating that I don't think there as bad as everyone makes them out to be.

naughtyca is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I think this site has given you everything you need to decide, a lot of people here including me will say we think like you before.

good luck I hope you make the right choice.

cdc351jeferson is offline Premium Member cdc351jeferson is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

birth sheets are just a marketing ploy yea it shows they do a little more than rated but so does my aq3500.1 and it doesnt have a birth sheet just something to think about

headunit : Sony xab-601bt
    fronts: infinity kappa 60.9's
    box : Bill Fitzmaurice Truck tuba DD 600series 10"
    amp: Kicker zx500.1
    REFS: Bradfordp2612 , Double 07 , NASTY08IMPALA , mzlady

10. Thanks ForceEdge thanked for this post
    ForceEdge is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for all your input guys. Much appreciated

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4