Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Can I use Acoustical Solutions AudioSeal Sound Barrier on the floors of my car?

PrinceCharming is offline PrinceCharming

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Can I use Acoustical Solutions AudioSeal Sound Barrier on the floors of my car?

I'm getting some sound deadener to go in the doors and on the floor of my 2002 Pontiac Grand Am. Im set on Sound Deadener Showdown to go in my doors, but to put it in my floor and go all the way back to my trunk it's gonna cost me a freakin fortune! So Ive been looking at Acoustical Solution's AudioSeal AB10NR MLV, it's for home theaters in houses to put in walls, it has the same specs and ratings as Sound Deadener Showdown MLV, (and its a good bit cheaper) but I don't know anything about it. I'm not worried about it not having a sticky backing or how much heat it can take since I'm only putting it on my floor and in the bottom of my trunk. Has anyone used this?

I can't post links but if you search AudioSeal Sound Barrier you will find the data sheet at the bottom of the website page

Rudy is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

Re: Can I use Acoustical Solutions AudioSeal Sound Barrier on the floors of my car?

You shouldn't have a problem. I used to get my MLV from Acoustical Solutions. I still refer people looking for architectural products. I never had a problem batch from them. Mine is more expensive because it only contains virgin materials. That's the only way to be certain there won't be problems with vinyl odor. That certainty is important to me and many of my customers but not all. Where you're really likely to run into a problem is with the super cheap eBay brands. I've had at least 2 customers decide to pull out the cheap MLV they installed because the odor never went away.

Any flexible, 1 lb/ft² barrier should perform the same acoustically. After that, it comes down to quality and durability issues.

Closed Thread