Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Reload Thread: Battery Terminal Recommendation

  1. #1
    Sub Bass Woofrz's Avatar
    Sub Bass Woofrz is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Camas, WA
    Posts
    336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Battery Terminal Recommendation

    Hey looking for some recommendations on battery terminals, need dual 0 gauge inputs i guess for big 3 and power wire. Any decent budget options? dont really want to spend $50 on a terminal haha. Also is it ok to run from engine block to car chassis rather than neg batt terminal for big three???







  2. #2
    cyn's Avatar
    cyn
    cyn is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Orange, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,853
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

    Re: Battery Terminal Recommendation

    Ebay... has lots of them... I get mine off there usually pretty cheap



    2007 Chevy Impala LT
    HU: Clarion CZ500 Front Speakers: CDT HD6.1
    Sub: 15" SSA ICON Box: 3.6 cubes net tuned to 32hz Amp: Sub: ED NINE.1 / Front Stage: American Bass Hybrid 4chan
    [COLOR="red"]Sold To: Traded With : Bah ask around a lot of fscking people period.

  3. #3
    Sub Bass Woofrz's Avatar
    Sub Bass Woofrz is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Camas, WA
    Posts
    336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Battery Terminal Recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by cyn View Post
    Ebay... has lots of them... I get mine off there usually pretty cheap
    what brand though, i dont want to buy cheap crap thatll strip and corrode.




  4. #4
    cyn's Avatar
    cyn
    cyn is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Orange, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,853
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

    Re: Battery Terminal Recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub Bass Woofrz View Post
    what brand though, i dont want to buy cheap crap thatll strip and corrode.
    battery terminals | eBay



    2007 Chevy Impala LT
    HU: Clarion CZ500 Front Speakers: CDT HD6.1
    Sub: 15" SSA ICON Box: 3.6 cubes net tuned to 32hz Amp: Sub: ED NINE.1 / Front Stage: American Bass Hybrid 4chan
    [COLOR="red"]Sold To: Traded With : Bah ask around a lot of fscking people period.

  5. #5
    VWGolfMKVI's Avatar
    VWGolfMKVI is online now StarrMountainSoundNutHugr



    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Minot, North Dakota, United States
    Posts
    1,333
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Battery Terminal Recommendation

    I run dbLink terminals. Single 0 gauge, single 4 gauge, and dual 10 gauge inputs.




  6. #6
    audiobaun's Avatar
    audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    rockwall,Tx
    Posts
    6,564
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

    Re: Battery Terminal Recommendation

    Got mine off the Bay also,,use ring terminals for secure connections
    (2) BATTERY TERMINALS CAR AUDIO AMP INSTALL POWER - ANY SIZE WIRE 0 2 4 8 GAUGE | eBay




  7. #7
    Sub Bass Woofrz's Avatar
    Sub Bass Woofrz is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Camas, WA
    Posts
    336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Battery Terminal Recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by audiobaun View Post
    Got mine off the Bay also,,use ring terminals for secure connections
    (2) BATTERY TERMINALS CAR AUDIO AMP INSTALL POWER - ANY SIZE WIRE 0 2 4 8 GAUGE | eBay
    read some bad reviews about those on sonic. you like them?




  8. #8
    audiobaun's Avatar
    audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    rockwall,Tx
    Posts
    6,564
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

    Re: Battery Terminal Recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub Bass Woofrz View Post
    read some bad reviews about those on sonic. you like them?
    (2) BATTERY TERMINALS CAR AUDIO AMP INSTALL POWER WIRING ANY SIZE 0 2 4 8 GAUGE | eBay
    Actually have these..My review and experiencing is none other that excellent??Work perfect,no issues,and I use Copper ring terminals,I run two batteries, and have done Big 3 easily on both,as well as run my Power wire to the system..no issues,and maintain an excellent connection,and maintain excellent voltage..14.6-14.2 lowest,on low note




  9. #9
    Boomsday's Avatar
    Boomsday is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    3,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

    Re: Battery Terminal Recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by audiobaun View Post
    (2) BATTERY TERMINALS CAR AUDIO AMP INSTALL POWER WIRING ANY SIZE 0 2 4 8 GAUGE | eBay
    Actually have these..My review and experiencing is none other that excellent??Work perfect,no issues,and I use Copper ring terminals,I run two batteries, and have done Big 3 easily on both,as well as run my Power wire to the system..no issues,and maintain an excellent connection,and maintain excellent voltage..14.6-14.2 lowest,on low note
    how do they connect on the battery??




  10. #10
    Sub Bass Woofrz's Avatar
    Sub Bass Woofrz is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Camas, WA
    Posts
    336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Battery Terminal Recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by audiobaun View Post
    (2) BATTERY TERMINALS CAR AUDIO AMP INSTALL POWER WIRING ANY SIZE 0 2 4 8 GAUGE | eBay
    Actually have these..My review and experiencing is none other that excellent??Work perfect,no issues,and I use Copper ring terminals,I run two batteries, and have done Big 3 easily on both,as well as run my Power wire to the system..no issues,and maintain an excellent connection,and maintain excellent voltage..14.6-14.2 lowest,on low note
    only problem is its 2 more terminals i have to wrestle with haha, i was gonna go with the screw down 0/1 terminals you can get at home depot so i dont have to crimp them.




  11. #11
    audiobaun's Avatar
    audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    rockwall,Tx
    Posts
    6,564
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

    Re: Battery Terminal Recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomsday View Post
    how do they connect on the battery??
    They slide over the top of the post,and an allen screw to tighten it too.

    ---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomsday View Post
    how do they connect on the battery??
    They slide over the top of the post,and an allen screw to tighten it too.




  12. #12
    audiobaun's Avatar
    audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    rockwall,Tx
    Posts
    6,564
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

    Re: Battery Terminal Recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub Bass Woofrz View Post
    only problem is its 2 more terminals i have to wrestle with haha, i was gonna go with the screw down 0/1 terminals you can get at home depot so i dont have to crimp them.
    If you need to do the big three,they are perfect,and add a dedicated supply to your amps,..Just giving you my recommendation as to the opening question. use what you think will work for you, and save time and money is always good too.




  13. #13
    Sub Bass Woofrz's Avatar
    Sub Bass Woofrz is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Camas, WA
    Posts
    336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Battery Terminal Recommendation

    doing a quick search on amazon and ebay i cant really find what im looking for, 2 1/0 gauge inputs and 1 8 gauge input for wires that run to the car power. Is this not a standard thing???




  14. #14
    audiobaun's Avatar
    audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    rockwall,Tx
    Posts
    6,564
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

    Re: Battery Terminal Recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub Bass Woofrz View Post
    doing a quick search on amazon and ebay i cant really find what im looking for, 2 1/0 gauge inputs and 1 8 gauge input for wires that run to the car power. Is this not a standard thing???
    Not really..More to find like 1-0/2ga in,2-4ga maybe..Ive never seen 2-1/0 before,You might just go with plain ring terminals, or like the ones I have/similar




  15. #15
    Sub Bass Woofrz's Avatar
    Sub Bass Woofrz is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Camas, WA
    Posts
    336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Battery Terminal Recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by audiobaun View Post
    Not really..More to find like 1-0/2ga in,2-4ga maybe..Ive never seen 2-1/0 before,You might just go with plain ring terminals, or like the ones I have/similar
    wait, the car power wire does connect to the battery correct? or does it connect direct to the alt?




Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Negative Battery Terminal Connection
    By TCC in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-13-2004, 04:15 AM
  2. battery terminals...
    By mgaidica in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-01-2003, 01:22 AM
  3. suggestion on gettin a battery terminal??
    By Hurst421 in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-18-2002, 02:16 AM
  4. positive battery terminal thingy
    By darkimportgrey in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-22-2002, 12:07 PM
  5. positive battery terminal thingy
    By darkimportgrey in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2002, 10:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum