Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    274 Post(s)

Re: Prefab a 4 letter word?

Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    I called out that it was "peak hold" and not a rolling average. I am surprised you are still digging yourself deep with this.

If you put your meter on rolling average you will not have the same score for several reasons. Peak performance is just that. The material(music or tone) used to obtain a peak hold number is irrelevant. I'm not sure what you are getting at with the "you will back it up" though. I would assume you still feel as if I attacked you when in fact I pointed something out. I am sorry you feel that way though. Perhaps, it is because we are at the end of a day and all tired or something. Who knows.

I wish you luck though, I really do. The only way this industry grows is by more people trying to stay in it in various ways. Just don't end up bringing in yet another china sub....that market is truly flooded right now... Amps could use a good cheap mid level though.(apart from the current few options)
    really man, you think my online rep is a big concern to me? Most people that know me already know I can be a bit of a hothead, and I don't hold back from expressing how I feel about you. Digging myself deeper LOL into what. All my business is local so if no one on ca ever bought a box from me again it would have 0 effect on me. I build and will continue to build because I love it. People like you take all the joy out of it. "oh you have not considered shipping" , "oh you'll never compete with the cheaper products", " oh your meter is on peak hold"

Refs: diyma-sold to:Mazda3SQ CA.com-traded:matrxx dude CACO- Sold to: Ajax_6154, brandonb1029, TeejayBee traded with: papito FLSPL- Bought from:98chevySPL, JBLCAMRY, traded with:97montecarlo, thumpenranger

Flastrongman is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    274 Post(s)

Over the years one of the "prefabs" that showed up for a while that I honestly thought would have lasted was doing colored vinyl enclosures. Decently built and performed ok. They offered that stock yet aftermarket look that matched the car. I think their prices were a bit high back then though and that could have been an issue I'm not sure. We brought in a few to look at and play with and for a prefab they were pretty decent. I don't remember the name of them though, this was back around 2001 or so.
    I remember seeing a company at SBN in 1998 that was making all fiberglass enclosures. I thought they looked amazing, but i don't think they made it out of their first year.

Refs: diyma-sold to:Mazda3SQ CA.com-traded:matrxx dude CACO- Sold to: Ajax_6154, brandonb1029, TeejayBee traded with: papito FLSPL- Bought from:98chevySPL, JBLCAMRY, traded with:97montecarlo, thumpenranger

knotdrummer88 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    285 Post(s)

Over the years one of the "prefabs" that showed up for a while that I honestly thought would have lasted was doing colored vinyl enclosures. Decently built and performed ok. They offered that stock yet aftermarket look that matched the car. I think their prices were a bit high back then though and that could have been an issue I'm not sure. We brought in a few to look at and play with and for a prefab they were pretty decent. I don't remember the name of them though, this was back around 2001 or so.
    hm. I didnt know that, so does the company still make them?

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2522 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flastrongman View Post
    really man, you think my online rep is a big concern to me? Most people that know me already know I can be a bit of a hothead, and I don't hold back from expressing how I feel about you. Digging myself deeper LOL into what. All my business is local so if no one on ca ever bought a box from me again it would have 0 effect on me. I build and will continue to build because I love it. People like you take all the joy out of it. "oh you have not considered shipping" , "oh you'll never compete with the cheaper products", " oh your meter is on peak hold"
    The way your OG post read it looked as if you wanted to make this a business venture. So we all started to express our concerns for that part of the market. Shipping is a pita no matter what account you get with a logistics company. Freight works out best for large shipping. All that I posted earlier is still true. Unless you purchase MDF or Birch in massive quantity it would be hard to catch the china prices and still make ends meet with overhead costs.

Once you said it was a hobby we all stepped back a bit. You talk as if this is not going to be a hobby but a business choice though. So I have posted positive and negatives about this industry. The meter...well that is what it is. That setup will not do a even a 30 second rolling average of that number. Is it impressive for the product, sure to an extent. However, there are many factors that go into numbers and why/how they were achieved.

As for being fun....I agree with that. I have been in this industry for a very long time and that in it self poses tons of problems. While at home, in the office, or on the road I can see where I have "lost the fun" to some things. At shows and such I still have a blast, but then again it is never about anything but just fun when your at a show. Even when judging...just about having a good time no matter what.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2522 Post(s)

I remember seeing a company at SBN in 1998 that was making all fiberglass enclosures. I thought they looked amazing, but i don't think they made it out of their first year.
    They were at finals that same year. They ended up dropping the enclosures and just doing a bolt on cap of sorts I think.

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by knotdrummer88 View Post
    hm. I didnt know that, so does the company still make them?
    Naw, The owners name was Tim......something or another. Not sure what his last name was anymore. I have not seen or heard from/of him since like 2002 or so.

knotdrummer88 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    285 Post(s)

They were at finals that same year. They ended up dropping the enclosures and just doing a bolt on cap of sorts I think.

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

Naw, The owners name was Tim......something or another. Not sure what his last name was anymore. I have not seen or heard from/of him since like 2002 or so.
    hm. Well I would rather build my own any day, anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2522 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by knotdrummer88 View Post
    hm. Well I would rather build my own any day, anyway.
    Vinyl is pretty easy to work with if you don't get cheap material. Just be sure that your surface is pretty smooth and/or use a backing/padding. When working with vinyl keep the it stretched and heat it when/where needed before application. The heat will make it so much easier to work with. If not, you will be pulling your hair out when you get to corners.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    274 Post(s)

The way your OG post read it looked as if you wanted to make this a business venture. So we all started to express our concerns for that part of the market. Shipping is a pita no matter what account you get with a logistics company. Freight works out best for large shipping. All that I posted earlier is still true. Unless you purchase MDF or Birch in massive quantity it would be hard to catch the china prices and still make ends meet with overhead costs.

Once you said it was a hobby we all stepped back a bit. You talk as if this is not going to be a hobby but a business choice though. So I have posted positive and negatives about this industry. The meter...well that is what it is. That setup will not do a even a 30 second rolling average of that number. Is it impressive for the product, sure to an extent. However, there are many factors that go into numbers and why/how they were achieved.

As for being fun....I agree with that. I have been in this industry for a very long time and that in it self poses tons of problems. While at home, in the office, or on the road I can see where I have "lost the fun" to some things. At shows and such I still have a blast, but then again it is never about anything but just fun when your at a show. Even when judging...just about having a good time no matter what.
    Fair enough bro and seriously I was never REALLY upset with you, I have mad respect for your building skills. I've never met a box builder that I didn't really get along with. I was a little hard on mobile enclosures a while back but I really did not mean any harm. I have not seen him on here much and hope it wasn't because of me.

9. Likes pro-rabbit liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2522 Post(s)

Fair enough bro and seriously I was never REALLY upset with you, I have mad respect for your building skills. I've never met a box builder that I didn't really get along with. I was a little hard on mobile enclosures a while back but I really did not mean any harm. I have not seen him on here much and hope it wasn't because of me.
    No harm no foul man. As long as we can all still get along at the end of the day it is good with me.

I'm not sure with Mobile. I have not seen him for a long time actually.

And thanks for the props man. I have to pass it on to some of out build team these days though(all though they just follow instructions haha). I'm to old and slow to keep up with our demand haha.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    274 Post(s)

No harm no foul man. As long as we can all still get along at the end of the day it is good with me.

I'm not sure with Mobile. I have not seen him for a long time actually.

And thanks for the props man. I have to pass it on to some of out build team these days though(all though they just follow instructions haha). I'm to old and slow to keep up with our demand haha.
    what? your bio says you're 30? That makes you younger than me, and I have the injuries of a 60 year old from a bike wreck. You better get your *** in the gym so those young guys don't talk smack.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2522 Post(s)

what? your bio says you're 30? That makes you younger than me, and I have the injuries of a 60 year old from a bike wreck. You better get your *** in the gym so those young guys don't talk smack.
    They already call me old man...grandpa...and other more colorful names lol

I had a few wrecks that just whipped out my back. Missing disc space in my lower back, another that is bulging and so on.... Lets just say my youth was great until about 22 or so...then I learned my body is not as indestructible as I thought.

Before anyone starts crying I was driving stupid or drunk or anything. That was not the case. Not a one of my wrecks were my fault.

The two that did the most damage are...

1. Was rear ended while waiting behind a school bus on a rainy day. The impact speed was 77mph(estimated by police)

2. I was ran over by a Jeep Cherokee at an intersection while riding a street bike. We both had green lights and she simply didn't see me before she turned left.

infamous_e46 is offline hArRy_DaNgLeRs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1007 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RyanM923 View Post
    Damn, look at that midget ***...love me a midget ***. 3 foot 4 standing up, 3 foot 6 sitting down.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaellane View Post
    don dont come in here ruining my thread. i hate you and jose

www.alphadamp.com
    Got Mad Feedback Son http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/364675-infamous_e46s-feedback-thread.html#post5697823

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    274 Post(s)

wow that's pretty similar to my wreck. I got nailed at an intersection on my bike. heart surgery, hip surgery, multiple knee surgeries, hands and forearm. Luckily no spinal injury. But I was stuck in a wheelchair for a year. I would not have survived if I was not a weightlifter. The human body is capable of amazing recoveries. I'm not quite the same as I used to be but I can still get around pretty good considering.

gckless is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1839 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    I think you are going to run into idiots who won't know the difference between your boxes and other ****** pre-fabs so they'll go with the cheaper ones. I'm saying from a walk-in customer basis if someone was to sell your product.
    ^^^This. To the new guys to CA, whats the difference in a box? How would a box make a difference? Why would I want to pay that much extra for one? They just don't know enough yet, and most people that do know enough build their own boxes, or atleast have one built to spec.

mclerico83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    832 Post(s)

may be interested in this type of box pm me info when you get it worked out

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast