Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Reload Thread: Prefab a 4 letter word?

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Re: Prefab a 4 letter word?

Quote Originally Posted by Flastrongman View Post
    1. once again assuming you know more than me about this industry, because your arrogant

2. We have all seen "custom" box builders swarm craigslist and even forums. Fact is, my "prefab" will kick the crap out of the majority of these so called custom box builders.

3. If a customer buys one of my prefabs and is happy, the next logical step would be to buy a custom box from me.
    My "arrogance" comes from the lack of decent replies I get from you considering the topic. You simply think you know everything and won't take advice from anyone unless it is just praise and... "yes go do it, I will buy one"....

I agree, many "custom" builders do worse then the cheapest prefab and with the rise of the internet and the ability to "google" the answers everyone and their brother thinks they can build enclosures and do installs. This has lowered prices across the board just like ebay has lowered prices for retail stores.

They very well may get a custom enclosure from you, or they may not. The bottom line is they move on or they stay at retail shops and/or ebay.

The other point I made is still relevant. There is a mild price difference between custom and some of the "higher end" prefabs, and that is a narrow market. Most that know will go custom, while others will go cheap. So far with the rise of China based subs and the cheaper amps..the trend has been "cheaper" is better so far.

Flastrongman is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    They are $65 for a dual 10" enclosure with 2.2ft3 net volume tuned to "roughly" 31-33hz(been a while since I measured one).

I'm not saying your enclosure is better/worse. I'm telling you how it stacks up per the facts you posted is all. Application will play a huge roll in SPL numbers no matter what anyway. If I go pull the old Geo Storm out of storage and toss a single 10" in a $20 prefab I can more then likely still pull a high 130 or low 140..simply the car there.

You take offence to what is posted for some reason when all I am doing is pointing out how you compare with other products, for the situation of "if" you go through with this at some point.
    No sir, let's cut the bs. You are in no way innocent here. You straight up called out the numbers I posted. You said my meter was on peak hold and was not really music. Don't try to tuck tail now. If you want proof or just want to clarify the numbers, that's not a problem. But don't try to disguise your belittling me as trying to "help" me.

Refs: diyma-sold to:Mazda3SQ CA.com-traded:matrxx dude CACO- Sold to: Ajax_6154, brandonb1029, TeejayBee traded with: papito FLSPL- Bought from:98chevySPL, JBLCAMRY, traded with:97montecarlo, thumpenranger

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

My "arrogance" comes from the lack of decent replies I get from you considering the topic. You simply think you know everything and won't take advice from anyone unless it is just praise and... "yes go do it, I will buy one"....

I agree, many "custom" builders do worse then the cheapest prefab and with the rise of the internet and the ability to "google" the answers everyone and their brother thinks they can build enclosures and do installs. This has lowered prices across the board just like ebay has lowered prices for retail stores.

They very well may get a custom enclosure from you, or they may not. The bottom line is they move on or they stay at retail shops and/or ebay.

The other point I made is still relevant. There is a mild price difference between custom and some of the "higher end" prefabs, and that is a narrow market. Most that know will go custom, while others will go cheap. So far with the rise of China based subs and the cheaper amps..the trend has been "cheaper" is better so far.

Again no sir. Taking the advice given in this thread is exactly what I did. I posted the same topic on another forum and got the"praise" you are talking about. Most even said "**** I can't do that with my custom box on more power". I did not get that here. I based my decision off the bigger forum. Clearly my boxes are better kept local.

Refs: diyma-sold to:Mazda3SQ CA.com-traded:matrxx dude CACO- Sold to: Ajax_6154, brandonb1029, TeejayBee traded with: papito FLSPL- Bought from:98chevySPL, JBLCAMRY, traded with:97montecarlo, thumpenranger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

No sir, let's cut the bs. You are in no way innocent here. You straight up called out the numbers I posted. You said my meter was on peak hold and was not really music. Don't try to tuck tail now. If you want proof or just want to clarify the numbers, that's not a problem. But don't try to disguise your belittling me as trying to "help" me.

I cleared up a misleading post by you, yes I did. I'm not trying to hide that. I don't see where that still warranted you to be upset. I was simply clarifying the meter settings. If that was a rolling average you would have to have had more power and be far louder then doing the same number at a peak hold.

With the rise of various orgs doing a music run most people now think when some one claims they did a number from music that it was in similar for to how various orgs measure. Not a peak hold.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Again no sir. Taking the advice given in this thread is exactly what I did. I posted the same topic on another forum and got the"praise" you are talking about. Most even said "**** I can't do that with my custom box on more power". I did not get that here. I based my decision off the bigger forum. Clearly my boxes are better kept local.
    CACO and/or SMD are also more controlled with over governing by the mods. They do not allow conversations like we are having to exist for very long for pretty basic reasonings I would say.

I still think that if you wanted to break into the market you may at first have a small window of clients, but if you pushed the dealer market you would do good. If you ever want to actually do this and consider options and talk numbers, just give me a call. I will be more then happy to go over all the stuff I went though and what I found out while digging through the ideas of perhaps offering a "prefab" style enclosure.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

I cleared up a misleading post by you, yes I did. I'm not trying to hide that. I don't see where that still warranted you to be upset. I was simply clarifying the meter settings. If that was a rolling average you would have to have had more power and be far louder then doing the same number at a peak hold.

With the rise of various orgs doing a music run most people now think when some one claims they did a number from music that it was in similar for to how various orgs measure. Not a peak hold.
    why do you keep assuming that I'm upset? I'm just calling out your bs for what it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

why do you keep assuming that I'm upset? I'm just calling out your bs for what it is.
    The truth is there was no BS to be had. You feel attacked when there was no such thing. I have yet to see a claim that would suggest I was/am BSing you anywhere.

If you where not upset you still felt threatened enough to try and "pull me down" for what ever reasons, just like you current post of claiming BS(you are still on the attack). I can back up anything I have posted, so there is no "BS" to the statements.

Buck is offline always low Buck is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)

I think you are going to run into idiots who won't know the difference between your boxes and other ****** pre-fabs so they'll go with the cheaper ones. I'm saying from a walk-in customer basis if someone was to sell your product.

Alpine - ASE (local) - Batcap - C&D Tech - CT Sounds - DC - eD - Excessive Amperage - Rainbow

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    I think you are going to run into idiots who won't know the difference between your boxes and other ****** pre-fabs so they'll go with the cheaper ones. I'm saying from a walk-in customer basis if someone was to sell your product.
    yes that's the overall feel I got so thus the decision to put it on hold until I have the time to make a real plan.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

The truth is there was no BS to be had. You feel attacked when there was no such thing. I have yet to see a claim that would suggest I was/am BSing you anywhere.

If you where not upset you still felt threatened enough to try and "pull me down" for what ever reasons, just like you current post of claiming BS(you are still on the attack). I can back up anything I have posted, so there is no "BS" to the statements.
    yes, it's all in my head that you called out the numbers I posted. Don't worry I will back them up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

yes, it's all in my head that you called out the numbers I posted. Don't worry I will back them up.
    I called out that it was "peak hold" and not a rolling average. I am surprised you are still digging yourself deep with this.

If you put your meter on rolling average you will not have the same score for several reasons. Peak performance is just that. The material(music or tone) used to obtain a peak hold number is irrelevant. I'm not sure what you are getting at with the "you will back it up" though. I would assume you still feel as if I attacked you when in fact I pointed something out. I am sorry you feel that way though. Perhaps, it is because we are at the end of a day and all tired or something. Who knows.

I wish you luck though, I really do. The only way this industry grows is by more people trying to stay in it in various ways. Just don't end up bringing in yet another china sub....that market is truly flooded right now... Amps could use a good cheap mid level though.(apart from the current few options)

knotdrummer88 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

maybe create different setups based on different common subwoofers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by knotdrummer88 View Post
    maybe create different setups based on different common subwoofers?
    Honestly, something as simple as offering colors will win people over some times lol

knotdrummer88 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Honestly, something as simple as offering colors will win people over some times lol
    yeah, I guess the market it would be more so catering to, wouldnt be so particular would they?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by knotdrummer88 View Post
    yeah, I guess the market it would be more so catering to, wouldnt be so particular would they?
    Over the years one of the "prefabs" that showed up for a while that I honestly thought would have lasted was doing colored vinyl enclosures. Decently built and performed ok. They offered that stock yet aftermarket look that matched the car. I think their prices were a bit high back then though and that could have been an issue I'm not sure. We brought in a few to look at and play with and for a prefab they were pretty decent. I don't remember the name of them though, this was back around 2001 or so.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast