Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Reload Thread: Prefab a 4 letter word?

Flastrongman is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Re: Prefab a 4 letter word?

Decided to put this project on hold for a bit. Not sure if I want to put that much time into it yet. Anyways, here's what the prototype did with 2 kicker cvr 10's on a polk pa 600.1. Legal sealed on the dash playing music at 43hz

Refs: diyma-sold to:Mazda3SQ CA.com-traded:matrxx dude CACO- Sold to: Ajax_6154, brandonb1029, TeejayBee traded with: papito FLSPL- Bought from:98chevySPL, JBLCAMRY, traded with:97montecarlo, thumpenranger

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Box is tuned at 34hz.

Refs: diyma-sold to:Mazda3SQ CA.com-traded:matrxx dude CACO- Sold to: Ajax_6154, brandonb1029, TeejayBee traded with: papito FLSPL- Bought from:98chevySPL, JBLCAMRY, traded with:97montecarlo, thumpenranger

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

The only issue I see, is the meter is on peak hold. If you want to play music and give a number for "playing music" you have to do a rolling average. The RTA looks like a huge peak at around 45hz give or take a few.

Not a bad score though overall. However, SPL is not the overall deciding factor on enclosures. I have seen plenty of prefab's do low to mid 140s and some into the 50's.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    The only issue I see, is the meter is on peak hold. If you want to play music and give a number for "playing music" you have to do a rolling average. The RTA looks like a huge peak at around 45hz give or take a few.

Not a bad score though overall. However, SPL is not the overall deciding factor on enclosures. I have seen plenty of prefab's do low to mid 140s and some into the 50's.
    seriously bro? who's being negative now? I'll take some video tomorrow of it playing in real time so you can see the average. As far as you seeing plenty of prefabs that can do mid 140's and some 50's how about some proof? And also this was on a 600 watt budget amp. Let's see your mid 140's on that power and that frequency.

Waiting

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

And Dustin, don't feel so threatened bro, I just said i was not going to become a vendor and take all your business. For now

infamous_e46 is offline hArRy_DaNgLeRs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

:9

Quote Originally Posted by RyanM923 View Post
    Damn, look at that midget ***...love me a midget ***. 3 foot 4 standing up, 3 foot 6 sitting down.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaellane View Post
    don dont come in here ruining my thread. i hate you and jose

www.alphadamp.com
    Got Mad Feedback Son http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/364675-infamous_e46s-feedback-thread.html#post5697823

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flastrongman View Post
    And Dustin, don't feel so threatened bro, I just said i was not going to become a vendor and take all your business. For now
    Please explain why in this world I would ever be threatened by some one that if they went through with their plans would make me more money?

Remember a few things. One, I am telling you what I see. You react in a negative way because you do not like what you hear. Some times the truth is a bit harsh. However, it is still true.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

seriously bro? who's being negative now? I'll take some video tomorrow of it playing in real time so you can see the average. As far as you seeing plenty of prefabs that can do mid 140's and some 50's how about some proof? And also this was on a 600 watt budget amp. Let's see your mid 140's on that power and that frequency.

Waiting
    What would you like to wager? I will order an enclosure and drop in a pair of cheap subs on similar power and I will do similar numbers. If you think I am wrong lets do $1000-2000 friendly wager?

Just for reference a "Scorpion" enclosure will do those numbers all day with similar product.

infamous_e46 is offline hArRy_DaNgLeRs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RyanM923 View Post
    Damn, look at that midget ***...love me a midget ***. 3 foot 4 standing up, 3 foot 6 sitting down.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaellane View Post
    don dont come in here ruining my thread. i hate you and jose

www.alphadamp.com
    Got Mad Feedback Son http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/364675-infamous_e46s-feedback-thread.html#post5697823

10. Likes Dave88LX liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

make you more money or encroach on your business? Your opinion on why this would make you more money still does not make a bit of sense. Someone like me who is a hobbyist and not very interested in making money will always make "pro's" like you step their game up.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

What would you like to wager? I will order an enclosure and drop in a pair of cheap subs on similar power and I will do similar numbers. If you think I am wrong lets do $1000-2000 friendly wager?

Just for reference a "Scorpion" enclosure will do those numbers all day with similar product.

price point, size, weight, frequency? funny you seem to know everything about my box without ever seeing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

make you more money or encroach on your business? Your opinion on why this would make you more money still does not make a bit of sense. Someone like me who is a hobbyist and not very interested in making money will always make "pro's" like you step their game up.
    I don't think you understand this industry still. I have been around for a very long time and have seen many many great small company prefabs come and go. Each made a good impact for themself and the custom market. Why? There are a few reasons. 1. Why buy a "prefab" when for a bucks more or even the same price you can get an enclosure designed and built for YOU. 2. If they do purchase your enclosure, the next step is custom. They won't go back to something of less quality, and they will want better the next time around. Just how the hobby is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

price point, size, weight, frequency? funny you seem to know everything about my box without ever seeing it.
    They are $65 for a dual 10" enclosure with 2.2ft3 net volume tuned to "roughly" 31-33hz(been a while since I measured one).

I'm not saying your enclosure is better/worse. I'm telling you how it stacks up per the facts you posted is all. Application will play a huge roll in SPL numbers no matter what anyway. If I go pull the old Geo Storm out of storage and toss a single 10" in a $20 prefab I can more then likely still pull a high 130 or low 140..simply the car there.

You take offence to what is posted for some reason when all I am doing is pointing out how you compare with other products, for the situation of "if" you go through with this at some point.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

I don't think you understand this industry still. I have been around for a very long time and have seen many many great small company prefabs come and go. Each made a good impact for themself and the custom market. Why? There are a few reasons. 1. Why buy a "prefab" when for a bucks more or even the same price you can get an enclosure designed and built for YOU. 2. If they do purchase your enclosure, the next step is custom. They won't go back to something of less quality, and they will want better the next time around. Just how the hobby is.

1. once again assuming you know more than me about this industry, because your arrogant

2. We have all seen "custom" box builders swarm craigslist and even forums. Fact is, my "prefab" will kick the crap out of the majority of these so called custom box builders.

3. If a customer buys one of my prefabs and is happy, the next logical step would be to buy a custom box from me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Let me ask you this.

Why do you get so upset when I give you both honest and helpful information. I see no reason for you to be so upset.

Here are a few more things to consider about "prefabs"

1. The purchasers will more then likely not care about numbers 80% of the time.
    2. They don't want a huge peak, they will want something that "shakes the windows" lol
    3. They will simply be cheap. When prefabs are considered, most are purchased because they are on a huge budget and want to get a amp, pair of subs, wiring, and box for under a few hundred bucks.
    4. Vehicle specific enclosures always help sales, but can also limit your clients if you do not expand into more and more cars quickly.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast