Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Upgrading system

Currently only have Clarion NX 500, 4 Alpine R 6 x 8 powered by JL 4 channel. Had a W7 powered by JL mono
    500 but it sounded bad and got rid of it.. I am certain it was the box in hindsight

The set up isn't any better than the stock Mach 460 that came in the Mustang.

I want to have a setup with very loud mids and highs that aren't overpowered by the bass. I have ordered the Pioneer 4400 to replace the disappointing Clarion, which is not the same quality as a decade ago like so many of
    the companies with great tradition.

What kind of speakers/amp combo could I use for very loud highs, and would 1 quality 10" sub be enough?

I used to know what was the best quality, with so many selling out and the newer ones
    I just don't know anymore.

Thanks for any assistance

Kif
    Kif is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: Upgrading system

Quote Originally Posted by Alex81 View Post
    Currently only have Clarion NX 500, 4 Alpine R 6 x 8 powered by JL 4 channel. Had a W7 powered by JL mono
    500 but it sounded bad and got rid of it.. I am certain it was the box in hindsight

The set up isn't any better than the stock Mach 460 that came in the Mustang.

I want to have a setup with very loud mids and highs that aren't overpowered by the bass. I have ordered the Pioneer 4400 to replace the disappointing Clarion, which is not the same quality as a decade ago like so many of
    the companies with great tradition.

What kind of speakers/amp combo could I use for very loud highs, and would 1 quality 10" sub be enough?

I used to know what was the best quality, with so many selling out and the newer ones
    I just don't know anymore.

Thanks for any assistance
    Hi! I do not think replacing the Clarion on Pioneer you get a significant difference in sound quality!
    Yes Clarion not what HX-D1, HX-D2, 7xx series, but on a pioneer and not ODR sound quality!
    Do not expect the quality of the multimedia reciver!
    If you want only the volume and average quality, then go!
    If good quality, the best 1-din!

In 5x7 sizes are not good things with the midrange reproduction!
    Yes, the lower midbass is nice, but midrange is lame!
    As well, and twitter!
    But twitter - they are bad!
    It is better that the thread to see other, I like soft home type tweeter, Morel MT-23, Eton CX280V, EOS AL267, but they do not have the volume of a special, or put double or use a professional acoustics, such as P. Audio, Sound 18....
    5x7 R can put two pairs in the front doors, the doors prokleivat good!
    And to make 3 ways or or 2 with homemade midrange/twitter!

W7 - sub is good, more suitable for listening to rap, with deep bass, the electronics are not very good!
    W6 me more like speed!
    500/1 has small power, only for 8 inch W7!
    W7 - love to eat power!
    10-inch subwoofer is not very loud!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1188 Post(s)

yea, what he said

as far as speakers/sub/amps, how much you want to spend?

What vehicle?

"Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5144 Post(s)

Look at the cdt components. Dump the 6x8 make adapters for the new comps. Also look into American bass or dc for the subs and amps

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 03 Mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Alex81 is online now Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kif View Post

As well, and twitter!
    But twitter - they are bad!
    It is better that the thread to see other, I like soft home type tweeter, Morel MT-23, Eton CX280V, EOS AL267, but they do not have the volume of a special, or put double or use a professional acoustics, such as P. Audio, Sound 18....
    5x7 R can put two pairs in the front doors, the doors prokleivat good!
    And to make 3 ways or or 2 with homemade midrange/twitter!

I understood everything except this.

The reason I'm replacing the Clarion, which wasn't that bad considering the deal I git on it and the NAV
    is because the processor went out on it. It still plays CD's you can't change tracks or do anything else. Also did quite a bit if research
    on the new Pioneer decks. Aside from the "I'm not that loaded" units the Pioneer's seem to be the best with a slight edge
    over Kenwood with the releases of the 4400 and 3400.

2001 Mustang GT with Mach 460. It's hard to believe but those stock amps were actually decent and the
    factory speakers drivers and magnets are bigger than the alpines. The alps sound a have better bass, and barely noticeable better sq
    but overall it felt like the stock was better

Are you saying to upgrade the tweeters? I'm wanting to do that, but need to take them out tomorrow. Apparently it is
    a weird size and some sort of mod needs to be made to add an aftermarket. Haven't seen the stock units listed size anywhere

10's are the largest sub you can fit in the Mustang. Was wondering due to lack if trunk space if bass tubes are complete junk?
    Also another reason for the louder highs is the all the extra horses I've added and the noise of the exhaust.

Quack, if I'm able to keep the 4 channel JL, I'm looking to spend 1-1,500

Mylows, Thanks. Looking into them now

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1188 Post(s)

#1 - sound deadener, sound deadener..this will not only lower the noise floor inside the vehicle and help with resonance issues, but it will reduce heat from the exhaust system as well.
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/murde...y-pricing.html

#2 - possibly keep the JL 4ch. and look to components such as these for the front, keeping the rear ones you already have:
    WoofersEtc.com - UP6 - DLS Ultimate 6.5" 2-Way Component System
    Ultimate UP6i - 2-way component 6,5 inches

#3 - I have installed the bass tubes and they suck. Yeah, you get good output from little power, but the thing is a bitch to mount securely. I'd at least do 1 10" ported like one of these:
    WoofersEtc.com - SA-10 D2 - Sundown Audio 10" Dual 2-Ohm SA Series Subwoofer
    on a good compact class D like this for a solid 800-1000+w rms:
    WoofersEtc.com - P1000.1 - Precision Power Monoblock 2000 Watts Max Class D Amplifier
    PrecisionPower - Products - Amplifiers - Phantom - P1000.1

you did not say what JL amp you have, but I would look to 100 - 130w/ch, like this if it rated at lesser power:
    Precision Power P900.4 Phantom 145 x 4 @ 4 Ohms Compact 4-channel Class D Amplifier 6.5x9.25x2

PASMAG | PERFORMANCE AUTO AND SOUND - Precision Power P900.4 Amplifier
    The main reason I suggest these PPI amps are not only because they are good quality and underrated for the $, but they are very compact...imitated, but not quite duplicated...lol.
    take the remainder and get a box built and equipment professionally installed (at least the comps and door treatments, if you question your own ability)along with the deadener in the trunk and anywhere else you can get it.. @pro-rabbit ; sells custom or flat packs on the boxes for pretty reasonable.

"Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"

7. Thanks Alex81 thanked for this post
Closed Thread