Closed Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Reload Thread: Possibly starting my own line of woofers...

audio_phill is offline Walking TSP Encyclopedia

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

Re: Possibly starting my own line of woofers...

Quote Originally Posted by audio_phill View Post
    response plots

Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    Very low Q on those.
    Idea on that is to raise BL, Sens, and Transience as well as give it a dip in response to counter the spike created by Le so it plays flatter and more naturally with little to no eq. (something few places take into consideration) You can count on 1dB of spike near 2x Fs per 1mH of le, this sub has an le of 3.7, so in optimum enclosure it has 3.04dB of loss near the le spike freq's. Should be able to stay within .5dB of flat (except on nodes) from 30 to 70(maybe higher) Given it wont feel or sound like it thanks to its large Vas once port volume becomes charged and should allow some pull in the bottom octaves as well to ease the burden on the system to achieve tactility below 40Hz and give it an audibly flat response. At least thats my goal and I have had killer results with this theory with my current single low Q 8" setup.

Isd beta doesnt plot le spikes for anyone still worried over the dip lol.[/QUOTE]

Moved for convenience

Bought From: Funky Waves, Realbeach, Farmacist Louisiana_CRX, Lingerfelt, ciaonzo, SPY (X2), tristanmay, bigbassjoel, Sound_Around, tristanmay

Sold To: alfabit1, Sound_Around, jonalford2087, woodels420, pangullo, chico305, ciaonzo, darkkon, faessle, UNDERGROUND_BUM, JCJR, adrian1185, fast306stang, tristanmay, biggen_bd, mwerling1212, ntfish, nate56

Traded With: HiloDB1, ciaonzo, tristanmay, Jh8909, fritosaregood, eCrack.net

Trippymane is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)

Have u decided on a brand name yet? How about philharmonics? I also sent u a pm I was going to shoot u a text but wasn't sure if u would be up this late or not.

philharmonic - definition of philharmonic by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trippymane View Post
    Have u decided on a brand name yet? How about philharmonics? I also sent u a pm I was going to shoot u a text but wasn't sure if u would be up this late or not.

philharmonic - definition of philharmonic by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
    Nope, no name picked as of yet, logo for shirts and packing I'm happy with though lol. Text anytime, if im asleep my ringer would be off so no worries.

Bought From: Funky Waves, Realbeach, Farmacist Louisiana_CRX, Lingerfelt, ciaonzo, SPY (X2), tristanmay, bigbassjoel, Sound_Around, tristanmay

Sold To: alfabit1, Sound_Around, jonalford2087, woodels420, pangullo, chico305, ciaonzo, darkkon, faessle, UNDERGROUND_BUM, JCJR, adrian1185, fast306stang, tristanmay, biggen_bd, mwerling1212, ntfish, nate56

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

Nope, no name picked as of yet, logo for shirts and packing I'm happy with though lol. Text anytime, if im asleep my ringer would be off so no worries.
    As few subs as I will be bringing to the market, think I will just keep it simple. Audio Phill's - Audiophile 12, hits the mark and and is more than enough to get the point across lol.

Jaguar is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    214 Post(s)

Audio Phill is the way to go. I had time to scan the proposal I did for the logo. Here, the last one was taken with the phone on my camera.

James 1:2-5 2 Count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience
    have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing
    . 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all
    liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trippymane View Post

Can you reverse colors and hook it up in roygbiv?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Audio Phill is the way to go. I had time to scan the proposal I did for the logo. Here, the last one was taken with the phone on my camera.

rebelfromva is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1605 Post(s)

I like white lettered stickers

09 Cobalt LT
    Headunit -Alpine CDA-9887
    Front Stage - PHD FB 6.1 PRO SIX M/B, FB 5.1 m/b, FB 1.1b tweets
    Highs amp -Pheonix Gold Xenon 100.4 & 200.4
    Sub stage - 2 DC M2 LVL 5 12s
    Sub amp - 2 DC 5.0Ks
    Electrical - Singer 270 alt, big 3 0/1 & 12g ofc audio technix, 2 XS d3400s
    Deadener - 80 mill Audiotechnix deadener
    "Trunk hit hard like Kimbo Slice"
    TEAM DC AUDIO

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post

If anyone can make this a digital image that I can edit attributes of, I will make it worth your while, I can probably do it from a reversed image, but I'm a lil worried about my pc's capabilities.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

Would def be interested in some vinyl for this image as well. let me know if someone wants to turn this into bumper stickers or other vinyl application things!!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

Will know something about shirts tomorrow, Plan to include one with each woofer, and sale a few.

If I can get my wood shop up and running again, I may be able to offer plug and play systems as well

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

If anyone can make this a digital image that I can edit attributes of, I will make it worth your while, I can probably do it from a reversed image, but I'm a lil worried about my pc's capabilities.
    I got the RGB part down to a science, but I need an inverted one (black logo/White Background) for rgb conversion for shirts.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2522 Post(s)

The easiest way i can think of playing around with it would be vectorize the file and use a graphic software to mess with it.

Or ask the designer to reproduce the design in photoshop and send you the raw file.

Both would work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    214 Post(s)

I got the RGB part down to a science, but I need an inverted one (black logo/White Background) for rgb conversion for shirts.
    Sorry Phil. Actually I can do the black on white but I have to touch up the original image first and re-scan it. There are minor imperfections and detail my scanner has been unable to pick up. The style I used is loosely termed "drawing on the right side of the brain", a style I learned after reading a book by the same name. The negative as well as the positive values of space are uniformly complimentary of each-other, and equally important as separate values. In other words the space not used is also the part of the art. Now that I look at this I want to loop the ''L''s on Phil slightly, not sure why. I'll probably just add another line on the ''h'' on Phil. Get back to you in 2 days, busy. I wouldn't try and reverse this drawing btw, there are still amounts of subtle detail lost thanks to the scanner, have to make it darker. I don't know about t-shirts or stickers, personally I rather see wristbands the like of which can be found on jacvanek.com, but only because the material reminds me of the rubber slip on the motors like sundown and skar... That being said, I personally think that design would look good on rubber slip-cover of motors for subs released on a would be ''Audio Phill'' brand.

James 1:2-5 2 Count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    214 Post(s)

@audio_phill was this what you were trying to do?

Can't really say im happy about my work. Let me try and get it right 1st. Some lines are over emphasized just to pick up on what the scanner could not.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast