Closed Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Reload Thread: Possibly starting my own line of woofers...

audio_phill is offline Walking TSP Encyclopedia

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Re: Possibly starting my own line of woofers...

Quote Originally Posted by Trippymane View Post
    I've seen a tc7 on roids lol ... Not to start any drama or anything but when I saw those I first thought of the vibe audio motors on roids.

Thats a tc9 from the tc oem 12's they built, but increase the topplate and bottom diameter and you've pretty much got it, just a smaller coil

Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    Vinyl is cheap, you can get them in a lot of a similar qty as the number of drivers and save a few bucks. I just picked up another plotter the other day..once we get it setup if no one has stepped up to help I will get a hold of you and see if we can be of any help.

Quote Originally Posted by denim View Post
    SQL? Like soundqualityloud?
    Thats the idea!

Bought From: Funky Waves, Realbeach, Farmacist Louisiana_CRX, Lingerfelt, ciaonzo, SPY (X2), tristanmay, bigbassjoel, Sound_Around, tristanmay

Sold To: alfabit1, Sound_Around, jonalford2087, woodels420, pangullo, chico305, ciaonzo, darkkon, faessle, UNDERGROUND_BUM, JCJR, adrian1185, fast306stang, tristanmay, biggen_bd, mwerling1212, ntfish, nate56

Traded With: HiloDB1, ciaonzo, tristanmay, Jh8909, fritosaregood, eCrack.net

Flex68 is offline dilligaf

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by naughtyca View Post
    I think this will be bigger than that 20 you ordered lol, specially it looks like a lot of people respect you and value your opinion

werd

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    Romney will [fornicate] me less than Obama already has and WAY less than what Obama has planned.
    Refs: adamtwo4, basscort2009, burzendowski, clanassa, cthedinger, ikoolguy, its_bacon12, Jew_Bagel, jr711, kreapin, kowboy, Rudy, TheRealDefman, Winter_C

HU:Eclipse CD7200 MkII
    Subs: Fack Skar Audio
    Front comps: HAT Clarus C61-2 off Sony ES 7547
    Electrical: C&D batt, Big 3 with 1/0, 4ga to amps, Stinger RCA’s
    Damping: 60mil FG panels over holes, full worx from SDS

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I dont have enough subs to give any away for a sponsorship thing, thanks for the interest bt my inbox is filling up with folks wanting handouts and at this time its just something I cant do

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

For those just joining in or those who dont read through threads :P

Only 12's, D2, preorder price is 160 + Ship, each comes with a shirt so when u order, tell me your size, shirts will be Black or White with a Bright Blue logo like my avatar. Each sub will be tested then retested before it leaves here and any defective (if somehow i miss something) will be replaced/rebuilt for the cost of shipping. I at this point would need defective drivers returned of course, blown subs (be it mechanically or thermally) are not covered by this warranty of course.
    Last edited by audio_phill; 08-15-2012 at 12:58 PM.

Bought From: Funky Waves, Realbeach, Farmacist Louisiana_CRX, Lingerfelt, ciaonzo, SPY (X2), tristanmay, bigbassjoel, Sound_Around, tristanmay

Sold To: alfabit1, Sound_Around, jonalford2087, woodels420, pangullo, chico305, ciaonzo, darkkon, faessle, UNDERGROUND_BUM, JCJR, adrian1185, fast306stang, tristanmay, biggen_bd, mwerling1212, ntfish, nate56

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Wheres my takers lol... no interest soon and imma drop to a run of 10 so I can get them under way

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

5 gone, need 7 more out the door to get everything on its way to me.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

First of the week bump

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Crunched a few things, By not doing shirts for anyone other than I already have I can do $180 shipped using USPS parcel

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

$155 if pre-ordered then picked up local

N8er is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

God I want one of these. They sound exactly like the kind of sub I've been trying to find. Whats the order deadline?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

No set deadline, but when their gone their gone and thats not a marketing scheme, there'sl only going to be 20 built unless people go absolutely nuts over them. Not sure when preorder will end either, in the process of a loan to cover the rest of the cost, but as is now, only 11 remain. If my loan is approved, the pre-order will end and once they are ready any that are left over will be posted closer to market value price. I wish I could have afforded more on the first run, but im just an average consumer when it comes to that aspect.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Sorry I have been vacant, yet another death in the family. Everything should be back in order next week and I'll be around more.

kushy_dreams is offline The resident hippie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Quick question, idk if anyone asked this, but I noticed in the pics on pg1 that the tinsels were not stitched into the spiders, what made you choose this design? lower cost? any worries about the tinsels hitting the cone?

13 Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4T

http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/forum.php<

BOYCOTT SKAR AUDIO! SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES SHOULD NEVER BE ENCOURAGED!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kushy_dreams View Post
    Quick question, idk if anyone asked this, but I noticed in the pics on pg1 that the tinsels were not stitched into the spiders, what made you choose this design? lower cost? any worries about the tinsels hitting the cone?
    I dont like stitched or woven spider, over time the stitching cuts into the spiders and having the leads attached to them in any way changes the compliance of the spider. My idea from start to finish was max functionality, max lifespan, max linearity. When properly done, aerial leads are most non-invasive and lead slap, should there turn out to be any, can be nulled by felt pads or heat shrinking the leads. It does actually save a few pennies per driver too but that was not my reasoning. Some of the most popular drivers built use them, the <07 re xxx, the Adire Brahma, Ascendant Audio Avalanche, etc.

14. Thanks kushy_dreams thanked for this post
    Likes CerwinVega_Fan liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

one more week for preorders, after that im pulling the plug

itsblown is offline why is there smoke?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I think that after a few of these get out to consumers and testing and videos are done more or less people will be interested depending on how it goes lol

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast