Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: REALLY Need Advice - Volume keeps going up/down on it's own, even while at idle.

shep523tke is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

REALLY Need Advice - Volume keeps going up/down on it's own, even while at idle.

I recently just had installed 2 12" Kicker CVR's (400 RMS each) a 750 RMS mono Kicker amp, and a 650x4 channel Kicker amp and a pair of 6.5" and 5.25" Focal Access (60 watt RMS each speaker), and OAWG Kicker amp wiring kit, in a 2004 Cadillac CTS. This was professionally installed by a highly recommended shop, and they can't seem to figure out what the problem is. Today they went through and checked all connections, it worked great the whole time they had my car, and as soon as I started the car... the problem was still there.

Does anyone know what this problem can be??? It worked great for 4 days, and then the volume started changing again. They're saying it might be my volume knob, but the volume knob isn't being touched when the volume goes up and down. They're telling me I may have to get a new deck, but I don't want to because I'll lose all the computer features the came with my car

PLEASE HELP!!

Thank You... any advise is desperately needed.

mylows10 is offline Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)

Re: REALLY Need Advice - Volume keeps going up/down on it's own, even while at idle.

did it work fine before the new equipment was added ?

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

SplAffair is offline I lol'd

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Re: REALLY Need Advice - Volume keeps going up/down on it's own, even while at idle.

my buddys is300 did this at idle when the subs hit long bass notes i always assumed voltage drop

Quote Originally Posted by predxen View Post
    Its not as loud as it should be, you stop hearing it about a block away. you should be able to hear it a quarter mile away.
    Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    You need to keep the smoke INSIDE the amplifier. Once you've allowed all the happy smoke to escape the amp will stop working.
    BOYCOTT SKAR AUDIO! SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES SHOULD NEVER BE ENCOURAGED!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, never had a problem and I always blasted the stock bose system

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My voltage meter always reads 13.2 ish - 14.5, so I cant image it would be a voltage problem. But who knows... oh and just bought a new battery a week ago.

rebelfromva is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shep523tke View Post
    My voltage meter always reads 13.2 ish - 14.5, so I cant image it would be a voltage problem. But who knows... oh and just bought a new battery a week ago.
    I'd say there is a big difference in the output of an amp at 13.2 and 14.5

09 Cobalt LT
    Headunit -Alpine CDA-9887
    Front Stage - PHD FB 6.1 PRO SIX M/B, FB 5.1 m/b, FB 1.1b tweets
    Highs amp -Pheonix Gold Xenon 100.4 & 200.4
    Sub stage - 2 DC M2 LVL 5 12s
    Sub amp - 2 DC 5.0Ks
    Electrical - Singer 270 alt, big 3 0/1 & 12g ofc audio technix, 2 XS d3400s
    Deadener - 80 mill Audiotechnix deadener
    "Trunk hit hard like Kimbo Slice"
    TEAM DC AUDIO

mylows10 is offline Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)

if they didnt bypass the stock amp for the subs then that may your problem

ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, that's good to know. But it will go to the lowest sound setting, to extremely loud even at 14 volts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)

yea but if they tapped in the loc after the stock amp ,then crazy shlt happens or if sometimes wont even work

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They did not bypass. Can you please tell me why so I can explain to them? I asked them if they checked the connections behind the deck, and they said that they didn't do anything behind the deck because the deck just has a few wires that runs to the stock amp, and that all they have to do is connect to the stock amp. Do you have any idea if they can even run RCA's behind the stock deck of a CTS?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And sorry, what do you mean by loc?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)

loc is a line out converter , if they didnt run from the back of the deck then are you sure they tapped in the wires before the amp.sounds like they didnt .ask them to show you if they say yes,also ask to see where the stock amp is , to make sure the tapped into the wires before the amp not after.still say they installed the loc after the stock amp.

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Kangaroux is offline I put on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rebelfromva View Post
    I'd say there is a big difference in the output of an amp at 13.2 and 14.5
    You wouldn't notice any difference

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He specifically said they tapped in after the amp. So they need to bypass the amp altogether? Do you know why? I can tell they're not sure what the problem is, and they're pretty much guessing at this point, so any additional knowledge on this is extremely appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)

i'm not sure why it doesn't work if you tap into the wire after the amp,i think it has something too do with the voltage going into the second amp .but they need to tap into the wires before the amp,basic car audio installation 101 .if they tapped in the wires after the amp,i'd question the ability of a good install too.

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast