Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Reload Thread: Will my setup work?!? HELP

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    any wet spot i can find
    Posts
    3,282
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1188 Post(s)

    Re: Will my setup work?!? HELP

    Quote Originally Posted by tankdylan001 View Post
    how do i do that?
    read the owners manual. As it was explained before, you lose efficiency and SQ when you start reducing the impedance load. At 2 ohms, the amp should produce @750watts. your sub will be fine, as long as your car's electrical can manage the extra load. If you see your headlights dimming at night as your are playing your system, you are over stressing your car's electrical system.




    "Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"




  2. #17
    Flex68's Avatar
    Flex68 is offline dilligaf



    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Backroads
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    558 Post(s)

    Re: Will my setup work?!? HELP

    I foresee massive fail coming on this install, lol


    OP, try reading/researching a bit using function here and a major online search engine to find answers to ur basic questions like impedance matching, gain setting, DVC wiring options, etc



    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    Romney will [fornicate] me less than Obama already has and WAY less than what Obama has planned.
    Refs: adamtwo4, basscort2009, burzendowski, clanassa, cthedinger, ikoolguy, its_bacon12, Jew_Bagel, jr711, kreapin, kowboy, Rudy, TheRealDefman, Winter_C

    HU:Eclipse CD7200 MkII
    Subs: Fack Skar Audio
    Front comps: HAT Clarus C61-2 off Sony ES 7547
    Electrical: C&D batt, Big 3 with 1/0, 4ga to amps, Stinger RCA’s
    Damping: 60mil FG panels over holes, full worx from SDS

  3. Likes av83 liked this post
  4. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    any wet spot i can find
    Posts
    3,282
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1188 Post(s)

    Re: Will my setup work?!? HELP

    Quote Originally Posted by Flex68 View Post
    I foresee massive fail coming on this install, lol


    OP, try reading/researching a bit using function here and a major online search engine to find answers to ur basic questions like impedance matching, gain setting, DVC wiring options, etc
    Exactly...how do you explain anything to someone who gets trigger happy on a D4 Type x and a BRZ1200 and then questions the compatibility of the two?




    "Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"

  5. #19
    Flex68's Avatar
    Flex68 is offline dilligaf



    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Backroads
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    558 Post(s)

    Re: Will my setup work?!? HELP

    Quote Originally Posted by quackhead View Post
    Exactly...how do you explain anything to someone who gets trigger happy on a D4 Type x and a BRZ1200 and then questions the compatibility of the two?
    lol, word.

    wish dude would have spent a bit more time here, beforehand....hopefully, for his sake, the old adage "better late than never" will apply.

    *in my best Andy Griffith voice*
    Opie, you gotta do your homework, son



    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    Romney will [fornicate] me less than Obama already has and WAY less than what Obama has planned.
    Refs: adamtwo4, basscort2009, burzendowski, clanassa, cthedinger, ikoolguy, its_bacon12, Jew_Bagel, jr711, kreapin, kowboy, Rudy, TheRealDefman, Winter_C

    HU:Eclipse CD7200 MkII
    Subs: Fack Skar Audio
    Front comps: HAT Clarus C61-2 off Sony ES 7547
    Electrical: C&D batt, Big 3 with 1/0, 4ga to amps, Stinger RCA’s
    Damping: 60mil FG panels over holes, full worx from SDS

  6. #20
    tankdylan001's Avatar
    tankdylan001 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

    Re: Will my setup work?!? HELP

    its a brz 1700, thankyou for the constructive criticism i guess.
    I'm going to run the amp at dual 2 ohm, i guess we'll see how it goes...




  7. #21
    tankdylan001's Avatar
    tankdylan001 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

    Re: Will my setup work?!? HELP

    alright, thankyou quackhead.
    i just want to know if running this setup will fail, i don't want to run the amp if its just going to overhead and blow.




  8. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    any wet spot i can find
    Posts
    3,282
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1188 Post(s)

    Re: Will my setup work?!? HELP

    Quote Originally Posted by tankdylan001 View Post
    its a brz 1700, thankyou for the constructive criticism i guess.
    I'm going to run the amp at dual 2 ohm, i guess we'll see how it goes...
    still 6 in one and a 1/2 dozen in the other when it comes down to audible differences between the brz 1200 and brz1700. 500 watts is nothing to the ear at that power level.
    But yes, running the amp at 2 ohms is smart on your behalf, since it will run cooler and be less stressful on the car's electrical.. Good luck!




    "Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"

  9. #23
    tankdylan001's Avatar
    tankdylan001 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

    Re: Will my setup work?!? HELP

    Quote Originally Posted by quackhead View Post
    But yes, running the amp at 2 ohms is smart on your behalf, since it will run cooler and be less stressful on the car's electrical..
    I don't think a stock battery will be able to run this system, and i was thinking of a capacitor but heard they are practically useless. What option would you recommend?




  10. #24
    Flex68's Avatar
    Flex68 is offline dilligaf



    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Backroads
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    558 Post(s)

    Re: Will my setup work?!? HELP

    Quote Originally Posted by tankdylan001 View Post
    heard they are totally useless
    fixed

    You heard correctly



    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    Romney will [fornicate] me less than Obama already has and WAY less than what Obama has planned.
    Refs: adamtwo4, basscort2009, burzendowski, clanassa, cthedinger, ikoolguy, its_bacon12, Jew_Bagel, jr711, kreapin, kowboy, Rudy, TheRealDefman, Winter_C

    HU:Eclipse CD7200 MkII
    Subs: Fack Skar Audio
    Front comps: HAT Clarus C61-2 off Sony ES 7547
    Electrical: C&D batt, Big 3 with 1/0, 4ga to amps, Stinger RCA’s
    Damping: 60mil FG panels over holes, full worx from SDS

  11. #25
    tankdylan001's Avatar
    tankdylan001 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

    Re: Will my setup work?!? HELP

    haha fair enough, so just get a new battery you think?




Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Will my idea work??
    By bumpn_gt in forum Enclosure Design & Construction Help
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-10-2003, 09:58 PM
  2. will my rockford work with re se?
    By hotown in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-18-2003, 01:25 PM
  3. Hmm Will this setup work?
    By Afboy143 in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-24-2003, 11:23 PM
  4. Will my amp work and hit with my subs?
    By jrmax in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-13-2002, 12:00 AM
  5. will this stuff work...help me plz
    By sk8board4life86 in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-30-2001, 06:39 AM

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum