Closed Thread

Reload Thread: New here and looking for help on a new system setup

Danfish98 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New here and looking for help on a new system setup

Hello everyone! I recently decided to take on a second job delivering pizza to help supplement the income. If I'm going to be driving around that much stock just isn't going to cut it! Back in college I had a pretty nice setup to my ears and I was running a Kenwood Excelon 5 or 600 series head unit, 6.75 Infinity Kappa coaxials in the front, RF 6x9s in back on a 4x50 Alpine amp and 2 Kappa Perfect 12.1 subs in a sealed box with a 1000 watt RMSish Infinity amp. I'm hoping to meet or exceed this setup in my Kia Soul with a budget of around $1000, not counting install costs. I'll probably only replace the front speakers and leave the back stock to save some cost. I'd also like to stick with a single 10 inch sub in a sealed enclosure. Before I had the Kappa Perfect 12s in my old ride, I had a single 10, and while the 12s were certainly louder, I thought the 10 sounded better. Sealed has always sounded better to me as well, though I've never heard anything but a prefab ported enclosure. Given my budget, I don't think a custom built box is in my future though. To sum up, I'm looking for head unit, component front 6.5 speakers, and a single 10 sub that has similar sound quality to the old Kappa Perfects as I've read the new Kappa subs are nothing like they used to be. I'll figure out amps for the speakers and sub once I know what I'm getting so I can make sure to get the right power for everything.

I'm blown away by all the knowledge on here. Most of the companies I see recommended I'd never even heard of before yesterday, so thanks in advance for the advice!

Edit: I'm thinking my initial post may have been too broad to get many responses. I found the following in my searching online this afternoon:
    Head unit: Clarion CZ702
    Speakers: ID CTX-6.5cs
    Speaker amp: Boston Acoustics GT275
    2 gauge amp install kit
    Sub amp: Boston Acoustics GT-2200 (this seems like a beast of an amp for the price)

How does this sound? Feel free to suggest better alternatives in a similar price range. That leaves about 300 bucks for the sub/enclosure combo. Not sure what would pair well with the BA amp. It's rated 700 watt RMS at 4 ohm and 900 at 2 ohm. Maybe a 2012 version type R?
    Last edited by Danfish98; 07-15-2012 at 08:46 PM.

Closed Thread