Closed Thread

Reload Thread: What do you usually set your LPF to?

RSDXzec is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What do you usually set your LPF to?

Just curious what others on here set their LPF to. I generally set mine to 80hz, and I recently found out my friend has his set to 180hz which sounded a little high imo. And looking on winisd most sub responses are usually decent until they even out at around 120hz.

TaylorFade is offline I fail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)

Re: What do you usually set your LPF to?

Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    TaylorFail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    Taylorfail, v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    tailorFail v.3
    Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    TaylorFail v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    TaylorWin v.1?

05fronty is offline SALT PETER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

mine is like 70

bought from ridinhi,vitveet,dbr,sicaudio and 99grandprixgt, and more ........... sold to player3,foomasta69, pitbull, brodiesel and dragnix 12887 traded with louisiana crx

"noobs that come in the dome will get gang raped!"
    nothing but a stock fosgate system with gps and back up camera lol
    2012 nissan sentra spec v with some goodies cumming though

TaylorFade is offline I fail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)

Just to add to the discussion... set your LPF to 120hz and give it a listen. It won't be there long. Midbass sounds like *** from subwoofers.

Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    TaylorFail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    Taylorfail, v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    tailorFail v.3
    Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    TaylorFail v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    TaylorWin v.1?

5. Likes basscort2009, dross93ranger liked this post
    madcad95 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Because I run 3 I set the lpf on the amp all the way up and then at 100 hertz on the maxxlink and 100 on the radio but those 3 equal out to about a 48 to 60 db slope depending on the amp.

"Originally Posted by Kangaroux" Bridging takes a way a lot of the SQ and it sounds extremely distorted. I believe when you bridge it it switches from a class A/B to a class D, but I"m not positive..

"Originally Posted by lewshus " The ground shouldnt get any voltage?

madcad-ninetyfail v.1

SPLaudio is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    292 Post(s)

for daily 50hz for stupid loud higher tuned 80hz

T3mpest is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorFade View Post
    Just to add to the discussion... set your LPF to 120hz and give it a listen. It won't be there long. Midbass sounds like *** from ****** subwoofers.
    fixed. It's not hard to design a sub to play more than 1 octave with authority.. It just takes a well designed woofer built with SQ in mind and unfortunately that's not most car audio woofers. My last 2 subs can easily play 120hz, shoot I'll never own another sub that can't. My 15's could do it, they could do 1000hz with ease, my new 21 can do 500hz and it's got a 6 inch coil and 4kw of powerhandling.. Car audio companies really have no good excuse other than they are building budget woofers, but any 250 dollar unit should really have shorting rings in the motor if it's meant to be used for daily listening.

Quote Originally Posted by sdmtnbiker420 View Post
    JL is for ballers. Theres a reason all the biggest rappers sing about JL, Zapco, Alpine..... and not Lightning audio or Pyle. It's all about the BALLER FACTOR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T3mpest View Post
    fixed. It's not hard to design a sub to play more than 1 octave with authority.. It just takes a well designed woofer built with SQ in mind and unfortunately that's not most car audio woofers. My last 2 subs can easily play 120hz, shoot I'll never own another sub that can't. My 15's could do it, they could do 1000hz with ease, my new 21 can do 500hz and it's got a 6 inch coil and 4kw of powerhandling.. Car audio companies really have no good excuse other than they are building budget woofers, but any 250 dollar unit should really have shorting rings in the motor if it's meant to be used for daily listening.
    dafuq sub you gotz?

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by madcad95 View Post
    Because I run 3 I set the lpf on the amp all the way up and then at 100 hertz on the maxxlink and 100 on the radio but those 3 equal out to about a 48 to 60 db slope depending on the amp.
    this guy is a **** animal

Kangaroux is offline I put on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

I know what you're saying but I don't care if my sub can play over 60, I don't want it to. Unless the sub was right behind my head, it's so easy to tell that the midbass is coming from somewhere else that it ruins the music. Anyone even remotely into SQ knows that your sub shouldn't be playing that high as well, as it should be your door speakers that are taking care of that (most speakers are attenuated to go down to around 50hz and the sub picks it up from there).

On a seperate note I set mine to around 60hz. Because I always like to tune lower my box always starts to roll off there anyways

disturbed471985 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

around 80 cant really go any lower as I cant drop my mids down lower then that running the power that I am unless I put it on a stupid slope thus making it pointless.

RIP Maynard "My heart"

HU - Eclipse CD7000
    Front Stage - 5 Silver flute 6.5's - 6 Seas Prestige tweets Soon to be FS
    Front Stage amp - DB Drive A7 125.4 For Sale In amp section
    Subwoofer - 3 Skar VVX 10's & 2 TRF Blacks For Sale in Sub Section
    Subwoofer Amp - 2 - Skar SK-2500's & Sundown 5k & 2 Nendo bc2000's For Sale in Amp section
    Box - 4.25cf tuned to 30hz using a 6" internal aero 15" long.. Free
    Wiring - Knukonceptz everything, Big 3, Sprinter S12V370F & HC1800 Soon to be all FS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

BOYCOTT SKAR AUDIO!
    2012 TNESPL R2 WORLD CHAMPION
    TNESPL R2 ALL TIME RANKINGS RECORD HOLDER

TEAM

TEAM LOUD INTENTIONS
    www.youtube.com/TeamLoudIntentions

T3mpest is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kangaroux View Post
    I know what you're saying but I don't care if my sub can play over 60, I don't want it to. Unless the sub was right behind my head, it's so easy to tell that the midbass is coming from somewhere else that it ruins the music. Anyone even remotely into SQ knows that your sub shouldn't be playing that high as well, as it should be your door speakers that are taking care of that (most speakers are attenuated to go down to around 50hz and the sub picks it up from there).

On a seperate note I set mine to around 60hz. Because I always like to tune lower my box always starts to roll off there anyways
    The SQ thing really depends.. Most of the reason you can hear subs behind you is one of 2 things.. 1. if anything behind you rattles, you'll hear the rattling behind you, drawing your attention backwards.. SQ cars shouldn't rattle.. 2. sub distortion in the higher bass notes are easy to localize behind you as well, SQ subs shouldn't distort on higher bass notes.. Trust me, if the car is deadened and it's a true SQ sub back there, most smaller passenger cars dont localize until close to 200hz, even most SUV's can do 80-120hz no issues. If you play a 120hz tone in my eldorado, even with ONLY the subs playing it sounds like it's on the dash, freaked me out first time I heard it. lol. Anyways another advantage is you can let your smaller less capable front speakers use less excursion which GREATLY lowers their distortion and stops them from rattling the doors.

Really the sub can only play to 60hz thing is a myth.. I used to buy into it too until I had drivers that could do it and a car that didnt' rattle.. You get alot more ouput overall from letting your subs play higher, more midbass attack, less midrange distortion, just louder and cleaner music.

Also, here is my 21, should be a beast down to 30hz or so. http://www.bcspeakers.com/product.php?id=160

Quote Originally Posted by sdmtnbiker420 View Post
    JL is for ballers. Theres a reason all the biggest rappers sing about JL, Zapco, Alpine..... and not Lightning audio or Pyle. It's all about the BALLER FACTOR.

Kangaroux is offline I put on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

The SQ thing really depends.. Most of the reason you can hear subs behind you is one of 2 things.. 1. if anything behind you rattles, you'll hear the rattling behind you, drawing your attention backwards.. SQ cars shouldn't rattle.. 2. sub distortion in the higher bass notes are easy to localize behind you as well, SQ subs shouldn't distort on higher bass notes.. Trust me, if the car is deadened and it's a true SQ sub back there, most smaller passenger cars dont localize until close to 200hz, even most SUV's can do 80-120hz no issues. If you play a 120hz tone in my eldorado, even with ONLY the subs playing it sounds like it's on the dash, freaked me out first time I heard it. lol. Anyways another advantage is you can let your smaller less capable front speakers use less excursion which GREATLY lowers their distortion and stops them from rattling the doors.

Really the sub can only play to 60hz thing is a myth.. I used to buy into it too until I had drivers that could do it and a car that didnt' rattle.. You get alot more ouput overall from letting your subs play higher, more midbass attack, less midrange distortion, just louder and cleaner music.

Also, here is my 21, should be a beast down to 30hz or so. B&C SPEAKERS
    I'm not saying it is a myth, but from my perspective a sub shouldn't be playing that high. And I can guarantee you it wasn't rattling I was hearing, it was definitely just straight up mid bass. Anything over like 60hz starts to become directional which is why your front speakers should play it imo. If a speaker is playing frequencies that are directional it should be close to you and at the front of the car.

Closed Thread