Ok, so after I first hooked up the amp to the battery, everything was cool and nothing bad happened (well except running out my battery and requiring a jump to get started). That was just a test to connect it.
So then I go to connect it again today (acutally just put the fuse in, and connect wires to the amp) and when I tried to put the neg. terminal back on, I got some bigass sparks, that I jumped back and dropped the terminal screw inside the car (which I recovered 10 minutes later using like 10 different things to get it out). So I thought maybe it was those capacitors so I tried again...same sparks. So then I just took out the fuse, and disconnected the wires from the amp, and tried again. I got a tiny, small spark.
So did I do something wrong? Cause it wasn't like one spark and then it went away. They wouldn't go away when the screw had contact to the battery. However, I can't say this with assuredness because maybe when I was trying to screw it in, contact with the battery could've been now...not now...now...etc (cause the screw wasn't getting secure in the battery).
So is this normal or something I need not worry about? [i]Will[i] they eventually go away???
All is good right now.