Closed Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Reload Thread: Kicker goes Walmart.

murph is offline Low for Life

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Re: Kicker goes Walmart.

If Alpine goes to Walmart kicker is fucked and I could see JBL going to target.

Hu: kenwood kdc-x995
    Sub: Boston acoustics G5 12 in a quasi 6th order
    Amp: Phoenix gold zx600.2 ti
    Front Speakers: Eclipse sc6500
    HIT UP FOR BASS ---> http://www.youtube.com/user/BassWithMurph?feature=mhee

will3 is online now Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wonder what Best Buy , and all the current B&M stores that stuck with Kicker through the internet discounters, back door deals, etc.to sit there and think about there high volume product the lower lines , now being introduced by Walmart, who's buisness model is to monopolize.
    Walmart can float a loss for a very long time , so they can purposely sell below cost to ruin a market so they can have it solely to themselves, once they acheive this goal they no longer have a need for said company ( In this case Kicker) they will just go make an identical version of the product put there own brand on it and sell it right beside the other product at a major discount, alot of times bankrupting companys in the process( most of the time by hanging them with massive inventory debts, and forced sales qoutes) and then buying the companys shares at a severe discount, where they have controlling interest in the company, Sony, pioneer are much more powerful companys than Kicker, and typically have had safe guards in place, such as no compete clauses in contracts to protect themselves , i hope Kicker does as well

Sorry for the long post , and if i screwed up any of the wording I apologize I just woke up, I just thought it was relevent

3. Likes kushy_dreams liked this post
    joker0907 is offline Joker

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Kicker isnt bad and this is a good move for them especially since they have bestbuy also. i had a sample of kicker... 2 l5 12's on old fusion 25001. they broke every window motor in my car... bastards!

03 VW GTI
    Sub: 12" Punch HX2
    Box: Being Built
    sub amp: mtx 2300x
    head unit: Kenwood DNX5140 (FOR SALE PM ME)
    Monsoon stock speakers and amp.

car: 2001 buick century (RIP) sold
    bought from : Pioneer~Saturn, Team H&K

RangerDangerV2 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joker0907 View Post
    Kicker isnt bad and this is a good move for them especially since they have bestbuy also. i had a sample of kicker... 2 l5 12's on old fusion 25001. they broke every window motor in my car... bastards!
    either you drive a hooptie, or ya just plain stupid.

1999 Tahoe
    2 sa12s
    4th order
    145.18 @33z... with less than 500 watts!

6. Thanks DoesDad thanked for this post
    Likes JoshC liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

it was in a 01 buick century and I only ran it for like 3 months never got to get to sound deadning so everything in the car rattled.

03 VW GTI

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by will3 View Post
    I wonder what Best Buy , and all the current B&M stores that stuck with Kicker through the internet discounters, back door deals, etc.to sit there and think about there high volume product the lower lines , now being introduced by Walmart, who's buisness model is to monopolize.
    Walmart can float a loss for a very long time , so they can purposely sell below cost to ruin a market so they can have it solely to themselves, once they acheive this goal they no longer have a need for said company ( In this case Kicker) they will just go make an identical version of the product put there own brand on it and sell it right beside the other product at a major discount, alot of times bankrupting companys in the process( most of the time by hanging them with massive inventory debts, and forced sales qoutes) and then buying the companys shares at a severe discount, where they have controlling interest in the company, Sony, pioneer are much more powerful companys than Kicker, and typically have had safe guards in place, such as no compete clauses in contracts to protect themselves , i hope Kicker does as well

Sorry for the long post , and if i screwed up any of the wording I apologize I just woke up, I just thought it was relevent

While I agree, I think that would be basic contract information and more then likely was the hang up with the deal for almost a year now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

it was in a 01 buick century and I only ran it for like 3 months never got to get to sound deadning so everything in the car rattled.
    im gonna guess that your just a plain idiot... Ive seen systems that do 55's on music (@26hz) sealed and their window motors dont break... so you drive a hooptie and your and idiot

1999 Tahoe
    2 sa12s
    4th order

10. Likes JoshC liked this post
    will3 is online now Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    While I agree, I think that would be basic contract information and more then likely was the hang up with the deal for almost a year now.
    I would think it would be as well (basic contract info) , but Walmart is very good at this sort of thing( being very cut throat in contract negotations ) , I have seen much older more established companys ( outside the electronics world) end up in bad shape in short time, getting in bed with Walmart and SEARS both, that were formally very well off, in there respectful markets, I think it could be a double edge sword for Kicker, and a risky move if it is not played right on there part, I wish them all the best, it just seems like a short term move for a corporation such as Kicker.
    What I find interesting about the article is where they refer to walmart coming to them , where it seems more likely that Kicker contacted Walmart in a move, because of there low confidence in Best Buy due to there current fianacial state and instabilty from there top brass , but that is just a guess on my part , basically they were working on a back up plan in case things continue to go south for BB.

wenn_du_weinst is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger View Post
    im gonna guess that your just a plain idiot... Ive seen systems that do 55's on music (@26hz) sealed and their window motors dont break... so you drive a hooptie and your and idiot
    I ripped my door latch out of the b pillar in my blazer with 2 15's. It just happens some times.

I am protesting Skar by giving them added exposure in my signature.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger View Post
    **** you I'm not an idiot do your research before you bash on someone. Buick century window motors where a piece of **** slight vibrations would make them go out. They usually went out in the first few year just from driving. Never had the problem in any other car. I drive a VW GTI now and it is far from being a hooptie. So your a ******* for not knowing what the **** your talking about!

03 VW GTI

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

**** you I'm not an idiot do your research before you bash on someone. Buick century window motors where a piece of **** slight vibrations would make them go out. They usually went out in the first few year just from driving. Never had the problem in any other car. I drive a VW GTI now and it is far from being a hooptie. So your a ******* for not knowing what the **** your talking about!
    Your swearing and poor sentence structure further prove my point that you are an idiot. And btw, only fegs drive vdubs.

1999 Tahoe
    2 sa12s
    4th order

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Last edited by joker0907; 06-18-2012 at 04:21 AM. Reason: stupid people not arguing with them...

03 VW GTI

Louisiana_CRX is offline dem shoes......

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

The Kicker fan boi's in here dont need to get their ******* in a wad.....Wal mart will only carry a limited low end line of Kicker...As they do in Pioneer and Sony...of which both of those lines also have much nicer stuff that will never be in Wal-Mart....

Current 2010 Louisiana USACi State Records :

Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3
    StreetBeat 2................... 145.6
    Stock 1801-up.................153.8
    SuperStock 1801-up..........154.2
    Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465

JoshC is offline The Taco MASTA

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I'm an idiot? I may not know as much about car audio than you but I am sure I am much smarter than you. I am a college student double majoring in Accounting and Finance at one of the top 10 business schools in America. I don't think they would just let an idiot in. I don't feel I need to use proper sentence structure in a **** car audio forum where half the people here don't even use real words. I drive Vdub because what car do you know that pulls of the power they do while maintaining 28-30mpg city. That and the fact their motors are built like a tank with forged crank and pistons stock. If you can name one other car that does that other than Subaru you let me know!

You cant even get around the word block lol you dont seem very smart to me. And you drive a faggets car, get over it

Mabye you should get a donut to sit on, so ure asshole stops bleeding

Pioneer DEH-P9400BH-CDT HD61s-Kenwood&AQ-Obsidian 12
    Doors covered inside and out in AT 60mill

Sold to: akheathen, audiobaun----Traded with: Mylows10-------Bought from: fasfocus00, Ram_Designs, Mylows10, power-fanatic07, Argento

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

I'm an idiot? I may not know as much about car audio than you but I am sure I am much smarter than you. I am a college student double majoring in Accounting and Finance at one of the top 10 business schools in America. I don't think they would just let an idiot in. I don't feel I need to use proper sentence structure in a **** car audio forum where half the people here don't even use real words. I drive Vdub because what car do you know that pulls of the power they do while maintaining 28-30mpg city. That and the fact their motors are built like a tank with forged crank and pistons stock. If you can name one other car that does that other than Subaru you let me know!
    you being sure that you are smarter than me based on the fact that you are a college student majoring in accounting and finance, even though you have never met me and have no clue who I am, further proves my point that you are stupid.

1999 Tahoe
    2 sa12s
    4th order

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast