Closed Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Reload Thread: Kicker goes Walmart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Re: Kicker goes Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatChevyGuy View Post
    An old friend in high school had 2 12 type rs in a probox on a spl "1500" watt amp (600rms) and said it does 210 db, i said "woah bro, you better stay with that system, if you get any louder 215 will kill you". He said "yeah i know man"
    hahahahahahahahahha

wickedwitt is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

This has quickly become the "what has idiots said about car audio" thread. Me likes

Stupid Loud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedwitt View Post
    This has quickly become the "what has idiots said about car audio" thread. Me likes
    i just cant wait to get my stuff back up and running. im currently powering a black friday fi x 10 with a bxi2008 at 2 ohms and a p400.2 on my old infinity ref 6x9s. i am so pathetic right now but i refuse to power the trf up. just gotta wait for my recone money for my 18

also got laid off lol so that *****.

ThatChevyGuy is offline i heart Jager

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

i find it appropriate because of all the tards that will be rockin low end kicker thinkin they are the shit

REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05fronty View Post
    bitch you better swallow and not make a mess

5. Likes ChevyRidinLow liked this post
    wickedwitt is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyRidinLow View Post
    i just cant wait to get my stuff back up and running. im currently powering a black friday fi x 10 with a bxi2008 at 2 ohms and a p400.2 on my old infinity ref 6x9s. i am so pathetic right now but i refuse to power the trf up. just gotta wait for my recone money for my 18

also got laid off lol so that *****.
    I'd get another Warhorse if I could happen upon 8 TRF motors...

Stupid Loud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedwitt View Post
    I'd get another Warhorse if I could happen upon 8 TRF motors...
    talk to bill lolo ---psychoacoustics.

FTSFTS is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Bumping an older thread but my .02 local install shops are still going to make a pretty penny of this situation. I think a large portion of the purchasers of Kicker are Wal-mart don't know how to install their product(Maybe Walmart will offer installation service?) and thinking "What I save buying here I can use at a shop to get it installed." Most shops will charge a higher premium as well as hesitate to warranty if they warranty at all the product. It was my understanding from earlier in the thread that most of the money made in shops was from the install, well this potential could increase the gross income as well as reduce the expenses for shops which means higher net incomes. One more thing, the whole argument that you don't believe you should be getting your car audio at the same place you shop doesn't satisfy me. I'd expect no less of an enthusiast to expect no less than full attention to their said hobby from the place where you purchase, however, this isn't geared towards people like that, rather, those who desire convenience and do not view this as a hobby worth pursuing. I know I don't have a high post count nor bees-knees system but just my .02. Feel free correct my where I may have messed up.

HU- Eclipse CD5100
    Front Stage- Eclipse SC8365, DD T2 tweets
    Rear- Tang Band W6-1721
    Subs-2 Skar VVX 10's
    Amps- RD Audio 1750.1, Treo ssx 75.4

Refs- Boomsday, SkarAudio, Argent Audio, gl0ck, TrakDay, basscort2009

DC1
    DC1 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am shocked by the cavalier attitude of some of you defending big business here. Kicker did not need the money from this deal. This was greed, plain and simple. Kicker already outsells all competitors combined for subwoofer sales 10 to 1. This is a betrayal to all the dealers that put Kicker on the map in the first place. I am also shocked that some of you don't think this will effect quality. It has effected quality for ALL other manufacturers who have done this....ALL! People don't want Pioneer or Sony speakers or amps anymore because of the damage to their reputation done from selling cheaper products at Walmart. For those of you who don't know how Walmart operates.....first they get you in the door with your normal quality level of products......next they sell the crap out of them and you get huge sales.....then comes the hammer, they leverage the offers of other manufacturers against you to drive down the purchase price to NOTHING.......the manufacturer then has NO CHOICE but to cut costs in order to remain profitable. It has happened to ALL car audio products being sold at Walmart. Then the real damage is done....people who do not know how to install these products purchased at Walmart begin their word of mouth campaign about product failures. Ultimately, there goes your reputation for all products with that brand name on it. Remember this above all, Walmart didn't get where they are by being nice and paying huge amounts for products long term. They are the shrewdest of all businesses and know EXACTLY what they are doing. What is surprising here is that Kicker isn't smart enough to realize this.

CAT MAN is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DC1 View Post
    I am shocked by the cavalier attitude of some of you defending big business here. Kicker did not need the money from this deal. This was greed, plain and simple. Kicker already outsells all competitors combined for subwoofer sales 10 to 1. This is a betrayal to all the dealers that put Kicker on the map in the first place. I am also shocked that some of you don't think this will effect quality. It has effected quality for ALL other manufacturers who have done this....ALL! People don't want Pioneer or Sony speakers or amps anymore because of the damage to their reputation done from selling cheaper products at Walmart. For those of you who don't know how Walmart operates.....first they get you in the door with your normal quality level of products......next they sell the crap out of them and you get huge sales.....then comes the hammer, they leverage the offers of other manufacturers against you to drive down the purchase price to NOTHING.......the manufacturer then has NO CHOICE but to cut costs in order to remain profitable. It has happened to ALL car audio products being sold at Walmart. Then the real damage is done....people who do not know how to install these products purchased at Walmart begin their word of mouth campaign about product failures. Ultimately, there goes your reputation for all products with that brand name on it. Remember this above all, Walmart didn't get where they are by being nice and paying huge amounts for products long term. They are the shrewdest of all businesses and know EXACTLY what they are doing. What is surprising here is that Kicker isn't smart enough to realize this.
    hi newbie

cdc351jeferson is offline Premium Member cdc351jeferson is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Kicker already sold out long ago and they are not near once they were only thing that can happen is they can become worse lol wont buy em before walmart wont buy them now

12. Dislikes Why So Cereal? disliked this post
    Flex68 is offline dilligaf

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Kicker already outsells all competitors combined for subwoofer sales 10 to 1.

It has effected quality for ALL other manufacturers who have done this....ALL!

For those of you who don't know how Walmart operates.....first they get you in the door with your normal quality level of products......next they sell the crap out of them and you get huge sales.....then comes the hammer, they leverage the offers of other manufacturers against you to drive down the purchase price to NOTHING.......the manufacturer then has NO CHOICE but to cut costs in order to remain profitable. It has happened to ALL car audio products being sold at Walmart.
    Thanks for the education..... now, where's the proof?

Not necessarily saying that I disagree with your basic points of Kicker "selling out," or how WalMart seeks to drive down prices, force increased production, and/or participates knowingly or unknowingly in lowered quality from a manufacturer.

But still, you pretty "cavalierly" threw up a bunch of mud, there

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    Romney will [fornicate] me less than Obama already has and WAY less than what Obama has planned.
    Refs: adamtwo4, basscort2009, burzendowski, clanassa, cthedinger, ikoolguy, its_bacon12, Jew_Bagel, jr711, kreapin, kowboy, Rudy, TheRealDefman, Winter_C

HU:Eclipse CD7200 MkII
    Subs: Fack Skar Audio
    Front comps: HAT Clarus C61-2 off Sony ES 7547
    Electrical: C&D batt, Big 3 with 1/0, 4ga to amps, Stinger RCA’s
    Damping: 60mil FG panels over holes, full worx from SDS

14. Thanks Jerhemy thanked for this post
    Likes Jerhemy liked this post
    Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

What I fail to understand is how Kickers quality is constantly in question or ppl are always saying "I'LL NEVER RUN KICKER AGAIN BECAUSE ONLINE SAYS SO" and how they sold out blah blah....but, Audiopipe is thriving as a forum boner.

cdc351jeferson is offline Premium Member cdc351jeferson is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

i just recently joined forums and all my knowledge has been learned seeing things happen to friends and others

d77543020 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

newb does have a point to a extant, pioneer amps and subs are rarely used at least in the circles i run in and sony forget about it but i dont think its wall-mart i think its more because those two companies do waaay more then car audio so they may just not care that much about car audio

naughtyca is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

welcome to the forum, to tell you the truth , i dont care what walmart does since i dont buy car audio in walmart you should try to do the same.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast