Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Is This How To Setup An Amplifier Wires? Please Read!!! Need Help!

b1utigg3r2 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is This How To Setup An Amplifier Wires? Please Read!!! Need Help!

I have this setup... I have an MTX 81000d Amp, connected to a 1/0 KnuKonceptz (Silver) Ground Wire and an ANL 100amp Inline Fuse on the top of the box.... I'm getting my pair of MTX Thunder 8000 T8124 4ohm and my PPI capitator tomorrow... I was wondering to complete the setup, should I connect the 1/0-Gauge from the battery to a distribution block (1/0 Gauge to 8 Gauge). One wire from the distribution block to my amplifier, then one wire to the capacitor. Then ground the capacitor, and lastly connect RCA connection and you're done..... Am I right? You can take a look at what I've done so far on my link below: Thanks...

http://home.earthlink.net/~adamliew/Setup1.jpg

~My Sound System~
    HU: Alpine CDA-7894
    AMP: MTX Thunder81000d
    KnuKonceptz 0ga Amp Power Wires/Kit & Tsunami 4ga Power Wire
    SUB: (2) Blown 12" MTX Thunder8000 (Awaiting Arrival)
    Cap: PPI 1 Farad

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    THAT FUSE GOES UNDER YOUR HOOD YOUNG JEDI HEHE. ..RUN THE WIRE FROM YOUR BATTERY (THAT FUSE HOLDER WITHIN 18" OF YOUR BATTERY. RUN IT THROUGH YOUR FIREWALL....THE WIRE UNDER THE HOOD WRAP IN LOOM..ALSO MAKE SURE THE WIRE PASSING THROUGH THE FIREWALL DOES SO VIA A WIRE GRAMET
    . THE WIRE THEN GOES UNDER YOUR INTERIOR CARPET THROUGH YOUR BACKSEAT TO YOUR TRUNK BY WHERE YOUR AMP IS......GET A DISTIBUTION BLOCK THAT IS WITHIN 18 WIRE INCHES OF YOUR AMP...EITHER 8 OR 4 GUAGE CAN BE USED OR A BLOCK WITH 2 0 GUAGE INPUT/OUTPUTS CAN BE USED (SEES YOUR AMP ACCEPTS IT) WITH THE EXTRA HOOK UPS ON THE BLOCK ATTACH THE POWER (POSITIVE) OF THE CAP (READ ABOUT CHARGING YOUR CAP) THEN GROUND BOTH YOUR AMP AND CAP....THEN PUT THE FUSE IN THE FUSE HOLDER UNDER THE HOOD............

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

Closed Thread