caewen is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Questions for my upcoming 2010 Jeep Install

Installing:
    HU-Alpine INA-W910
    Speakers- Hertz HSK 165 up front and Hertz DSK 165 in the sound bar
    Amp's- Hifonics HFi 1500D & HFi 100.4(please don't Flame me, I got these about 1-1 1/2 years ago not knowing any better and they are still BNIB)

So my question is do you think these will be ok for my speaker and sub choices? The sub will have to be ran at 3 Ohm because the 1500D is only 1 Ohm stable. What can I expect to get the 1500D to do? I was hoping for at least 600 watts at 3 Ohm. I can buy another Sub Amp if you really think it is needed but would prefer to use what I have. This install is getting more expensive than I had originally intended. I am having an alarm installed as I type this and feel like I got bent over with no lube. $700 for a Viper 2 way alarm with Glass Break Sensor. Plus I like the idea of matching amps. I am looking at a SKAR 1500D in the amp classified's if it is really needed.

Electrical:
    My Jeep has an OEM 140 Amp Alt and OEM Battery. I plan to run 0 AWG power and ground to distribution blocks in the back then 4 AWG power and ground to the amps. I bought an Absolute 0 AWG kit, only plan on using the 0 AWG and Fuse Block with 200 Amp fuse from this kit. The 0 AWG is OFC and measures out as true 0 AWG. I have a EFX Power and Ground Distro for the for the Amp's in the back. Both are 0 AWG inputs and 4 AWG outputs. The Power Distro has a LED Voltage display and needs 2 AFC mini wafer fuses, what fuse size do you recommend for this?

I also have a bunch of 4 AWG Kicker Hyperflex wire that I had originally intended to use to do the Big 3 and short runs from distros to the amps. Now I am thinking I need to use 0 AWG for Big 3. 17' of 0 AWG came with the Absolute kit. I am hoping to get the run to the back and at least the power and ground from ALT to chasis with 0 AWG. If I run short on 0 AWG for the Big 3 can I maybe double or triple 4 AWG from battery to chasis?

The last thing I need an enclosure built, trying to get a design done by DC Creations. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. I think this is probably my first post so hello to everyone as well. :wave

sacsking916 is offline stayin high an loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Re: Questions for my upcoming 2010 Jeep Install

you could buy a dual 4 or dual 1ohm woofer and wire the amp down to 2/1 ohm instead of 3 ohms honestly. how much room do you have in that jeep?

TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    King James has nothing on King Sac!

caewen is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am planning to take the rear seats out, so I have room. But I already own 2 12" Type R's that can be wired down to 1 Ohm. I would rather have the 13 W7 though I think.

caewen is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

After closer inspection of the Absolute 0 AWG it appears to be a mix of copper and aluminum. Should I use this or get some different 0 AWG for my power run to the back and Big 3?

mylows10 is offline Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)

ofc is the best , but depending on the power you are running ,will decide on the wire needed

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

caewen is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It says OFC on the jacket of the wire. As far as the power it will be a Hifonics HFi 1500D and HFi 100.4 unless someone says I should not use these amps. Right now its just OEM battery and Alt. Alt is 140 Amp. Hoping to be able to get at least 600watts from the 1500D at 3 Ohm. That Skar amp in amp classifieds is really tempting lol.

VisceralSound is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caewen View Post
    It says OFC on the jacket of the wire. As far as the power it will be a Hifonics HFi 1500D and HFi 100.4 unless someone says I should not use these amps. Right now its just OEM battery and Alt. Alt is 140 Amp. Hoping to be able to get at least 600watts from the 1500D at 3 Ohm. That Skar amp in amp classifieds is really tempting lol.
    Awesome amp

References: BigSix,

This industry is about innovation and setting your own path

caewen is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any idea if that Skar amp will run at 0.75 for a daily driver on stock electrical? Or what I could expect at 3 Ohms? Keep in mind I don't drive my Jeep a whole lot I have a work van I use for well work lol and the Jeep haha it only has 2500 miles on it. But I don't want to screw anything up and void any warranty on my Jeep.

Closed Thread