Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: First sound system~

Erisior is offline B-Goche

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First sound system~

So, I bought my first system. 2 12" Diamond D3's powered by a Diamond d1 400.1 Amp(Which I am guessing I should upgrade to a more powerful amp) But I bought all of this for $275 which I thought was a good deal. What do you guys think?

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Re: First sound system~

i think you got a decent deal!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Eh, seems decent enough. You probably could have bought a single sub and amp new for around the same price, netting you overall better performance(both SPL and SQ), but still, it doesn't seem like you got completely ripped off, and I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

My first system was a 10" Volfenhag powered by a Power Acoustik 2 channel. You should feel lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by globalminds_ent View Post
    people think that companies are so much better than each other when it comes to amps, but this is all a game people..all of this **** is the same, now some are better than others but in the end all of this **** is the same. These companies want u to fight over who is the best. When honestly there is probably 2 or 3 huge companies that make every single amp on the planet. Wake up people.u don't no who owns this stuff and u don't know who owns these build houses.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    you dont even got no swag anyway

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Where I am from. New car audio isn't cheap and I was dead set on dual 12"'s I listened to them before I paid and they sounded great! Thanks for the input guys. Now I just need to teach myself how to install them.

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

the addiction begins

6. Likes Erisior liked this post
    Full Tilt is offline Bonafide MAFer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audiobaun View Post
    the addiction begins
    This..it'll slowly get worse and worse until you're selling kidneys just to pay for another sub to stash in your bedroom..

Quote Originally Posted by T.I.K. View Post
    Careful, by those definitions Spider Monkey is a contributing member, I don't think he even knows what a subwoofer is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truman View Post
    Thanks quackhead. Your the only person who agrees with me. Jesus Christ I have like 40 post and I've been called a ******* like 37 times

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Haha, I hope it doesn't get that bad. I'm sure these'll last me a while though. Until I get a better job and can fund the higher end quality stuff. Would you guys recommend I get a more powerful amplifier to push these subs?

Dozer68 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Erisior View Post
    Haha, I hope it doesn't get that bad. I'm sure these'll last me a while though. Until I get a better job and can fund the higher end quality stuff. Would you guys recommend I get a more powerful amplifier to push these subs?
    yes especially if they are going in a trunk.look for 1000 - 1500 watts rms

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Where I am from. New car audio isn't cheap and I was dead set on dual 12"'s I listened to them before I paid and they sounded great! Thanks for the input guys. Now I just need to teach myself how to install them.
    You better do some reading around, you don't want to ruin your newly acquired equipment. I suggest looking up the RMS rating of your amp so when you set the gain, you're able to do it correctly.

people think that companies are so much better than each other when it comes to amps, but this is all a game people..all of this **** is the same, now some are better than others but in the end all of this **** is the same. These companies want u to fight over who is the best. When honestly there is probably 2 or 3 huge companies that make every single amp on the planet. Wake up people.u don't no who owns this stuff and u don't know who owns these build houses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dozer68 View Post
    yes especially if they are going in a trunk.look for 1000 - 1500 watts rms
    Yeah, you'll probably want quite a bit more power, but I'm not sure I'd go far past 1kW.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks like it's only 400 watts which definitely isn't enough to properly supply these subs with power. So, should I look for an 1100 then? I know when I went to Advance Audio the guy suggested an 1100W amp to go along with those subs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Looks like it's only 400 watts which definitely isn't enough to properly supply these subs with power. So, should I look for an 1100 then? I know when I went to Advance Audio the guy suggested an 1100W amp to go along with those subs.
    Well, just so you don't get stuck into bad habits from the start, RMS ratings aren't necessarily ratings you need to strive for, and depending on your enclosure, you might not even want to give your subs their rated power(depending on the size and tuning of a box, your subwoofer may reach its mechanical limits at well under half its rated power).

Typically, an RMS rating is just the rating that a subwoofer manufacturer suggests not going above(usually because if a subwoofer gets too much power, it can break -- obviously). You may very well be happy with 200W per sub.

Louisiana_CRX is offline dem shoes......

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

The Audiopipe 1500 is a good budget amp for around $150

Current 2010 Louisiana USACi State Records :

Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3
    StreetBeat 2................... 145.6
    Stock 1801-up.................153.8
    SuperStock 1801-up..........154.2
    Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hooked everything up today and am rather pleased with it so far although I feel there's too much bass being pushed and is causing lowered SQ but other than that I'm enjoying it greatly. They hit super hard and that's what I wanted. Thanks for the input guys I greatly appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I hooked everything up today and am rather pleased with it so far although I feel there's too much bass being pushed and is causing lowered SQ but other than that I'm enjoying it greatly. They hit super hard and that's what I wanted. Thanks for the input guys I greatly appreciate it.
    How did you set your gain?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast